Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v7.0 Released

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v5 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    Sound mod isn't working perfect? Apart from this all the others are ok?
    Well i cant be 100% but as far as i can tell yeah the year in history and villages works at the very least so i assume the main files are working fine. Im pretty sure i installed okay, all of them into EB II modfolder and deleted map.rwm after the sound/vegetation.

Ill try reinstalling. Is there a link to the thread of optional sound mod itself.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v5 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    Well i cant be 100% but as far as i can tell yeah the year in history and villages works at the very least so i assume the main files are working fine. Im pretty sure i installed okay, all of them into EB II modfolder and deleted map.rwm after the sound/vegetation.

Ill try reinstalling. Is there a link to the thread of optional sound mod itself.
    I can't help you with music submod, is a combination of mine rome total war music submod and this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Barbarorum-II
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Your sound mod doesn't work. It's still the EB II music, not RTW music.

Do you think DBM's music would work with this mod? Would it also be possible just to use Medieval II's original music if worse comes to worse?

My rome total war music mod is working, i will upload separate link
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

I can't help you with music submod, is a combination of mine rome total war music submod and this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Barbarorum-II
    I looked at his video preview and there is definitely a problem somewhere, i hear the spear and sword sound as well as arrows hitting the target on that guys mod, the rest, and whatever you added to his in combination is completely mute. Although i do get vanilla EB1 music on campaign if that is any help. Ill repost after ive finished the reinstall see how it goes.

Reinstall seems to have fixed it no idea what happened, probably placed a few files in the wrong place.
    Last edited by Martin N; March 20, 2015 at 07:51 AM.

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    I looked at his video preview and there is definitely a problem somewhere, i hear the spear and sword sound as well as arrows hitting the target on that guys mod, the rest, and whatever you added to his in combination is completely mute. Although i do get vanilla EB1 music on campaign if that is any help. Ill repost after ive finished the reinstall see how it goes.

Reinstall seems to have fixed it no idea what happened, probably placed a few files in the wrong place.
    Vegetation and sounds submod has 372 downloads so i think if there was a bug somewhere, one should have posted it here. So in the end no bug exists. Ok thanks for feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Your sound mod doesn't work. It's still the EB II music, not RTW music.

Do you think DBM's music would work with this mod? Would it also be possible just to use Medieval II's original music if worse comes to worse?
    Download this version please:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/11...ic+modpack.rar

To check you have rtw music, try to make a battle. If you hear this music in pre battle menu, all are ok:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAwOYBUv5eA

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Download this version please:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/11...ic+modpack.rar

To check you have rtw music, try to make a battle. If you hear this music in pre battle menu, all are ok:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAwOYBUv5eA
    Where am I supposed to extract this to? Straight to the "sounds" folder in this pathway here?

--> "Medieval II: Total War --> Mods --> EB II --> data --> sounds" ???

Is your sub-mod up to date with EB II version 2.01? I have to ask, because it looks like the only files you are replacing are "events.dat" and "events.idx," whereas you have no replacement for the seemingly much larger files in the "sounds" folder, those being "Music.dat" and "Music.idx." Those are the files that need to be replaced, I would think. Your sub-mod doesn't do that. Therefore it doesn't work. You should consider fixing this problem.

From what I can tell, your sub-mod worked with previous versions of EB II. It does not work with 2.01, which was released on 12 September 2014. Your sub mod was released prior to this.

"Music.dat" and "Music.idx." must not be changed, you only need the files i provide you. The modpacks are working, 394 downloaded the vegetations and sounds and 16 the new link with only the sounds.

Sorry I'm new here so pardon a few dumb questions, but how do the Legions name mod work? so far I tried installing the mod but I can't seem to find any changes in the Romani legions and secondly the rome total war sound mod didnt work

Quote Originally Posted by jordiebenardus View Post
    Sorry I'm new here so pardon a few dumb questions, but how do the Legions name mod work? so far I tried installing the mod but I can't seem to find any changes in the Romani legions and secondly the rome total war sound mod didnt work
    Legions name works when you recruit a unit in your starting regions, about the music submod is working , you either doing something wrong or is os related problem

Legions name works when you recruit a unit in your starting regions, about the music submod is working , you either doing something wrong or is os related problem
    Ahh I see, so 'Legio' is now visible all units recruited in the starting provinces? what does it actually do? well in my game it only shows up as Legio with no names following it, also the really bad battle AI causes the command tab to freeze (turns grey) until the command is completed. i.e the command to move wont be able to be cancelled until the units arrived at the designated position

You need to delete map.rwm it should be legio i, legio ii etc, also you should download the fix remove hardcore from the first page

Ahh alright I manage to get it right, still don't know what is wrong with the rome music pack mod though I've tried installing it several times

I don't know if I should report on this here but in this campaign AI I feel like it's me against the world.. In my Boii campaign I was pretty careful with not accepting trade agreements which I cannot fulfill and I tried my best to be rewarding to other factions as much as possible. The thing is that although i'm more powerful than other factions around and these factions have pretty good reasons to wage war on one another (arveni and aedui for example, It's pretty illogical imho that they both decided to leave each other alone and expand to independent tribes around and then boii) they all decide to wage war on my faction. No barbarian nation in my campaign has ever declared war on anyone other than me and the only diplomatic news, alliance or war are about hellenistic governments around Mediterranean.

To see if this is the deal with Boii, I've also started a test campaign with Bosphorus State for I was curious if Sarmatae who are pretty close to me will decide to push Europe rather than south like in my Boii campaign and saw that this time they decided to push down south and the Getai who also pushed for Europe started pushing east and once again no barbarian faction attacked anything else than independent regions and me as Bosphorus State.

Where is the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by cemoz View Post
    I was pretty careful with not accepting trade agreements which I cannot fulfill
    Surely this is a myth, right? I seek to establish trade agreements with every faction I can no matter how far away their closest province is, and my reputation remains immaculate.

"Music.dat" and "Music.idx." must not be changed, you only need the files i provide you. The modpacks are working, 394 downloaded the vegetations and sounds and 16 the new link with only the sounds.
    The mod does not work, at least as provided in EB II 2.01. I have a fresh install of Medieval II and EB II and it is still using the default EB II music, even after I edited descr_sounds_music myself.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by cemoz View Post
    I don't know if I should report on this here but in this campaign AI I feel like it's me against the world..
    Sounds like you're playing on Very Hard. This is not recommended for any TW game because this is the result. If you want a more realistic campaign you have to lower the campaign difficulty (modders can change quite a bit in the type of aggressive and expansionist profiles which can be assigned to an AI faction, but this only goes so far).

No I'm playing on M/M but I've just realized that I think I may have an older Campaign AI because my AI behavior looks much like the first EBII AI which people described. Downloaded the new CAI and will test soon. It's pretty weird though because the modpack looks as if it's working (can understand by new watchtower/village models..)

Here's a question. A couple of times when I tried stuff and failed or didn't like, I've uninstalled EBII but not the M2TW which is connected to my steam. Is it not functional to uninstall EBII, delete the rest of the files and then install a clean setup without uninstalling M2TW?