Thread: Family Trees

Icon1 Family Trees

Happy to see the mod finally released! Is there any way to get family trees back like an explanation of what files to change? My family tree button is missing or maybe its just part of the mod. Just a personal preference and I miss them.

Default Re: Family Trees

Some factions have family tree, some factions dont...
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Senator

You know there is thread that you should have read:
    10) My faction doesn't have a Family Button. By design. For historical reasons, the M2TW "teutonic system" is used by several EB2 factions (mostly barbarians): Aedui, Arverni, Arevaci, Boii, Lugia, Lusotannan, Pritanoi, Sweboz, and Koinon Hellenon. If you must have families, there are 19 other factions to choose from. Given the reaction to lack of families in R2TW, this will probably prove controversial - that's fine, discuss it elsewhere (NOT in this thread). And don't report it as a "bug".
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

My bad guys... Another one for you my armies have banners I want to change it so there are no banners circles etc. When I open the .cfg file all it says is ....

[video]
    widescreen=0

[game]
    allusers=1

[log]
    to=C:/Users/Machine/Desktop/Medieval II Total War/mods/EBII/logs/log.txt

Is it supposed to say more in .cfg file.... Forgive my ignorance for it is vast

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    You know there is thread that you should have read:

everything I can seem to find are people who want their banners back but I just want them gone am I in the wrong place/ wrong .cfg file?

Smeel's Avatar Semisalis

That doesn't look right, there should be a lot of other entries in your ebII.cfg. The right one should be in the mods/ebII folder.

For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things to
    (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.

im playing as sweboz and gave them a family tree, dunno if it will have any adverse effects on the game though, im at turn 140, seems fine so far. i cant remember which file i edited heh its in there somewhere lol

Battlefield's Avatar Civis

It is the descr_sm_factions file. Scroll down to the faction you want to edit and find the line called "has_family_tree." Set it to yes and you will have the family tree in campaign.
    Last edited by Battlefield; August 29, 2014 at 06:29 PM.
    Rome Total War mods
    INVASIO BARBARORVM | Roma Surrectum | Rome Total Realism
    Medieval 2 Total War mods
    Stainless Steel | Europa Barbarorum II | Broken Crescent

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Smeel View Post
    That doesn't look right, there should be a lot of other entries in your ebII.cfg. The right one should be in the mods/ebII folder.
    Yeah your right I re-installed and all is well

Quote Originally Posted by Battlefield View Post
    It is the descr_sm_factions file. Scroll down to the faction you want to edit and find the line called "has_family_tree." Set it to yes and you will have the family tree in campaign.
    You da man!!!