Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New playable faction: Armenia

Default New playable faction: Armenia

According to a gaming side, Armenia along with several non-Roman factions will become playable after the Augustus mini-campaign. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...tion-announced
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    You can tackle the campaign as various Roman and non-Roman factions, including Armenia for the first time.
    Armenia for me was the last major faction that should have been playable from the start, so I hope it is a freel c.

Default Re: New playable faction: Armenia

Yeah i noticed it also, hope there will be Numidian people also

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hibernian View Post
    According to a gaming side, Armenia along with several non-Roman factions will become playable after the Augustus mini-campaign. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...tion-announced Armenia for me was the last major faction that should have been playable from the start, so I hope it is a freel c.
    Yes of cource its free why release a free DLC "For people that got RTW II" but not the faction/factions that are with the DLC makes no sense.
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

This is good news, because i'ts due to people that have a game installed on their pc to be able to play with the elements of the game itself without paying an additional (astonishing) 15 € to use Syracuse. The more factions are unlocked for free the better, in my opinion.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Armenia, I have been waiting to have Armenia as playable from the start of the game. I hope they will give Armenia some kind of imitation legionary (Armenian Swordsmen) because they had them. And also their own heavy cav/cataphract.
    "Before you say anything, know that I have amulet against the evil speeches, dark trashing will gain you naught."

For Finnish Empire!

take it with a grain of salt. wasn't this the same site that said the family tree was included in the game.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by von stoker View Post
    take it with a grain of salt. wasn't this the same site that said the family tree was included in the game.
    Everyone has to be cool until they see what is actually in the game. Being typically super excited and saying `I can't wait!` always leads to tears later. Not that Armenia actually means much to me personally.

While I agree caution is best when it comes to these things, this particular tid bit does make sense.
    Armenia was a regional power of note in the time of Augustus, meaning its likely to turn playable in much the same way Syracuse was made playable for Hannibal at the Gates.
    A humble equine consul in service to the people of Rome.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

I've been playing Armenia with DeI for a while now

texoman81's Avatar Ducenarius

no the source this time is Jack Lusted. And it was a direct quote in english. We got the family tree info by auto translating from sites in German and French and it was usually translated as family pedigree. One definition of which is a family tree. We still don't know what changes they are making and what it really means. Oh and as far as them saying all the DLC being included it actually said "all freely available DLC" but then said that included new campaign maps and other kinds that have never been releases for free so thats why there was confusion on that point
    Last edited by texoman81; August 30, 2014 at 03:41 PM.

I hope it's true, I really look forward to playing Armenia, must be good fun

RexImperator's Avatar Biarchus

I wonder what other non-roman factions they could unlock, Bosporan Kingdom maybe?

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

The cherusci ambushed Augustus's legions under Varus in Teotoburg.
    Also adding the Cherusci would bring more germanic factions in.

AFTER 15 PATCH THIS game looks horrible, game needs a serious graphic emprovment especialy the map area when zooming out, texture is horrible

Quote Originally Posted by RexImperator View Post
    I wonder what other non-roman factions they could unlock, Bosporan Kingdom maybe?
    Cimmeria!

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

I hope as per usual these non roman factions get made playable on the GC.

Quote Originally Posted by Linke
    The cherusci ambushed Augustus's legions under Varus in Teotoburg. Also adding the Cherusci would bring more germanic factions in.
    Cherusci are also very probable. After all they are included in a historical battle and in the previews of Rome II, last year. The German factions slot feels quite empty.

If it's true, in before all the rage about what Armenian units should look like in comparison to everything else.

Wish to see Media Atropatene.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Karahanli View Post
    AFTER 15 PATCH THIS game looks horrible, game needs a serious graphic emprovment especialy the map area when zooming out, texture is horrible
    They degraded textures because fps drop. I remember when this game came out. When you use max. settings or low settings. You wasn't able to play this game because fps was around 0-5.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast