Thread: [Release] Sebidee's Pontic Roster Expansion

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Default [Release] Sebidee's Pontic Roster Expansion

Hi guys,

the mod is finally out. Get it on steam here or check out the forum thread in battle modifications here. Thank you for your support and suggestions and remember to thank Rex Imperator, Marshall of France and The Chocolate Jesus for their help!

Last edited by Sebidee; August 30, 2014 at 04:02 PM.

RexImperator's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [Release] Sebidee's Pontic Roster Expansion

Thanks to you Seb, It was my pleasure to help!

I'm off to conquer Asia Minor now!

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by RexImperator View Post
    Thanks to you Seb, It was my pleasure to help!

I'm off to conquer Asia Minor now!
    Good luck!

You will conquer Asia Minor easily

@Seb

Thanks, pleasure to help you! Np and thx for the meantion

I feel honored to be mentioned, Sebidee as the big bulk of the research was pretty much done by Marshall and Rex. I am happy I could help you with this and look forward to the next expansion...this time I will join you guys in the research though...if I find the time. Other than that I really gotta try the mod out later...I'll try to get a cultural victory with Pontos as I already completed a Pontic campaign with a military victory.
    It's gotta be a Chocolate Jesus to keep me satisfied.

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by The Chocolate Jesus View Post
    I feel honored to be mentioned, Sebidee as the big bulk of the research was pretty much done by Marshall and Rex. I am happy I could help you with this and look forward to the next expansion...this time I will join you guys in the research though...if I find the time. Other than that I really gotta try the mod out later...I'll try to get a cultural victory with Pontos as I already completed a Pontic campaign with a military victory.
    Dude you helped with testing and that's really useful. These things are a joint effort! I would change the name of the mod to Sebidee's and Rex's and Marshall's and Chocolate's Pontic Expansion but I'm too vain
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!

Again, great job, Seb! I really love the effort you put behind every unit
    And, by the way, is this going to be translated for the UPC Project, as always? I can only wait

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

Yes it is, give it time They are waiting for the full Emperor edition to come out before they make any updates.

Hello, I just thought I would give some feedback about this mod.

Cappadocian Noble Cavalry has the same armour statistic as Cappadocian Cavalry, but the Cappadocian Noble Cavalry in the game are shown as having better armoured horses: The horse armour covers the whole head and neck. This added weight from the armour would also make Noble Cappadocian Cavalry heavier and thus do more damage in a charge, but NCC actually have a lower charge rating. Perhaps make the unit have an armour level of 75 or 80 and a charge bonus of 40, but increase the price 1000 or so?

Secondly, I think that the statistics of the Apple-Bearer spearmen are a bit inaccurate given its purpose. As a spear-armed defensive unit, it should perhaps have shield-screen instead of shield-wall. "Use the whip" seems misplaced as well since it increases damage, but the Apple-Bearers are meant to hold the enemy in place, not slaughter them like a sword-unit. The addition of "Form a Square" and "Use the Whip" also seems unbalanced since the unit only costs 1060 but still has the "Encourage" passive ability - it is too cheap for all its special abilities. Lastly, I think its melee defence is too low and thus makes it inefficient as a defensive unit. Perhaps remove "Form a Square" and "Use the Whip" abilities, raise the melee defence skill to 50 and increase the price to 1100?