Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v7.0 Released

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v5 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Quote Originally Posted by cemoz View Post
    No I'm playing on M/M but I've just realized that I think I may have an older Campaign AI because my AI behavior looks much like the first EBII AI which people described. Downloaded the new CAI and will test soon. It's pretty weird though because the modpack looks as if it's working (can understand by new watchtower/village models..)

Here's a question. A couple of times when I tried stuff and failed or didn't like, I've uninstalled EBII but not the M2TW which is connected to my steam. Is it not functional to uninstall EBII, delete the rest of the files and then install a clean setup without uninstalling M2TW?
    Try to delete map.rwm first
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v5 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Ok. Today I also saw that it was on the instructions I don't know why I missed it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cemoz View Post
    I don't know if I should report on this here but in this campaign AI I feel like it's me against the world.. In my Boii campaign I was pretty careful with not accepting trade agreements which I cannot fulfill and I tried my best to be rewarding to other factions as much as possible. The thing is that although i'm more powerful than other factions around and these factions have pretty good reasons to wage war on one another (arveni and aedui for example, It's pretty illogical imho that they both decided to leave each other alone and expand to independent tribes around and then boii) they all decide to wage war on my faction. No barbarian nation in my campaign has ever declared war on anyone other than me and the only diplomatic news, alliance or war are about hellenistic governments around Mediterranean.

To see if this is the deal with Boii, I've also started a test campaign with Bosphorus State for I was curious if Sarmatae who are pretty close to me will decide to push Europe rather than south like in my Boii campaign and saw that this time they decided to push down south and the Getai who also pushed for Europe started pushing east and once again no barbarian faction attacked anything else than independent regions and me as Bosphorus State.

Strong army on the border deters enemies.

Laetus

Great collection of fixes, some really good stuff, but it seams we might have some problems with smallest factions. I am talking specificaly about Pontos but other factions will probably have similar problems.
    The thing is that in clean EB bodyguard units have some small upkeep cost of like 10, while in this fix their cost is more representative of the unit they consist of. This is not a bad thing in itself but it totally screws up early game balance done by EB and makes Pontos (and probably some other factions) totally unplayable.
    Pontos example : you start with 3 FM units, and their upkeep costs you about 25 in clean EB while here they cost you about 1500. Considering your only town brings 2000 on high tax you can see the problem. Even after expressly capturing Sinope and Trapezous you can barely break even, specialy considering new FM start becoming of age, so you are spending like 70% of income from 3 good towns just paying your 4 bodyguards. In clean EB you would have extra 1,5-2K per turn and it would still be very hard campaign, this way you dont stand a chance.
    I changed upkeep cost back to EB values in export_descr_unit for my pontos bodyguard so i can play the campaign, but I really think that those bodyguard upkeeps should be brought back to EB costs for most factions, cause EB is a very hard and balanced mod and this is a to big of a change in an early part of the game.

idk if this compilation is the cause or wtf is going on, but i'm playing a Rome campaign at abt turn 315 and at war with Macedon, who are enormous and own most of europe. But every time i end turn while at war with them the game freezes on their turn, any idea on what would be causing the problem or how to fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by turbo4400 View Post
    idk if this compilation is the cause or wtf is going on, but i'm playing a Rome campaign at abt turn 315 and at war with Macedon, who are enormous and own most of europe. But every time i end turn while at war with them the game freezes on their turn, any idea on what would be causing the problem or how to fix it?
    Well i don't know maybe you can upload a log?
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

That also means 315 turns without a crash. Maybe it is a rare bug for example

Does this mod fix the agent voices on the campaign map? I assume it is something that will be fixed in a future release of the full mod, but it would be nice to hear feedback from your diplomats, spies, etc. even if it is using the original audio files from Rome.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by meh_cd View Post
    Does this mod fix the agent voices on the campaign map? I assume it is something that will be fixed in a future release of the full mod, but it would be nice to hear feedback from your diplomats, spies, etc. even if it is using the original audio files from Rome.
    "Killer waiting for orders...on my way! ...Moving to position..."

Thanks for this compilation - much appreciated. A couple of points:
    1) The boosted Eleutheroi now seem to prevent AI Pergamon from expanding into Nikea and possibly also Carthage (into Syracuse).
    2) I used winmerge to revert the bodyguard upkeep values to the original ones to prevent the issue in post #164 and that seemed to work.
    3) Is it my imagination or does Ptolemy become of vassal of AS within the first 12 turns each game?
    I really liked the extra traits and ancilliaries - very much added to the role-playing.
    Regards
    P.
    Last edited by Porphyrogenita; April 18, 2015 at 07:08 AM.

b0Gia, which is the file with the new economic script in it? I'm interested in just that one by itself. Presumably this reduces the ability of the AI to recruit four full stacks with just one province?

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    b0Gia, which is the file with the new economic script in it? I'm interested in just that one by itself. Presumably this reduces the ability of the AI to recruit four full stacks with just one province?
    Go to data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\campaign_script.txt
    Open it and type Section : Money Assistance.
    There is Section 1a) : Difficult Start Help,
    Section 1b) : Faction Debt Help and
    Section 1c) : Cap treasury

Well Marvin tasked me, so i think it helps somehow.

Next time you compile this, I'd recommend you replace the two BAI/CAI mods with z3n's latest one. I've got a new EDU/D_P as well.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Next time you compile this, I'd recommend you replace the two BAI/CAI mods with z3n's latest one. I've got a new EDU/D_P as well.
    And what with New CAI/PiterAI1.3 (artificial Intelligence)?

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    Moderator Emeritus

Well it is more of a three pronged assault on the AI through Campaign AI, Battle AI and Campaign/Battle pathfinding updates. You can find the proper files here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-and-Battle-AI
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    And what with New CAI/PiterAI1.3 (artificial Intelligence)?

That's superceded as well. That was the second, besides Germanicu5, that I was referring to.

Hi Bogia!! First time with EB2 and decided to straight download your mod.

Just a quick question about ReallyBadAi...why didn't you include some files like pathfinding and battle config?
    TO ARMS IN DIXIE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lostsoul View Post
    Hi Bogia!! First time with EB2 and decided to straight download your mod.

Just a quick question about ReallyBadAi...why didn't you include some files like pathfinding and battle config?
    It needs an update with the latest fixes

cool, tks!
    TO ARMS IN DIXIE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canne View Post
    Great collection of fixes, some really good stuff, but it seams we might have some problems with smallest factions. I am talking specificaly about Pontos but other factions will probably have similar problems.
    The thing is that in clean EB bodyguard units have some small upkeep cost of like 10, while in this fix their cost is more representative of the unit they consist of. This is not a bad thing in itself but it totally screws up early game balance done by EB and makes Pontos (and probably some other factions) totally unplayable.
    Pontos example : you start with 3 FM units, and their upkeep costs you about 25 in clean EB while here they cost you about 1500. Considering your only town brings 2000 on high tax you can see the problem. Even after expressly capturing Sinope and Trapezous you can barely break even, specialy considering new FM start becoming of age, so you are spending like 70% of income from 3 good towns just paying your 4 bodyguards. In clean EB you would have extra 1,5-2K per turn and it would still be very hard campaign, this way you dont stand a chance.
    I changed upkeep cost back to EB values in export_descr_unit for my pontos bodyguard so i can play the campaign, but I really think that those bodyguard upkeeps should be brought back to EB costs for most factions, cause EB is a very hard and balanced mod and this is a to big of a change in an early part of the game.
    Fixed