Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Augustus Campaign Map:

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: The Augustus Campaign Map:

Same here. I think there is way too much open space on much of the map. Hispania, Africa, Gaul and Germany. Way too much open space between cities. Greece feels too small and inconsequential. Thermon is at least needed to fill that empty space below epirius, or a town called Antium. The bosphorus empire needs more coastal greek cities instead of a large amount of grassland. Italy is done pretty well imo but I wouldnt be against more cities or small towns there too.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Same here. I think there is way too much open space on much of the map. Hispania, Africa, Gaul and Germany. Way too much open space between cities. Greece feels too small and inconsequential. Thermon is at least needed to fill that empty space below epirius, or a town called Antium. The bosphorus empire needs more coastal greek cities instead of a large amount of grassland. Italy is done pretty well imo but I wouldnt be against more cities or small towns there too.
    Way too much open space? What is it with these people. We don't want every battle to be a siege battle. We want open field battles as well.

I'd think it be better if the map was smaller, just on the roman empire and the near country. But if it is this map, we could have the mauryan empire

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    You should play EB2. Although it's still in its beta stages (but if you played rome 2 for 6 months after release then EB2 should be a pleasant experience as it is). You'll also have the nice feeling of not having to pay to become a beta tester.

The only problem with EB2 is that it isn't an arcade battle simulator as there's quite a bit of thinking and strategy involved on the campaign map so I don't know how you feel about that. Especially with the generals as you have to babysit them to make sure they don't acquire negative traits, watch out for disloyal ones and make them feel appreciated so that they can eventually lead their own army and most importantly use your faction leader, your most reliable general, to lead the way forward into enemy territory.

Lots of thinking involved.

i'm actually playing it right now in windows will i'm checking forum and surfing on my Mac. EB2 will be the best Total War experience until they give us the ability the modify the map on Rome II as well and finish the patching. I'm already on my 3rd EB2 campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    Way too much open space? What is it with these people. We don't want every battle to be a siege battle. We want open field battles as well.
    both points on valid on different parts of the map. Different areas should feel vastly different, with many large city close together in Greece, wide open steppes with few settlements of any kind to be found, and most areas somewhere in between varying across a spectrum. Then you would pick your faction influenced by which you prefer.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

It looks like Asculum replaces Neapolis place in Italy province as the fourth city.
    However of Sicily now has become it's own province then Magna Graecia would just have two cities left,
    a perfect solution would be changing the province of Neapolis to Magna Graecia
    I believe Something similar will happen to Jerusalem.

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

I have a strong suspicion that they may give Sparta a port this time round, as it has been a known issue for a while, and this new campaign map would be the perfect place to add it (while they are changing all the towns etc)!

blazerek's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Just one question:
    96 food?!?!?
    I had 120 something food in my Massagetae campaign. It's that or 190 something food. So i'm not surprised.

Default The first screen from Augustus campaign

There are few new things, for example:
    - new provinces,
    - new source,
    - Marcus Anthonius faction and army etc.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Merged a similar thread.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

In my first Campaign in Rome 2 at day 1 i had 300 Food
    Last edited by FrozenmenSS; September 01, 2014 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by texoman81 View Post
    both points on valid on different parts of the map. Different areas should feel vastly different, with many large city close together in Greece, wide open steppes with few settlements of any kind to be found, and most areas somewhere in between varying across a spectrum. Then you would pick your faction influenced by which you prefer.
    That is a good suggestion. I would like some difference as well.

Perhaps along the coasts of Hispania you would have more settlements and unwalled towns to start with. Realistic and historical. But inland you have a bit more openspace between mountain ranges. Same with Gaul and Germany. More settlements near the Rhine and major rivers. I would like at least 2 more towns for the Bosphoran Empire. Either on or near the Crimean.

And PEOPLE there is absolutely NOTHING to suggest that Neapolis was removed. The arrow cursor completely hides the area. And the developers prob did that on bloody purpose.

That is a good suggestion. I would like some difference as well.

Perhaps along the coasts of Hispania you would have more settlements and unwalled towns to start with. Realistic and historical. But inland you have a bit more openspace between mountain ranges. Same with Gaul and Germany. More settlements near the Rhine and major rivers. I would like at least 2 more towns for the Bosphoran Empire. Either on or near the Crimean.

And PEOPLE there is absolutely NOTHING to suggest that Neapolis was removed. The arrow cursor completely hides the area. And the developers prob did that on bloody purpose.

yeah in the Crimea they need to add Chersonesos. Many more cities should be added as well (Taras, Corinth, Byzantion, and Rhegion come to mind). it still seems weird to have less cities than i've been used to playing with using mods for Rome I and Medieval II
    Last edited by texoman81; September 01, 2014 at 12:15 PM. Reason: just a spelling mistake

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

In about 2 weeks we will get the official release of the Emperor Edition so just hold your horses until then. In my opinion, this release will finally get the game the level of strategy it needed and it will make it the TW game we waited for - at least in some respects.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Looking at the mini map of that preview it doesnt look like a lot of regions were added.

New Augustus campaign well maybe not so new maybe the game should had this campaign from start... Why do I think that you ask ? Well maybe because of official launch video showing death of Ceaser and suicide of Cleopatra, also more videos have Marcus Aurelius and Cleopatra in it, some loading screens with Augustus and Cleopatra, the battle of Teuton-burg forest also in reign of Augustus... but that is only my theory

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiTJ2 View Post
    Is this the new Augustus Campaign Campaign Map?

From what we can see from this image there is a new town in Rome (Asculum), but not as many as were previously in HATG. As far as I am aware, no-one has yet managed to add a new town or province onto the Grand Campaign map.

Map

Here is a close-up of the mini-map:

And here is the vanilla map:

This may not be the map though the image comes from this website, http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...tion-announced.

If this is the map, what differences can we discern?

Red is definitely Octavian
    Yellow is Lepidus
    White is obviously Mark Anthony
    Purple is Parthia
    Teal green is Armenia
    Dark Green is Cappadocia
    Light blue is Judea/Hasmonean Dynasty
    Burgundy color next to Judea is Nabatea
    Gray in Arabia is possibly the Kindah or Qidri tribe
    Blue-green under Nabatea is Ma'in
    Blue-white color between Hasmonean and Anthony territory is the Kingdom of Emesa
    The red and teal like color in Caucasia is the Kingdom of Iberia and Kingdom of Albania
    The Dark blue is either Pontus or Bosporan Kingdom not sure.
    Blue Ptolemaic Egypt
    Violet color near Octavian is Sextus Pompey
    The Orange in Armenia I think is Gordyene
    the two read regions in Anatolia is probably Commagene and Sophene
    The white-blue color in thracia is Odrysian Kingdom
    Brown under Egypt is the Aksumite Kingdom
    The blue in southern Mesopotamia is The Characene kingdom and idk if anyone can see but the fog of war territory that covers persia is the state of Elam.
    All the rest are lowly Barbarians lol.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

Dark blue would be the kingdom of Pontus which ruled over Bosporus later aswell.

To me it is Kingdom of Pontus which was client state of Rome.
    Eupator Dionysius

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

This campaign will take place in a new world where Roman power is unchallenged, so the places that got attention during the 270 bc Grand Campaign shouldn't necessarily get them now. Carthage is long gone, most of the Greeks and Celts are now conquered Roman subjects, while the Germans have begun slowly organizing themselves and wiping out the last Celtic vestiges in Central Europe. Kimmeros Bosporos is simply a minor, (long lived yes), but inconsequential Roman client state. There should still be some moderately important/powerful entities around (Germanic tribes, Dacian Tribes, Parthia, Armenia, Ptolemaic Kingdom, etc) but this campaign looks like it will focus largely on Roman vs. Roman fighting then the winner consolidating the empire. Should be a world of fun
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast