Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v7.0 Released

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Mod Pack v4 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Bogia, have you looked at the Roman watchtowers? They don't work well for the Romans, the model is way too big, bigger than the cities of other factions and just looks more like a graphical glitch, more like a lego block, than a town or village. Especially given the nature of where watchtowers are usually placed -- near borders -- the model is so big it ends up where you can't even tell which province it's in.

I suggest changing back to towers for Roman's or finding a better (and much smaller) village model.
    Yes here is the new update:
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by b0Gia de Bodemloze; January 19, 2015 at 08:13 PM.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Mod Pack v4 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Quick suggestion related to a lot of conversation I've seen on the Roman rank traits. Would you be willing to remove the requirement to go to Rome to get promoted? It becomes a huge hassle and makes Imperium efforts tedious, despite the roleplaying advantages. I'd rather see an intentional turn delay while they await rank (2-4 turns?), then ranking up wherever they are simulating the official promotion.

Short version, make promotions automatic based on a time delay, rather than sitting in Rome until a winter turn is over.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Quick suggestion related to a lot of conversation I've seen on the Roman rank traits. Would you be willing to remove the requirement to go to Rome to get promoted? It becomes a huge hassle and makes Imperium efforts tedious, despite the roleplaying advantages. I'd rather see an intentional turn delay while they await rank (2-4 turns?), then ranking up wherever they are simulating the official promotion.

Short version, make promotions automatic based on a time delay, rather than sitting in Rome until a winter turn is over.
    Ok i will see what i can do for this.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Latest release plays excellently. I did notice on "Field of Games" building description there is a "You should not see this, report bug" text description. Otherwise having a blast, love these titles.

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Mod Pack v4 beta 1 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia released.

Here are some shots of a few revised ancillary images for the Ptloemies:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Mod Pack v4 beta 1 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia released.

Hmm, I think cavalry is slightly problematic. It gets stuck into fights and doesn't follow orders. It's immensely hard to get it them detach. Instead they want to slug it out against the likes of spearmen.
    This need to spam orders is of course evident in M2 itself compared to Rome, but I've gotten them to detach sooner or later every time before this.
    Can it be due to having only one command star or does the cavalry still need work?

Hopefully some of the issues will be corrected with the new edu by Quintus.

Quote Originally Posted by magitsu View Post
    Hmm, I think cavalry is slightly problematic. It gets stuck into fights and doesn't follow orders. It's immensely hard to get it them detach. Instead they want to slug it out against the likes of spearmen.
    This need to spam orders is of course evident in M2 itself compared to Rome, but I've gotten them to detach sooner or later every time before this.
    Can it be due to having only one command star or does the cavalry still need work?
    Well maybe this is due to germanicu5 hardcore limits, you can't spam orders. After you order for a while commanding panel is grey. Check again

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    Well maybe this is due to germanicu5 hardcore limits, you can't spam orders. After you order for a while commanding panel is grey. Check again
    Interesting... but that might be a big problem. You have to issue orders multiple times in a row to get most units to disengage. It's always been that way, so disallowing the player from doing this will frustrate the combat system (haven't updated this compilation yet due to long ongoing campaign so can't check).

Interesting... but that might be a big problem. You have to issue orders multiple times in a row to get most units to disengage. It's always been that way, so disallowing the player from doing this will frustrate the combat system (haven't updated this compilation yet due to long ongoing campaign so can't check).
    Indeed, that is an accentuated M2TW problem. In vanilla, SS etc. you must spam to get them to do things - at some point they will. But in this one you can't keep the command interface active (non-grey) reliably enough to be even always able to select between walking and running. Those triangles disappear too often. So not only you aren't able to spam but they might be actively forgetting what they should be doing.

I would assign high priority to this one. My cavalry is now relegated to mop up duty, or attacking through formations that aren't able to bog them down.

Indeed, that is an accentuated M2TW problem. In vanilla, SS etc. you must spam to get them to do things - at some point they will. But in this one you can't keep the command interface active (non-grey) reliably enough to be even always able to select between walking and running. Those triangles disappear too often. So not only you aren't able to spam but they might be actively forgetting what they should be doing.

I would assign high priority to this one. My cavalry is now relegated to mop up duty, or attacking through formations that aren't able to bog them down.
    So we sould remove germanicu5 hardcore limits?

I have fought many battles utilizing cavalry and have no issues with them. I would also recommend installing the edu and descr_projectile updates by Quitntus (LINK). I think you will find the new edu makes a big difference.

EDIT: I didn't mean to quote myself.

Here are a few more screenshots from the extended offices portion of the mod that will be included soon.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    pontos_archistrategos ancillary

Pontic Satrapes Trait

Pontic Satrapeia ancillary
    Pontic Faction Heir Legacy Trait
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; January 27, 2015 at 07:07 PM.

I've been using the hotfix almost since right after downloading EBII and have frequent disengaging problems -- though they are indeed more minor given the way units can break through each other more easily. It's really more of a problem with infantry, since the cavalry are like white lightning. Most commonly occurs with skirmishers whom you do not want engaged in melee, pulling them all out in order to regroup the unit can be a real hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Here are a few more screenshots from the extended offices portion of the mod that will be included soon...
    These look great, and how is your text so much more legible?

In the next day or two I will install another copy of EB II so I can take some comparison shots since I overwrote the original export_unit file. IMO the top of the unit card is much cleaner and easier to read.

Sorry, it is a bit late and I am little slow, the text for the Ancillaries and Traits took many days of typing.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    Long time player here, 99% sure this is what's affecting it. It occurs often when charges don't correctly line up and perform properly, which is harder to do when you can't tell them specifically when to run. e.g. Cavalry walk up to an enemy unit in a broken formation and get boggled down in battle, while the other half of unit is still trying to charge or do some other part of the locked command.

I like the concept of those order limits, but implementation often just ends up with wonky GUI issues, wrongly deployed units, more 'technical' issues pop up than are allowed to enhance the roleplay.

*I haven't been playing with those edu changes by quintus however
    Last edited by smitty; January 29, 2015 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Long time player here, 99% sure this is what's affecting it. It occurs often when charges don't correctly line up and perform properly, which is harder to do when you can't tell them specifically when to run. e.g. Cavalry walk up to an enemy unit in a broken formation and get boggled down in battle, while the other half of unit is still trying to charge or do some other part of the locked command.

I like the concept of those order limits, but implementation often just ends up with wonky GUI issues, wrongly deployed units, more 'technical' issues pop up than are allowed to enhance the roleplay.

*I haven't been playing with those edu changes by quintus however
    Download the latest version of mod pack and give feedback.

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Mod Pack v4.1 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia released.

I've figured out how to make the Roman promotions work without a need for being in Rome proper. We have some options (I'm happy to do the edits if you want). We can:

1: Be promoted at winter's end, after receiving eligibility rank the winter prior (default but no roman city requirement)
    2: Be promoted at winter's end, after receiving eligibility rank asap
    3: Be promoted asap, after receiving eligibility asap (this means you are given office eligibility as soon as eligible, and then promotion the next turn. No winter waiting in other words)

Thoughts?
    Last edited by smitty; February 05, 2015 at 03:43 PM.

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v4.1 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Still seeing huge cities instead of tiny villages for the watchtowers after updating to the latest version. The Sarmatae are going around dropping walled capitals along their borders.

I hope you'll consider giving the watchtower models back to settled factions, though I do like the tiny villages for more unsettled factions like the Saka, Nabateans, Sarmatae, etc.

For the settled factions that build permanent structures, it just makes more sense to see small towers as border posts. Factions like the Ptolomies, Rome and Makedon should be able to erect outposts with permanent structures -- that will also look good on the battle map by the way, another thing I look forward to in battles that take place at watchtowers.

The watchtower models that were in EBII vanilla already look better on the map than some of the village models, the square town models for Rome look particularly dischordant with the map. Also, the map is so crowded with small village and town type models -- some farms, some mining towns, others slave colonies or vineyards, etc, etc, etc. The only thing that differentiates the watchtowers are that they actually have a little tower, and these were things people truly built.

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v4.1 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Still seeing huge cities instead of tiny villages for the watchtowers after updating to the latest version. The Sarmatae are going around dropping walled capitals along their borders.

I hope you'll consider giving the watchtower models back to settled factions, though I do like the tiny villages for more unsettled factions like the Saka, Nabateans, Sarmatae, etc.

For the settled factions that build permanent structures, it just makes more sense to see small towers as border posts. Factions like the Ptolomies, Rome and Makedon should be able to erect outposts with permanent structures -- that will also look good on the battle map by the way, another thing I look forward to in battles that take place at watchtowers.

The watchtower models that were in EBII vanilla already look better on the map than some of the village models, the square town models for Rome look particularly dischordant with the map. Also, the map is so crowded with small village and town type models -- some farms, some mining towns, others slave colonies or vineyards, etc, etc, etc. The only thing that differentiates the watchtowers are that they actually have a little tower, and these were things people truly built.
    Well so the request is watchtowers back for settled factions and villages for barbarians. Ok i can do something for that.

I don't know if everyone else experiences this on the same level that I do, but I cannot order my troops to do anything on the field once the armies close distances. I can't issue any orders, my UI is greyed out; my army becomes an immobile block of linemen and inactive reserves. The game is unplayable now. I figure that this may have something to do with Gracul's AI and anti-spamming mechanics, but to have my army outmaneuvered while I cannot react is not acceptable for me.

Do you, by any chance, have the backup files for the BAI so that I may reroll to the vanilla BAI?
    [/U]