Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v7.0 Released

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Mod Pack v3 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia. Recruitable Generals finally came to EB 2.01 allong with ReallyBadAI 5.7.

Hi b0Gia first of all many congratulations for your submods compilation, imho it really enhances the gameplay experience of EB2 I just have a question: is the ReallyBadAI 5.7 submod compatible with the CAI\PiterAI 1.3 one? Or should I modify some values contained in specific files to avoid gameplay issues? Thanks a lot in advance for your help Keep up your fantastic work!

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Mod Pack v3 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia. Recruitable Generals finally came to EB 2.01 allong with ReallyBadAI 5.7.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    Offtopic 88 goes for what?
    Its a really old nickname from days when I played WoT (the gun not that other thing) and thats how I registered years ago. Wish I could change it now but cant

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire88 View Post
    Its a really old nickname from days when I played WoT (the gun not that other thing) and thats how I registered years ago. Wish I could change it now but cant
    Well i know about the german gun of 88 mm because i played wot too but i started november 2010 as a closed beta tester and you registered here november 2009 hehe. If you folow the news they released a new premium tank "panther 88" aka hitlerpanther. Well i don"t blame you but some things are strange like 88. I really don"t care i simple note it.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by nicki87 View Post
    Hi b0Gia first of all many congratulations for your submods compilation, imho it really enhances the gameplay experience of EB2 I just have a question: is the ReallyBadAI 5.7 submod compatible with the CAI\PiterAI 1.3 one? Or should I modify some values contained in specific files to avoid gameplay issues? Thanks a lot in advance for your help Keep up your fantastic work!
    Well it is compatible you don"t need to modify anything.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Many thanks for answering quickly b0Gia I wish you a Happy New Year!

Could you add in the force diplomacy ?

It would be quite a good thing, given some of the flaw of the game handling relations (especially gifts).

Otherwise, very nice mod/compilatiion, thanks & happy new year !

Small suggestion, I think you should remove ReallyBadAI as it screws up the AI in EB too much, even with Piters modified AI, the AI is active but very erratic, it sieges settlements then backs off for no reason, walks around my land randomly for 6 turns before it declares war and other weird stuff. Although im not sure how many of these things caused by "Reallybadai" and how many from the official EB release.

Small suggestion, I think you should remove ReallyBadAI as it screws up the AI in EB too much, even with Piters modified AI, the AI is active but very erratic, it sieges settlements then backs off for no reason, walks around my land randomly for 6 turns before it declares war and other weird stuff. Although im not sure how many of these things caused by "Reallybadai" and how many from the official EB release.
    The 'ReallyBadAI' by Germancu5 should have nothing to do with anything on the campaign map since it is a battle ai, not a campaign ai.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; March 12, 2015 at 07:58 PM.

So far 150 downloads of this version your are the first to report this. Anyone else has this issue too?

You need to install my AI last, first ver 1.2, then 1.3, and you will be ok. AI Germanicu affects the CAI making them very passive during the war. Are there any other errors, I do not know, because I have not played in such a configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    The 'ReallyBadAI' by Germancu5 should have nothing to do with anything on the campaign map since it is a battle ai, not a campaign ai.
    config_ai_battle:

Germanicu BAI: <friendly-to-enemy-strength-ratio>1.5</friendly-to-enemy-strength-ratio>

PiterAI CAI: <friendly-to-enemy-strength-ratio>0.5</friendly-to-enemy-strength-ratio>

Last edited by Piterx93; January 12, 2015 at 01:11 PM.

Thanks Piter, I did install it last and in the correct order but still the CAI feels off.. not to mention inactive in certain factions (Casse and Swebos stacks literally never move)did you try it yourself in this configuration? I have 2 versions installed, one with submod compilation and one only with PiterxAI, I will play them both and see what works out better.
    Last edited by Coldfire88; January 12, 2015 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks Piter, I did install it last and in the correct order but still the CAI feels off.. not to mention inactive in certain factions (Casse and Swebos stacks literally never move)did you try it yourself in this configuration? I have 2 versions installed, one with submod compilation and one only with PiterxAI, I will play them both and see what works out better.
    hm, delete map.rwm

A quick question:

I've been playing Epeiros campaign with this submod. My infantry part of army is consisting of 7x phalangitai and 4x hypaspistai, with support from Getai archers and horse archers. but I'm thinking...recently I noticed a unit, Komatai Epilektoi (Getai elite skirmishers). I wouldn't even think of them before the javelin fix, but now...they look a bit weak individualy, one point of defense and attack less than Machiarophoroi, but there's quite a lot of them in unit and they're cheap. Should I replace two of my hypaspistai, who are quite expensive to keep in army, with these? Not sure how they'll perform in duties I need from them-flanking, keeping the flanks of phalangitai clear and city assault....

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    A quick question:

I've been playing Epeiros campaign with this submod. My infantry part of army is consisting of 7x phalangitai and 4x hypaspistai, with support from Getai archers and horse archers. but I'm thinking...recently I noticed a unit, Komatai Epilektoi (Getai elite skirmishers). I wouldn't even think of them before the javelin fix, but now...they look a bit weak individualy, one point of defense and attack less than Machiarophoroi, but there's quite a lot of them in unit and they're cheap. Should I replace two of my hypaspistai, who are quite expensive to keep in army, with these? Not sure how they'll perform in duties I need from them-flanking, keeping the flanks of phalangitai clear and city assault....
    Well why not if you have problem with the upkeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    A quick question:

Don't you find battles rather boringly easy with so many phalangites, and then packing out the elite hoplites?

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Mod Pack for EB 2.01 by b0Gia

No download link? Atleast for older versions

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Mod Pack for EB 2.01 by b0Gia

Quote Originally Posted by hank90 View Post
    No download link? Atleast for older versions
    I am preparing a new complete version soon.

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia View Post
    I am preparing a new complete version soon.
    Another eager fan here, loving your other latest version. Can't wait!
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Another eager fan here, loving your other latest version. Can't wait!
    So i think your will have great fun with the new one that i am preparing. It is going to be big, 210 mb.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Mod Pack v4 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Bogia, have you looked at the Roman watchtowers? They don't work well for the Romans, the model is way too big, bigger than the cities of other factions and just looks more like a graphical glitch, more like a lego block, than a town or village. Especially given the nature of where watchtowers are usually placed -- near borders -- the model is so big it ends up where you can't even tell which province it's in.

I suggest changing back to towers for Roman's or finding a better (and much smaller) village model.