Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Citizens, Awards and Nominations

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Citizenship and Other Awards Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    Would it look petty if someone will push forward himself along with others for this award? If not, I will ask for the Man of the Hour awards for the whole team that remained in the two editions of this year, is to say

Hader
    Flinn
    Veteraan
    Iskar
    Steph
    Pikestance
    Lifthrasir

Frunk already has this awards, so maybe he would do the honor to sponsor the team; for the records, we are a team, someone did more and someone less, but we worked all together, so either we get it all together or we don't get it at all.
    I don't think I'm the best man for that job. I wasn't really active on TWC prior to 2015, so I don't have the greatest context for what led to the delay, and what led to its rectification. I was also a very late addition to and am still a very small contributor to the Modding Awards committee. If I didn't already have the award, I would not accept it for being on that committee.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

anyone else wants to take this? I can provide all the info
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Members who meet the basic qualifications for the Milestone Award (looking at last visit here, quite a few haven't/barely posted for years):
    imb39
    Squid
    AnthoniusII
    jimkatalanos
    Leonidas The Lion
    Augustus Lucifer
    Hesus de bodemloze
    Point Blank
    Siblesz
    Justinian
    the Black Prince (last post in 2007 though)
    danzig
    Armatus
    RZZZA
    Sidmen
    Shaun
    AngryTitusPullo
    therussian
    Trajan
    Azog 150
    cherryfunk (Well, 6 days short if we're very strict here.)

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Might be a good change to that award in the constitution to allow the award to be given without need for 'nomination' (since if you just meet the criteria you get it anyways, no need for a vote so not much of a nomination in the traditional sense) as well as the last post period to either be longer or something like "at least one post within 30 days of meeting all other eligibility criteria". Just a thought

Seems like a sensible change. In the meantime, I'll forward on these ones. Thanks lolI. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    Members who meet the basic qualifications for the Milestone Award (looking at last visit here, quite a few haven't/barely posted for years):
    imb39
    AngryTitusPullo
    Angry Titus Pullo is the alt account of LestaT (sp) There was something wrong with his primary account. I pretty sure there is a thread where he asked if his time as Titus and lestaT can be combined as one. He has the award already.
    As Ian posted in the last two years?

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Angry Titus Pullo is the alt account of LestaT (sp) There was something wrong with his primary account. I pretty sure there is a thread where he asked if his time as Titus and lestaT can be combined as one. He has the award already.
    As Ian posted in the last two years?
    Correct on LestaT of course, I knew they are the same person but it was 3am so I forgot to check it. Very sharp, Pike.

As for imb, joined september 2004, last post april 2016 so I'd say that more than qualifies.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I can't believe it's been over 5 years for me, I can't imagine how quickly 10 years must have gone for these guys.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Me too, this December i am here 5 years!
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

the Black Prince (last post in 2007 though)
    Really? !!

Doesn't seem possible. tbp was such an influence on the forums in his day.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Really? !!

Doesn't seem possible. tbp was such an influence on the forums in his day.
    It's an error in the search index probably stemming from the time it had to be rebuilt a few years back. Searching latest posts on his profile does say 2007, but I queried the post table directly and his latest post was on August 4th, 2013. That should hardly disqualify him for the award though, since by August 2013 he had already been a member of the site with 10,000+ posts for 10 years, and that's not counting the 2002 iteration of the site under a different name and forum database.

TBH, we over looked one aspect of the proposal. we required the posts had to made within 30 days of the "nominations." This left out some significant contributors who were active on the site for 10 years + but who have since stop positing. They are nonetheless equally entitled for the award. Perhaps instead of amending it, maybe it would be more appropriate to create a "Founders Award" for guys like tBP, imb, WBK, etc,....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AL
    It's an error in the search index probably stemming from the time it had to be rebuilt a few years back. Searching latest posts on his profile does say 2007, but I queried the post table directly and his latest post was on August 4th, 2013. That should hardly disqualify him for the award though, since by August 2013 he had already been a member of the site with 10,000+ posts for 10 years, and that's not counting the 2002 iteration of the site under a different name and forum database.
    Yeh, I'm sure I recall him coming back a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike
    "Founders Award" for guys like tBP, imb, WBK, etc,....
    Of those I think only WBK was close to being an actual founder.

tbp, was the most fervent opponent of any awards beyond citizenship.

Yeh, I'm sure I recall him coming back a couple of times.
    Of those I think only WBK was close to being an actual founder.
    tbp, was the most fervent opponent of any awards beyond citizenship.
    The term for "Founders" are not as restricted as you may think. I know to joining Society of the Founders of the City of New Orleans you do not have to be there in 1718 to qualify. In essence the range would be determine by any time period that would include the formative years of the site. What a person did or did not do would not be relevant just as the descendant of guy that picked up the trash in 1719 in New Orleans would be equally meet the requirement as the First magistrate of New Orleans.

Blog Entries

This isn't New Orleans.

If tbp (or anyone) qualifies under the same rules as everyone else that's fine. We don't shoe horn members into curial sanctioned awards, otherwise there was no point of setting qualifiers and having a vote.

This isn't New Orleans.

If tbp (or anyone) qualifies under the same rules as everyone else that's fine. We don't shoe horn members into curial sanctioned awards, otherwise there was no point of setting qualifiers and having a vote.
    It was an example (NOLA) to illustrate the point that founding doesn't literally mean the exact moment of founding. Also, I would not proposed something for a single individual unless it is beneficial for the community at large. Personally, I am fine with the awards wording as is. This is why I suggest something else in the first place.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

I will go down the list provided and dish out awards according to the current wording of the Constitution. I'll take the nomination date as being 6th March.

For reference:
    To qualify for the Milestone award, the nominee must have been a member of TWC for at least ten years, with a minimum of ten thousand posts and must have posted within the last thirty days prior to nomination.
    The four who qualify under all three criteria are Squid, Augustus Lucifer, Shaun and AnthoniusII.
    Last edited by Tango12345; March 15, 2017 at 05:49 AM.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I don't have the time to put a proper proposal together but I think Dante Von Hespburg qualifies for the Phalera award. I'm not active in the Mudpit, but from the handful of threads I follow (generally the ones I post ) he always posts interesting, clear and high-quality posts, and if the majority of his posts follow such a standard I am more convinced he has a chance of getting the award.

A couple of threads I'm on about as a starting point for anyone who agrees and has the time to put a proposal together:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?751964
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?679663
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Ybbon and Poosan for Novus perhaps? Both have served in moderation for many years, Ybbon even serving as moderation overseer in HEX. Poosan has been a member of content staff as well, definitely as a librarian and possibly also in other areas.

So that this doesn't get lost in the sands of time:

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus Lucifer View Post
    We've historically been bad at remembering this reward exists. Belisarius and Halie are two that come to mind who've contributed much to the Curia over the years but have no cumbersome scroll to carry around as a reminder of their mistake.