Thread: BGRII OR BGRIV WITH SS6.4?

Green Warrior's Avatar Libertus

Default BGRII OR BGRIV WITH SS6.4?

Question for SS lovers: do you prefer to play SS6.4 with BGR2 or BGR4? I would like to play with BGR4 but it seems so complicated and daunting. I have a limited amount of time to devote to Total War and feel reluctant to climb the steep learning curve (and start 6 or 7 campaigns just to make that learning curve climb) rquired to get comfortable with the nuances and mechanics of BGR4.

For now I use only BGR2.

What do others think? Am I being foolish?
    THE GREEN WARRIOR

Default Re: BGRII OR BGRIV WITH SS6.4?

I know the feeling (starting multiple campaigns because I felt I missed on too many things), but I advise you to try BGR4 AND keep on with your one campaign, learning along the way will be interesting, and in the long term you will have more chances to enjoy the mod in its full.

It can be frustrating because it's easy to have a campaign lost early, but when it clicks there's so much more to do and think about.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I use BGR II. It's a good balance between extreme realism and fun.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Basically I agree with Butan.
    When I played regular SS6.4 (not anymore because of modding ), I used to take BGR4 and even to use it with Gracul AI for more challenging campaigns. Yes, it is a bit more "sophisticated" or "complicated" than BGR2 but it offers so many good things for immersion and challenge.
    However, the final choice is up to you, depending on your tastes.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Do not be foolish, use BGR IV.

I dont use. it sounds too much for my little head. but maybe i'll read more and try to use it... not sure, sounds like so much of a change, SS is already so good.

~~ small bump ~~ i've been trying to red the guide for BGR IV, but i would like some advices.
    It changes a lot, how hard would that make the game, that is already quite nice?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Makes it very difficult but also incredibly rewarding from the small bit I played of it.