Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Citizens, Awards and Nominations

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Default Citizens, Awards and Nominations

This thread serves as a means for Citizens to suggest names of members that may be worth patronizing or may deserve any other award. If you see someone that you feel could deserve an award, but are either not sure of their qualifications or don't have the time to personally develop the application, use this thread to suggest them to other citizens.

In the interests of keeping this thread useful, the following guidelines are suggested to be enforced:

• When recommending someone, please include a link to the user's profile and a brief description of why you feel they are qualified. You need not be comprehensive, if you were going to be you should just present their application rather than posting here.
    • This is not a debate thread about candidates, try to limit posts to suggestions and notifications of intent to patronize/ offering a prize (not required by any means). You can comment on suggestions, but don't start arguing over them. If someone doesn't feel strongly enough about a proposed member to patronize them, that's evidence enough they aren't currently qualified. If someone does patronize them you can discuss their merits in that thread.
    • If you see a member that you are intent on patronizing / offering an award, contact them! Once they've accepted your offer you can let us know in this thread or by posting the appropriate application so that others aren't pursuing them.

If you have comments or suggestions about how this thread should operate, it's recommended to use the Townhall to voice them.

Please only post suggestions for patronisation or awards, and discussion on it. Anything else will be deleted, that's what the Townhall is for.
    Last edited by Flinn; January 25, 2022 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Added Curial banner

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Members Suggested for Patronization

Also, whenever FA:TW Dominion of Men will be released this year:
    - CountMRVHS (main DEV Team) for Opifex (Writing and research)
    - webba84 (outsource developer) for Artifex (3d moddeling and texturing)
    Last edited by Aikanár; June 10, 2015 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Bercor's mine :D

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Ishan[/B]]

Members Suggested for Patronization
    Alright, lets kick it off then.

Here are my recommendations for the rank of Artifex:
    1) Hayabusa Sushi:

Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusa Sushi
    Hi Ishan,

First of all, apologies for the late reply, but I've been distracted with my exams lately.

I would be absolutely honoured to be made an artifex here at TWC and I cannot express how grateful I am for this opportunity. If there is any process I need to go through, or anything you need me to do at all, please just let me know.

Regards,

Hayabusa Sushi
    Has an awesome overhaul mod on Total War Shogun 2.

2) Caligula Caesar:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula Caesar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishan
    No problem bro take your time. I know i did, when i wrote my application.
    Good Night!
    I may be a little while It's been fairly busy at uni this week...
    No problem mate.
    Hi Ishan,

Sorry I never got back to you. Basically, I was at university and things got busy, and I just didn't have much time or energy for modding. In fact I barely logged on to TWC for about six months... However, now that my year at uni is done and I have time on my hands, I find that I have become hooked again, and I intend to release a major update for FO fairly soonish. I'm also working for ahowl11 on his RTR Project, which promises to be interesting. Also, since I'm studying ancient history, I seem to have become a historical advisor for various people... Anyway, I'd understand it if you say no, but can I still write my application now?

Regards,
    CC
    Hey mate,

It would be my honour to be your patron. Personally besides talent and contributions i only select people whom i personally like and think are of genuine character. That's why i offered my patronage to you.

But unfortunately I'm not an Artifex\Citizen anymore so i can't patronize you currently. If you want to gain citizenship right now then i can probably arrange for a patron and talk to him to patronize you.
    And if you still want me as your patron then you would have to wait a few months.

Let me know what you feel about this and we can take it from there.

Regards
    Ishan
    Hi,

Thanks How long would a few months be? I have plenty time right now, so I'd like to get cracking sooner rather than later!

Regards,
    CC
    Most likely for 3 months but you don't have to wait for me. Just write your application and a friend of mine will patronize you.
    Great, I'll get to work Or at least I will as soon as I have fixed my computer (I'm having problems with the graphics card/driver and have discovered how lost I am without a computer!)...

Mod Leader\creator of Fortuna Orbis.

3) falcom4ever (could be Opifex worthy since he has more than 1 mod overhauls):

Mod author of Falcom mod series.

4) Another gift wrap, Splenyi:

You want more? Okie doke.

5) Aruthiel:

6) Pyrosh (personally I think he deserves an opifex):

Badge is obvious but if all his stuff is released now then opifex should be given imo.

7) Another great member, Goutlard:

8) L'aigle: Another obvious Artifex although already asked by Gunny so someone needs to remind gunny he needs to patronize him. My last Convo with him was in October 2013.

So there you go...they would've been patronized by me by now but happens i guess.

Copy pasting this from the Q&S is proving quite the chore, will have to finish it later

Needless to say, all these folks should get their badges, cuz they've sure done more than enough....
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/membe...-Destin-Faroda

Probably not ready yet but certainly on the right track. Worth keeping an eye out for.
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Darkhorse. Ashamed to say I started this a long while ago, RL got in the way and I forgot about him until now. Check him out.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I second general retreat. I've approched him in the past but he loves the bodemlozes too much

Meelis13 also shows a lot of promise. You can check out some of his reviews in the review forum.
    Last edited by Sir Adrian; October 10, 2014 at 09:12 AM.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    Darkhorse. Ashamed to say I started this a long while ago, RL got in the way and I forgot about him until now. Check him out.
    No question there, kinda thought he was a citizen already.

Quote Originally Posted by Aikanár View Post
    Lord Oda Nobunaga

I have approached him some time ago, as others have too. He does not feel ready yet. I, in contrary, think he is well deserving of citizenship for his contributions in the V&V alone. However, he just recently joined Content and I'm confident, that we're going to see some official content by him soon. So this basically is a call to whoever likes to patronize him (if nobody will do it, I will, as he knows) as well as a call to him not to forget about citizenship
    Apparently, he has accepted. I look forward to his application.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sama View Post
    No question there, kinda thought he was a citizen already.
    Does this mean you will approach him?

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Does this mean you will approach him?
    If needed. I'll ask him whether he's interested.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Hayabusa Sushi - anyone thought about him/approached him already? I don't think I know enough about him to put him forth, but most certainly worth it!
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Aikanár's Avatar no vaseline
    Blog Entries

Sadly I've not the time at hand to do that myself, so for the taking:
    elfdude for Phalera for his "Elfdude's Guide to Evolution" thread alone, plus his overall very good and informed postings done
    Chilon for Phalera, mostly for his postings in the Mudpit
    Ferrets54 for Phalera for a lot of things
    Last edited by Aikanár; January 11, 2015 at 05:24 AM.

Son of Louis Lux, brother of MaxMazi, father of Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Iskar, Neadal, Sheridan, Bercor and HigoChumbo, house of Siblesz

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

alhoon for Civitate. Years creating threads and participating with intelligence and politeness in the D&D

lortano Creating content. Sadly he has been absent part of last year, but he is back.

His signature:

Sauron's Miseries: My tale of heroism, glory and of utter failures that ruin the Dark Lord's plans:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=542268
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Fail: A story of true friendship, a quest to destroy a dragon, and references all around! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=584031
    And see where it all began in: Three Jewels, One Valar. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=555203

EireEmerald The TWC Art Gallery
    Last edited by mishkin; January 20, 2015 at 02:26 PM.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Incomitatus has gone a great guide for TATW which I think is enough for Citzenshi in of itself, although he might have done some more stuff I am unaware of.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Just to support both lortano and Incomitatus. I know them well and they are indeed very interesting candidates.

Incomitatus hasn't been very active recently anyway (some sort of health issue IIRC), but his guide is great and if my memory serves me well, he should have done some other giude for Vanilla M2TW. On the other hand, lortano's works are some of the most funny things I ever read in my life
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Citizen

Blog Entries

Is it perhaps time you looked at creating a new generation of Flinns?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shankbot de Bodemloze View Post
    Is it perhaps time you looked at creating a new generation of Flinns?
    lol well thanks for the possibility, but ATM I'm busy with creating a new generation of RL Flinns I won't be very active in the next weeks (or months who knows?), then if anybody wants, please feel free to approach those guys.

on the other hand, what about Raradir? Does anybody knows him better? He is a long term member, and can present some interesting contributions (the scriptorium medallion and most important the artist badge and the artist stuff he did)
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

This guy. Been running his own mod since Jan 2013 with a lot of up updates and new versions. Very few posts, almost all in his own mod thread. Pleasant enough character. Should be a fairly straight forward proposal and a simple yes.
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; March 13, 2015 at 03:48 AM.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

I know nothing about the "TW gaming forums", but I can not believe this user is not a Citizen.
    - Gaming Staff Tribune
    - Gaming Staff Chess Piece (Emerald Award)

Developer: Das Heilige Römische Reich
    Developer: Eras Total Conquest
    Developer: War of the West
    Clan Overseers
    Clan: World of Tanks
    Clan: League of Legends
    Clan: Battlefield 3 (PC)
    Clan: Mount & Blade Napoleonic Wars
    Clan: R2TW

And a very friendly and mature guy as far as I know.

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I'd recommend Joar and Gaiten from the Invasio Barbarorum forums if they haven't been patronized before. They've been running IB for years along with Julianus Heraclius and are looking to release IBFD 8 and Restituror Orbis some time this year or the next.

They also announced IB III for Attila but that's a back-burner project until they get the RTW:BI mods finished, and that's also if Attila is worth modding (not going to start a controversy over recent events though here).

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Quote Originally Posted by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius View Post
    I'd recommend Joar and Gaiten from the Invasio Barbarorum forums if they haven't been patronized before. They've been running IB for years along with Julianus Heraclius and are looking to release IBFD 8 and Restituror Orbis some time this year or the next.

They also announced IB III for Attila but that's a back-burner project until they get the RTW:BI mods finished, and that's also if Attila is worth modding (not going to start a controversy over recent events though here).

I certainly second this suggestion; these two members have contributed some of the best work and much of their time to TW, I'd say they're deserving.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast