Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WARHAMMER FANTASY RC

Default Re: WARHAMMER FANTASY RC

Seems like all my Sylvanian Generals get the bad trader trait when I build markets, even if there isn't an inn in the city. I even applied the tips in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehpkA1Amwtk yet it doesn't make a difference. Strangely I can still get the good farming and "budding bureaucrat" traits. Is this a balance mechanic since Sylvania starts close to the warp stones?

In the Warhammer world the only archers that use stakes (or flaming arrows, for that matter) are Bretonnian. It's pretty much one of their only redeeming and unique features, since they're otherwise pretty terrible archers (being just peasants and not professional soldiers). I think it'd be good to show that in the mod, as long as it doesn't damage the balance too bad.

I think I'm still going to delete the dwarves whenever I play a "good" side campaign. But it is impressive RC balancing.

The other conceivable way to balance the dwarves is to drastically reduce their troop numbers through export_descr_buildings.txt

Like 0.07 replenishment rate for basic units, 0 starting troops, and working downwards from there.
    Last edited by Aigre; November 20, 2015 at 11:02 PM.

how is the balance of this sub-mod?

I'm kind of confused as to which files I'm wanting to download and use?

alright figured out which download I needed and got it all squared away, but now I just want to know in game how do I tell what tier a unit is? do I just have to kind of memorize it or is there some method to determining what tier a unit is in game

Vette's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Gigan View Post
    Seems like all my Sylvanian Generals get the bad trader trait when I build markets, even if there isn't an inn in the city. I even applied the tips in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehpkA1Amwtk yet it doesn't make a difference. Strangely I can still get the good farming and "budding bureaucrat" traits. Is this a balance mechanic since Sylvania starts close to the warp stones?
    I havent touched the traits.Yes its anoying sometimes,but realy its a question for the mod Devs.I guess you could just delete the trait as a posibility,but make backup before.

Vette's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by WhiffOfGrapeshot View Post
    In the Warhammer world the only archers that use stakes (or flaming arrows, for that matter) are Bretonnian. It's pretty much one of their only redeeming and unique features, since they're otherwise pretty terrible archers (being just peasants and not professional soldiers). I think it'd be good to show that in the mod, as long as it doesn't damage the balance too bad.
    True that.But stakes are best anty cav "weapon" very useful in siege defense,so I would like them to stay.I might be mistaken but I think Wood Elves have flaming arrows to?
    Well its easy to remove the stakes for anyone who dont like them I guess.

Vette's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Aigre View Post
    I think I'm still going to delete the dwarves whenever I play a "good" side campaign. But it is impressive RC balancing.

The other conceivable way to balance the dwarves is to drastically reduce their troop numbers through export_descr_buildings.txt

Like 0.07 replenishment rate for basic units, 0 starting troops, and working downwards from there.

Its an old problem but mostly from spawned armies they get for 1.6 I will be adjusting all spawns so I guess that should fix OP Dwarves.

Vette's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by orionox View Post
    how is the balance of this sub-mod?

Its tier based.Not classic RC,not classic tabletop,but something inbetween.Lore wise its not 100% but its close.

Quote Originally Posted by orionox View Post
    alright figured out which download I needed and got it all squared away, but now I just want to know in game how do I tell what tier a unit is? do I just have to kind of memorize it or is there some method to determining what tier a unit is in game

OOPS tbh I never tought about this,maybe because I know which is which.I will be adding tier and some other info in unit descriptions for 1.6,thx for the question.That should help people get the fealing of WFRC combat system.
    Well best way to figure the tiers is unit size by quality.I uploaded the notepad version of WFRC,there you will find Faction/race quality and unit sizes table.

I played a campaign as Reikland with more Sylvania spawn armies. I ended up deleting dwarves at turn 15. At turn 30 it's all nice and balanced with just enough pressure coming in on all fronts to keep Reikland challenging.

sounds awesome! does anyone know when 1.6 is supposed to hit?

looking at the notepad there is some overlap on unit tier and unit size, but from what I understand an average tier 4 is comparable to an inferior tier 3 which is why they have the same unit size? anyway so while playing as long as i fight 2 units that have similar max unit sizes then they will have a relatively even battle? also and this might be stupid, but when looking at you notepad, none of the units in my game have the sizes that are listed, they have sizes that are are there but not exactly the same. for example the humans have a bunch of units with size 78, 53, 58, and so on and so forth. does this mean you mod isn't installed properly for me?

looking forward to the version of this submod for 1.6

Quote Originally Posted by Dolen View Post
    looking forward to the version of this submod for 1.6
    Me too, but it must be a ton of work, I'd understand he he doesn't wanna do much of the work all over again.

Vette's Avatar Civis

Once they release 1.6 I will update the mod for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    Once they release 1.6 I will update the mod for it.
    It's even more work but imagine your mod for Beginning of the end times

Then again they may have taken your combat philosophy in consideration for their idea of balance. Either way thanks for it, halberdiers can't stand up to chosen etc as they never should've

I take it 1.6 has been already released?

Anyway, I can't now play this mod without your submod.
    If you need help, I'm eager to help you (like modifying stats).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234