Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v7.0 Released

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v4.1 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Quote Originally Posted by jinandjuice View Post
    I don't know if everyone else experiences this on the same level that I do, but I cannot order my troops to do anything on the field once the armies close distances. I can't issue any orders, my UI is greyed out; my army becomes an immobile block of linemen and inactive reserves. The game is unplayable now. I figure that this may have something to do with Gracul's AI and anti-spamming mechanics, but to have my army outmaneuvered while I cannot react is not acceptable for me.

Do you, by any chance, have the backup files for the BAI so that I may reroll to the vanilla BAI?
    I think you mean this:
    ReallyBadAI Hardcore Submod

ReallyBadAI Hardcore is a totally new approach to battle complexity and provides more realistic and challenging gameplay.

Current features:

- comand chain: you can't issue attack orders for 30 seconds after doing so initially, 5 seconds grace period is granted for small adjustments,

- limited deployment time: typically you have 60 seconds for deployment before battle and additional 30 seconds with larger armies,

- player can't deploy stakes during sieges.

I will make a version without this feature.
    Last edited by b0Gia de Bodemloze; February 12, 2015 at 03:02 AM.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v4.1 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

I think that's a good idea. The most irksome part for me is actually the inability to set troops where I want them during sieges. In reality, your army would have been camped there for months, if not years, so it's insane that you only get a moment to move them into positions. Doing so after hitting start battle is just tedious -- these start to break the #1 rule of gaming: challenge, don't infuriate the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    I think that's a good idea. The most irksome part for me is actually the inability to set troops where I want them during sieges. In reality, your army would have been camped there for months, if not years, so it's insane that you only get a moment to move them into positions. Doing so after hitting start battle is just tedious -- these start to break the #1 rule of gaming: challenge, don't infuriate the player.

Well i may agree but don't blame me for the submod
    Some are wanting more challenge from the game.
    So i will make a fix to be all happy.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v4.2 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

You can always remove the time limit portion of the script or give additional time but I do like the - command chain portion of this script. Dago Red is correct that the besiegers would have time to deploy so I would remove the stakes and the siege time limits.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; June 22, 2015 at 09:57 AM.

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v4.2 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Just an fyi that script still bugs out charging units; until every infantry unit on the front line 'finishes' their charge you are unable to resume command of the unit. Very buggy in a few specific situations (infantry charging after running cavalry, perma-charge never stops). So, my suggestion to wipe it too until that bug is fixed.

Besides, the challenge itself often just irritates me for GUI mistakes, rather than command or battle mistakes. A left click too quick, or a right click in the wrong direction while deploying due to visual blockades... lots of punishment for non roleplaying elements.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Agreed, the charging was my other main issue. Charging just plain doesn't work all the time in this build, it's annoying in itself when this happens but then not to be able to extract your failed horse and watch them get mired for 30 seconds is an eternity.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

With regard to the named legions is that the named legions as one might see in Roma Surrectum II? Or just simply units named based on their region of recruitment? If it is the latter given that EBII (as far as I'm aware) has no Marian reforms, how have the named Legions been implemented? Furthermore do we have non-named legionaries in game? Also have you made any thought as to also implementing konny's allied legions as you have done for the EBI version of you compilation?
    Cheers!
    isa0005
    Last edited by isa0005; February 21, 2015 at 05:36 PM.

Or just simply units named based on their region of recruitment?
    This:

Any chance of reducing the effects of the Possitive traits submod? I've played a lot of EB II without this submod, when earning a single command star was a nightmare (playing as Keltiberoi I won +25 battles using my faction heir, and just one command star, -2 when attacking). After installing the submod, playing as Koinon Hellenon, one single battle against rebels (half stack) and I earned 3 battle stars, not mentioning all my governors having maximum management. Playing on H/VH I defeated Makedonia in 25 turns...
    Another thing I found disturbing was rebel cities (even villages!!) being protected by full stacks garrisons. Also, the rebels are really aggresive, they sieged my cities in more than one occasion.
    I find the idea interesting, but I'm concerned all factions realising it's easier to attack me than the rebels. Arche Seleukeia will attack me at any moment (relations: very poor and decreasing).

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Does this include the experimental CAI changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Does this include the experimental CAI changes?
    No, you could install after my modpack the New CAI/PiterAI1.3 (artificial Intelligence)

Quote Originally Posted by abe_squall View Post
    Any chance of reducing the effects of the Possitive traits submod? I've played a lot of EB II without this submod, when earning a single command star was a nightmare (playing as Keltiberoi I won +25 battles using my faction heir, and just one command star, -2 when attacking). After installing the submod, playing as Koinon Hellenon, one single battle against rebels (half stack) and I earned 3 battle stars, not mentioning all my governors having maximum management. Playing on H/VH I defeated Makedonia in 25 turns...
    Another thing I found disturbing was rebel cities (even villages!!) being protected by full stacks garrisons. Also, the rebels are really aggresive, they sieged my cities in more than one occasion.
    I find the idea interesting, but I'm concerned all factions realising it's easier to attack me than the rebels. Arche Seleukeia will attack me at any moment (relations: very poor and decreasing).
    Well reducing the effects of possitive traits submod no, removing it as a requested fix maybe yes. Don't forget that along with this is the konnys command starts that is easy to get stars if you fight a lot of battles. About rebels, i think this is better that simple do nothing and waiting to conquer them.

Hey bogia, Will you be updating the compilation to include Quintus' new EDU with fixed phalanx? I updated my installation with that new EDU right away and forgot it would negate some of your changes -- especially the recruitable generals! I don't want to get too far invested in a campaign without those.

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Hey bogia, Will you be updating the compilation to include Quintus' new EDU with fixed phalanx? I updated my installation with that new EDU right away and forgot it would negate some of your changes -- especially the recruitable generals! I don't want to get too far invested in a campaign without those.
    Ok, i will update today the modpack to 4.21 to include the new changes.

New record of downloads for this version:
    389 downloads in a month!
    Thanks for the support.

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v4.21 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Love the added bodyguards! Thanks!

Default Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v4.21 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

hi, I really like the submod compilation it works great, and atlast my generals are actually getting command stars. I do however have a very noob question. I downloaded "remove really badAI hardcore" and installed into eb2 folder but it didnt change the battles back, I still get grey ui after charge etc, was I meant to put it in EB2/DATA? or what exact path do I use, everything else is wonderful and works like a dream, thanks in advance for any answers.. im a real noob at this

Icon10 Re: [Submods Compilation] Europa Barbarorum Release v4.21 for EB 2.01 by b0Gia.

Nevermind I figured it out,

Quote Originally Posted by Kin Of Europe View Post
    Nevermind I figured it out,
    Glad you were able to get it working.

Me too, I'm liking the new loading screens alot aswell, has 4.21 got the most upto date QS EDU?