Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Augustus Campaign Map:

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: The Augustus Campaign Map:

It looks like there will be more regions, and more walled cities?
    I need to see how the land of Bactria look like.
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; September 03, 2014 at 10:09 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Indefinitely Banned

it seems Palmyra and Judea are the new provinces so far

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    And Sicilia.
    Last edited by Doge Almighty; September 03, 2014 at 10:17 AM.

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

And Sicilia.

So Jerusalem and Syracuse both have walls in mini campaigns and not in the main campaign, I think that's quantifiably stupid.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Maybe they also change the Grand Campaign to this layout?
    So the DLC is basically the Grand Campaign with a later starting date like in M2?

I can't imagine they use this layout only for the Augustus campaign and keep the Grand Campaign smaller in comparison.

I don't like the fact that the augustus map really looks like the main campaign map...

Sherm's Avatar Ordinarius

Better than the default..

Quote Originally Posted by maexim View Post
    I don't like the fact that the augustus map really looks like the main campaign map...

Well, since the augustus map goes as far North/South/East/West, it may just become the "main campaign" map, particularly since everyone who possess the game will have this map available.

It seems better, but we really don't know yet, but yeah I hope it replace the old one. (if its better)

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Caki's Avatar First Consul of Thera

Just hope it's not smaller than the GC map.
    Proud To Be Under The Patronage Of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of Thera, A New Beginning

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    So Jerusalem and Syracuse both have walls in mini campaigns and not in the main campaign, I think that's quantifiably stupid.
    Its not a mini-campaign. It is a full campaign map with a new start date. If it was half the map it would be mini.

Quote Originally Posted by Saurus View Post
    Maybe they also change the Grand Campaign to this layout?
    So the DLC is basically the Grand Campaign with a later starting date like in M2?

I can't imagine they use this layout only for the Augustus campaign and keep the Grand Campaign smaller in comparison.
    Even if they dont modders can easily (painstakingly) edit the startpos for augustus to resemble the original.
    Britain has also been changed but there should have been imo more regions to gaul and hispania.

CA also said this map is free to everyone who owns the game before it comes out. So those who want the map but purchased the game after the campaign is released will have to pay for it? That would mean its not a default map. But maybe it becomes the default after the map is downloaded? Idk.

Anyone noticed that Cilicia is gone? Syria has changed as well and streches into Anatolia. Adding new regions clearly meant removing some other.

The provinces have changed but that doesnt mean we have new regions over there. Asculum is the only confirmed new region.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Yea that don't look like a mini-campaign map to me. It looks like it has just about as much as the Campaign map, maybe more. Also, it is dumb indeed that Jerusalem has walls in this, but not in the original. This really feels more and more like RTW2 Better resold, but now with a better Campaign map.

I may find myself moving to this map.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Yea that don't look like a mini-campaign map to me. It looks like it has just about as much as the Campaign map, maybe more. Also, it is dumb indeed that Jerusalem has walls in this, but not in the original. This really feels more and more like RTW2 Better resold, but now with a better Campaign map.

I may find myself moving to this map.
    Which is essentially what I was getting at: Why play the other lesser campaign now, if Jerusalem and Syracuse don't have walls it will be wasting space in my hard drive. I am beginning to feel like the developers just had 0 vision for what this game was supposed to be like. It's a bunch of ideas strung together with very little cohesion or depth. It's certainly better after the 15 patches LOL, but still.
    Last edited by stevehoos; September 03, 2014 at 03:06 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

If it will be the new basics map, i hope they will expand it to India

If it will be the new basics map, i hope they will expand it to India
    Think of all the new terrain they have to model, But yeah I need to see how Bactria is!

Quote Originally Posted by VarrKhaitan View Post
    Think of all the new terrain they have to model, But yeah I need to see how Bactria is!
    It's just that if they do a new map, why not expanding it a little, they already take time to make new maps for Ceasar in Gaul and Hannibal at the gates...

Lugotorix's Avatar non flectis non mutant

Quote Originally Posted by stevehoos View Post
    Which is essentially what I was getting at: Why play the other lesser campaign now, if Jerusalem and Syracuse don't have walls it will be wasting space in my hard drive. I am beginning to feel like the developers just had 0 vision for what this game was supposed to be like. It's a bunch of ideas strung together with very little cohesion or depth. It's certainly better after the 15 patches LOL, but still.
    ...You're entirely missing the historical point of adding four or five new regions and re-envisioning the borders of others.
    AUTHOR OF TROY OF THE WESTERN SEA: LOVE AND CARNAGE UNDER THE RULE OF THE VANDAL KING, GENSERIC
    THE BLACK-HEARTED LORDS OF THRACE: ODRYSIAN KINGDOM AAR
    VANDALARIUS: A DARK AGES GOTHIC EMPIRE ATTILA AAR

It's just that if they do a new map, why not expanding it a little, they already take time to make new maps for Ceasar in Gaul and Hannibal at the gates...
    We dont even know how those maps were made. If all they did cut off half the map to make those two DLCs then its a lot less work than expanding the map. Maybe? Maybe its less work to expand and just add new regions. Idk. Should obviously, be less work to add more regions. I dont know.

CA should take some advice from the people on how the campaign map should appear.

If they had asked us which cities should have been capitals we would have voted for Syracuse and Jerusalem. I would of voted for more cities but thats beyond the point.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast