Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: *SUBMOD* Positive Character Traits

Default Re: *SUBMOD* Positive Character Traits

Haha, I have two as well, one 4 and the other nearly 1. I can empathise entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Presumably remove_trait "[general's name]" Hesitant_Attacker will get rid of it? Same goes with Poor_Disciplinarian?
    Hmmm, this doesn't work, it says it doesn't recognise the trait from the database.

neutralise the effects then? maybe that will work. The traits will still appear but have no result.
    p.s Little angels eh? hard to get anything done when they wanna play though lol
    Last edited by Goth; September 07, 2014 at 03:28 AM.

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Quote Originally Posted by Goth View Post
    neutralise the effects then? maybe that will work. The traits will still appear but have no result
    That can worked. It may give lower negative effects like - 1 influence or nothing at all.

hopefully nothing at all lol

Hey,

Great mod! However, I'm not sure if it is a big big big coincidence or not, but I just got 5 FM with the same traits as in Sharp/Uncharismatic/Langorous.

I just started a new campaign now to see if it happens again, because it does seem a bit weird to me. Apart from that, my generals do get battle stars and even do well loyalty wise.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Goth View Post
    neutralise the effects then? maybe that will work. The traits will still appear but have no result.
    p.s Little angels eh? hard to get anything done when they wanna play though lol
    It's right that the traits are there. But they seem to be triggering for no reason, or the wrong reasons. It might be that they're too sensitive. Everyone gets Poor Disciplinarian for no apparent reason. Hesitant Attacker came out of the blue when the FM in question never retreated from a fight, never broke off a siege, and indeed never lost.

Hmmm, this doesn't work, it says it doesn't recognise the trait from the database.
    Actually it does. The name of the trait is BadDisciplinarian though. Poor_Disciplinarian is just the first level of the trait. In order to remove the trait, send your family member or general outside of a city, click on him and type remove_trait this BadDisciplinarian in the console. That did it for me.

Edit: in order to remove the trait causing your general to be a hesitant attacker type IndecisiveAttacker instead.
    Last edited by Guy de Yoyo; September 07, 2014 at 02:04 PM.
    Canis meus id comedit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy de Yoyo View Post
    Actually it does. The name of the trait is BadDisciplinarian though. Poor_Disciplinarian is just the first level of the trait. In order to remove the trait, send your family member or general outside of a city, click on him and type remove_trait this BadDisciplinarian in the console. That did it for me.

Edit: in order to remove the trait causing your general do be a hesitant attacker type IndecisiveAttacker instead.
    I'll give it a try, thanks.

I'll give it a try, thanks.
    It works, that was exactly it. Something hinky is going on, because literally every single one of my FMs who's been a general picked up Poor Disciplinarian, and most of them Hesistant Attacker as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    Hey. I think it's too positive with the mod. Generals loose battles and they still get rewarded with positive traits quite often. I still like it tho, since the stars allow me not to have to play every battle
    We generally learn more from our failures than from our successes.

Has there been an update to this mod within the last week or so?

Not yet mate, RL is taking over a bit at the mo and I cant get to work on it lately

Some feedback:

-Sharp/Uncharismatic/Langorous is highly probably for natural born FMs.

-Sharp/Charistmatic/Vigorous is highly probable for adopted/betrothal FMs.

- Bad Disciplinarian seems arbitrary as others have posted.

- Incidence of random "Uncomfortable Supervisor" is way down from vanilla EB

- FM traits seem far better balanced, much easier to get generals to "okay" stats, but still fairly difficult to reach high-end stats.

Thanks for all your hard work Goth, the traits in vanilla EB were pretty bad, definitely improved my game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by C_Leethal View Post
    Some feedback:

-Sharp/Uncharismatic/Langorous is highly probably for natural born FMs.

-Sharp/Charistmatic/Vigorous is highly probable for adopted/betrothal FMs.
    Indeed, these occur 90-95% of the time.

Darkan's Avatar Senator

I've used this with the previous version, does anyone know if it works with 2.01?
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

Quote Originally Posted by Darkan View Post
    I've used this with the previous version, does anyone know if it works with 2.01?
    I don't know (I don't think the EDCT wasn't on the list of changed files for 2.01), but it doesn't feel as necessary. I think they said it had been tweaked for loyalty, and while BadDisciplinarian still keeps coming up for no reason, I just remove that with the console.

Critical thing for me is that now I'm getting Coming of Age and suitors with a variety of traits again (yes a lot of the former are duffers), which wasn't happening with this submod.

Darkan's Avatar Senator

I've only played about 30 turns with Pergamon but I already have Bad Disciplinarian and Too Considerate with my FH, after at least one heroic victory. One of the devs has said they will look into this, but didn't mention when we'll have it fixed/sorted. No problem 'till then.

I've had an adopted guy, Makedon, and could see him leading my armies against the KH. If only I had the time for and AAR.
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

Fortunately, that's easy to remove with the console:

remove_trait "[FM's name]" BadDisciplinarian

Do you need to start a new campaign if you make changes in the export descr character traits file?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast