Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Citizens, Awards and Nominations

Default Re: Citizens, Awards and Nominations

I qualify twice over. I demand to be a double patrician!

I'll take your extra one

Hmm. I'll give it to you for ten rep points.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

I've heard pretty good things about Shoebopp from non-citizens that I trust to be on the level but obviously cannot patronize. I know jack about modding and the interactions that go on in the modding fora but apparently he's very helpful and an overall quality guy and would make a good candidate for citizenship.

I won't patronize him because I could not write an honest application and I have no idea what goes on in there (I wouldn't want to dangle the carrot to someone I don't know just to have him fail because I misjudged), but if anyone is familiar with the mod forums and wants to pick him up, consider this a freebee.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Dismounted Feudal Knight's Avatar my horse for a unicode
    Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I can work with this if I get a sample of the kinds of posts I can present that reflect his general attitude. I'll probably get to it myself at some point, but I'll need to get at least one ongoing offer into a thread before I pull out another carrot.

Edit: what the hell, I took a look and sent a message anyway. In the meantime, this thread should be a gold mine of around three people who look like they've done at least a bronze legio's worth of effort. Needless to say I've sent enough messages and put enough on my plate that I'll only get to it promptly if whim takes over.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; August 24, 2022 at 02:20 PM. Reason: binned my own excuse
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?
    Spoiler for wait what dragons?

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I've been collecting names of citizen candidates, including people I got a few messages through but no farther who I'll return to with a more proactive approach to keep momentum and get a thread started for them. I'm wondering if anyone has names to add for prospective citizens or even awards in general, and this extends to an invitation for DMs or messages in the CCT if replying here isn't ideal or possible. Might as well go ahead and give the Curia its yearly picker upper. I'd mainly solicit people with fair activity reaching into 2023, those who are still kicking in this age. I'm willing to front a little research into each suggestion and write threads where appropriate.
    With great power, comes great chonky dragons to feed enemies of the state. --Targaryens?

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

A few names of potential candidates for citizenship, received by PM

Anyone who's interested, please feel free to check the opportunity and in case get in contact with them.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    A few names of potential candidates for citizenship, received by PM
    Anyone who's interested, please feel free to check the opportunity and in case get in contact with them.

I have already contacted EireEmerald

Content Director Citizen

Blog Entries

I have a hitlist of potential citizens which I should probably be bugged to bring up at some point early in the new year, because I've been dreadfully behind following up with them.

From the list I've already said hello to, these include Antiokhos Euergetes, Belovèse, and Shoebopp. Bitterhowl also makes for a potential artifex for his efforts in Med 2 campaign AI modding.

From a list I have not reached out to yet, includes Werety (shoo in for artifex), Callistonian, j.a.luna, Elendil 03, Macaras, realm56, and Metal.Pigeon if activity picks up.

Haven't seen much regarding isa0005, Pinarius, StarDreamer or AqD listed from above.

Hard to get adjacent users who more than deserve voting rights/citizenship include makanyane, Araval, and heck, we may as well make mishkin a patrician directly for his spice.

It's probably too late to get any of these this year but lets put them on the target list for next year, ya?

I've also got a couple opifexes in mind particularly Jurand and vlad, plus a couple links saved from deep in modding sections for other awards.

Anyone is free to steal suggestions and take point if they like, you know my timing can be quite whimsical and I've mainly worked on other things so far.
    Last edited by Dismounted Feudal Knight; January 08, 2024 at 04:19 PM. Reason: + flad & clarified opifex thing

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112