Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 15/ Emperor Edition BETA Live Now!

CA Developer Icon Patch 15/ Emperor Edition BETA Live Now!

Hey all!

Following last week’s big announcement that Total War: ROME II Emperor Edition will be coming soon and completely FREE to all existing owners of the game, a beta is now available that tests some of its improvements.
    Below is a summary of key changes within this beta but stay tuned to Facebook, Twitter and the official forum this week. We’ll be revealing details on the other improvements still to come in Emperor Edition and also more information on the Imperator Augustus Campaign.

Key Changes
    • Politics and civil war improvements
    • Overhauled building chains
    • Special regions
    • Campaign balancing changes
    • Land battle changes
    • Naval battle balancing changes

To get the full break down in the patch notes please click the link : http://wiki.totalwar.com/index.php?t...E_II:_Patch_15

To Update the Total War: ROME II:

1) In Steam games library, right-click “Total War: ROME II” and select “Properties”.
    2) In the Properties window, select the “BETAS” tab.
    3) Select “patch15(emperor_edition) -” from the “Select the beta you would like to opt into:” drop-down box.
    4) “Total War: ROME II” will update, and the game will be listed as “Total War: ROME II [Patch15 and Emperor Edition]” in the steam games library.

To Update Total War: ROME II – Assembly Kit BETA:

1) In Steam tools library, right-click “Total War: ROME II – Assembly Kit BETA” and select “Properties”.
    2) In the Properties window, select the “BETAS” tab.
    3) Select “patch15(emperor_edition) -” from the “Select the beta you would like to opt into:” drop-down box.
    4) “Total War: ROME II – Assembly Kit BETA” will update, and the tool will be listed as “Total War: ROME II – Assembly Kit BETA [Patch15 and Emperor Edition]” in the steam library.

Finally, if you missed it first time around, check out the exclusive announcement of Emperor Edition in Rally Point 21 below and check out our handy FAQ sheet here (http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...tion-announced)

Joey
    The formal disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

For solutions thread - http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...support-forums
    To post a technical issue - http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...-Support-Forum

Feel free to PM me at any time if you wish to discuss any issues or pass on feedback- If you are rude I will not respond.

Campidoctor

Default Re: Patch 15/ Emperor Edition BETA Live Now!

I would like to read a detailed list of the land/sea battle changes, is any available?
    The game development business is one of bottomless greed, pitiless cruelty, venal treachery, rampant competition, low politics and boundless personal ambition. New game series are rising, and others are starting their long slide into obscurity and defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I would like to read a detailed list of the land/sea battle changes, is any available?
    The balance changes for land and naval battles have been very extensive, with such an already long list of changes we didn't want to make it any longer. We've adjusted armour, shield and weapon stats, artillery accuracy, unit speeds, morale, unit stats. Hit points, entity collision sizes, effects of fatigue on units. You name it and it's likely been changed.
    Senior Designer

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

thanks joey. and jack. oh and CA.
    Last edited by von stoker; September 01, 2014 at 09:18 AM.

baptistus's Avatar Senator

I didn't think it will be today !!!! I am very surprised and very happy !
    I will take time to test it for sure

• Special regions
    what is that please ? you didn't talk about it on the rally point 21. Looks interesting

edit sorry I didn't see the patch note

Special Regions

A new thing that has been introduced are special regions.Effectively regions now have effect bundles that give them certain bonuses. Currently Roma, Carthago, Pella, Pergamon, Antioch and Baktra have these effects. Rome for example gives +2 recruitment slots in that province for owning it and +15% to all income. Carthago has a bonus to commerce income.
    modders will be very happy IMHO, because now we can create more specific regions effects ect...
    cool idea
    Last edited by baptistus; September 01, 2014 at 09:27 AM.

Nice list of changes. Lots of stuff the community has asked for. and I'm glad the coffee machine is working.

Very cool!

Modders, get your engines warmed up!

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    Very cool!

Re: Special regions -- Was that mentioned in Rally Point? Maybe I was distracted by the new civil war... What's a special region?
    read the notes

We’ll be revealing details on the other improvements still to come in Emperor Edition
    so there will be more improvements to come ?
    wow ! You are making very good job with the emperor edition !

• Coffee machine now works.

Oh, thank the Lord!

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lusted View Post
    The balance changes for land and naval battles have been very extensive, with such an already long list of changes we didn't want to make it any longer. We've adjusted armour, shield and weapon stats, artillery accuracy, unit speeds, morale, unit stats. Hit points, entity collision sizes, effects of fatigue on units. You name it and it's likely been changed.
    Thanks for replying. Maybe you would share a few general thoughts on what style of gameplay you're aiming for with the changes? (slow & tactical or fast & action packed?) I'm very curious about the direction you prefer for the series.
    Last edited by SirRobin; September 01, 2014 at 09:37 AM.
    The game development business is one of bottomless greed, pitiless cruelty, venal treachery, rampant competition, low politics and boundless personal ambition. New game series are rising, and others are starting their long slide into obscurity and defeat.

Well at least "the coffee machine now works", this is indeed great news!!!!!!!

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

I will be testing: I'll let you know my impressions
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

Didn't see this in the notes, but did he say it will be available on Mac? Does that mean they're porting the entire game?

EDIT:

Answered my own question by reading the FAQ:

What platforms will Emperor Edition be available for?
    Mac and PC via Steamplay, buy it once and play it on both platforms.

If you already own ROME II, you will be granted a Mac version of the game for free, again via Steamplay.

Last edited by Cyprian2; September 01, 2014 at 12:01 PM.

Miles

Still asking; will there ever be "modding tools" to edit and expand the map limitless?

You better hope that coffee machine works =p

Thanks

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I keep getting stuck at 41% when attempting to download the beta. It just says 'Busy Writing to Disc'.

Edit - Good things come to those who wait
    Last edited by Turkeys!; September 01, 2014 at 09:49 AM.

Nice But i see nothing about graphical improvements.

- Added Dust effects
    - Better Fire and smoke effects
    And stuff like that.

And i would expect a little more naval tweaks for final patch.

And when are you guys adding the missing PUSH Animations for Siege-engines? Im sorry but it looks stupid now and why give siege towers flaps to hide onder if its not used how it suppose to be used,.. I understand that its cut out for release because of the time it needed before the mechanic is finished but now a year after it sould be done and added every TW got MEN PUSHING SIEGE-ENGINES But not the latest TW really bad development if you ask me, And i hope it still get fixed and added because its one of the things i miss in sieges. And the bump the siege engine mechanic we got now looks stupid and dont really work.

Artillery even got push animations now siege engines too please, Its a TW game about sieges and battles so it just need to be ingame.

Building tweaks looks really nice, I hope we get more battle/siege tweaks for final patch.
    Last edited by Sir_Pee_Alot; September 01, 2014 at 09:57 AM.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

i would like to see how all these changes will effect MP, Zaript, TPP, and others get to work
    War is Hell, and I'm the Devil!

Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast