Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Default Re: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Taksashila often dies to rebels it seems, and having looked at some of the scripting, it occurs to me that there doesn't seem to be an AI version of the Taksashila rebellion, like there is for Baktria. Isn't it quite possible they get wiped so often because they keep losing their war with the mauryan empire?
    If that's the case, maybe they should have the same privilege as AI Baktria - That is, starting independant from their overlord.

Turn 153 (yes, I haven't expanded at all since the last one):

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Any idea why you'r map and mine are so vastly different. All the rebel regions are gone in mine and its only turn 100.

I think he plays on Medium difficulty. I personally prefer Hard.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

I'm on VH.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Any idea why you'r map and mine are so vastly different. All the rebel regions are gone in mine and its only turn 100.
    I play on M/M and I help the Eleutheroi (occasionally money, more regularly spawning troops in their garrisons and beefing up rebel stacks with create_unit).

130 turns, Bosporus H/M

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TW.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	154.1 KB 
ID:	313374

Pretty wild game, Makedonia is a beast, Sweboz are crazy and the Sauromatae are treacherous bastards.

Absolutely loving this campaign so far

Edit: 50 turns later. Sweboz are in Iberia now, KH is besieging Alexandria and Maks are pushing into AS territory.
    As I said, a pretty wild game :p

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TW1.jpeg 
Views:	75 
Size:	158.9 KB 
ID:	313377
    Last edited by malibu.stacey; September 05, 2014 at 09:06 AM.

turn 400 a first ? (wasn't playing anymore past turn 200 because corruption corrupted my dreams of an empire)

the AI can be ruthless sometimes:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

@anonimo27
    good feedback.
    Today

tell me if you want me to continue the campaign or not
    and if you want should i put corruption at 1.6 to see the diferences ?
    theres less and less stacks on the campaign

Quote Originally Posted by anonimo272 View Post
    tell me if you want me to continue the campaign or not
    and if you want should i put corruption at 1.6 to see the diferences ?
    theres less and less stacks on the campaign
    go for it.

Damn that was some quick expansion from Sweboz in just 70 turns!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    im pretty sure he is using 500 movement points though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    it seemed to me like ww2
    first germans(sweboz) attack poland (lugiones) with urrs(bosporans) then the germans went on the urrs and now to finalize they are reaching their limits they only have like 3 stacks and i think they are loaded with corruption
    perhaps it's time for mother russia to teach them a lesson (this time represented by saka) with the help of the allies (pritanoi)

but seriously my bet is on the romans, the arevaci problably will resume their war with the sweboz and then the romans eat the arevaci
    when time comes the seleukids will go down they are a good steady empire but i doubt they can face very agressive nation such as the arevaci, sweboz or even the romans

Quote Originally Posted by anonimo272 View Post
    it seemed to me like ww2
    yeah history likes to repeat itself
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Turn 178 and I've finally restored the Areuakoi:

However, the Romans are losing in Sicily, I may need to jaunt over there and help them drive out the Karthadastim. I've got four settlements, having taken Sardim. Makedon has exploded, getting the better of Pergamon.

No one is dead yet, though the Bosporans are certainly attempting it through incompetence. Looks like I'll be at war with the Aruernoi soon...

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    im pretty sure he is using 500 movement points though.
    forgot to add that
    btw H/M v2

500 mps its like 4 times vanilla EB2 walking speed for reference

BOII M/VH v.2CAI Moros faster battles

Turn 30-100

Waiting to see if anyone would attack.

Turn 100-200

I was getting ready for a Getai or Romani invasion instead i got a Sweboz Luogiones double invasion. War bursts out at around turn 95 and soon after most factions are at war.
    I trade Asanka(Kotinon) for a Getai alliance and Klepidava(Alazonea) for Sauromatae alliance.
    Koinon Hellenon eliminated, me too almost. Saka Rauka is a horde

WAR: SWEBOZ, LUOGIONES
    ALLIANCE: GETAI, SAUROMATAE

Turn 200-250

I take advantage of the Aduei-Aruernoi war and make an alliance with Aruernoi by gifting Luppae(Duron). I also gift other northern provinces as buffer states against the forest tribes.
    My plan is to take gaul.

Baktria and Hayasdan eliminated.

Pokr Haik, the Tribali and Han-Hagar have survived so far

WAR: SWEBOZ, ADUEI
    ALLIANCE: GETAI, SAUROMATAE, ARUERNOI

The 40 year punic war and still going strong.

Turn 214, Hard Campaigns Medium Battles, Pergamon. V2 AI, v2 Moros faster battles. (no changes to corruption or anything)

Operation Sea Lion (Pritanoi defended against a Sweboz stack and a Arveni stack, but now the Aedui managed to capture their cities)

Me and my ally Koinon Hellenon (which now has a full stack sieging Tarentum and im still deciding whether i should help them or not)

Dead factions: Makedonia. (Solely because of me the player, by turn 90 or so, they were completely owning KH and Epeiros, so i spent most of my early game in war with them and defending the other greeks and then killed them, they gave me quite a hard fight)

Arueakoi. (Lusotannan captured all of their regions in Iberia, and Arveni killed them off in southern gaul by turn 150 or so, Arveni had 4 stacks around their city which had 1 full stack and 2 other full stacks by it, eventually Arveni won that fight and destroyed them)

Lusotannan (By turn 150 Lusotannan had almost all of the cities in Iberia but 2 of Carthage, but after Carthage lost Sicily for the romans, it started giving priority to spain, so by turn 210 their massive counter attack had already been succesful and now all of Iberia is under Carthage's control.

Other stuff:

Lugiones is too damn strong, they completely blitzed Sauromatae.

Arche Seleukeia and Ptolemaioi had a phoney war for 200 turns in Palestine and Syria, only now by turn 206 AS captured 1 Ptolemaioi city in there. (Ptolemaioi lost their cities in south Anatolia to AS at the start of the game though).

Taksashila had their capital rebel, luckily for them they had captured another city. but since then they have been doing absolutely nothing.

Pahlava was defeated by AS in a war and now only has 1 territory.

Boii was defeated in a war by Aedui and is now their Client Kingdom.

Romani has a strong army and managed to completely pwn Carthage in Sicily, and they attempted many times to invade Greece by sea invasions, landing full stacks in there and even capturing KH cities, but i defeated them in all of their attempts. Now they had 1 city in northern Italy rebel just this turn, but im sure they will cap it back. (same thing happened like, 30 turns ago). Main problem from them is the fact that they are not going to war, not even trying to, with Arveni or Aedui.

Nabata has 7 full stacks, but ever since they captured that city south of them at the start of the game, they havent done a thing. They got into a war against Saba, but nothing happened, then got into a war with Ptolemaioi, and nothing happened as well.

Saba has expanded really nice and "enough" for them IMO

Massylia is a client Kingdom of Carthage after losing their main territories.

Aedui and Arveni have expanded quite nice and are doing their jobs. They were the most fast factions to cap all the rebel cities around, and each has been succesful in their wars against other factions (Aedui against Boii and Arveni against Arueakoi)

Baktria and Saka Rauka are at war and Baktria is winning.

Sweboz hasnt done much, lost their capital to Lugiones and are sitting tight ever since.

Pontus expanded well against the initial rebel settlements, captured Galatia before me and had 4 cities and were my allies, but then they decided to walk all the way through my territory to invaded KH ephesus, i assisted my allies and captured all but 1 of Pontic cities. (did that cause i wanna do the attalid reform as well).

Bosphorus lost the Crimea to me as Pergamon, though they had captured that city in the caucasus early in the game and have 2 full stacks protecting it.

Hayasdan took 100 turns to start expanding, but since then they got back on track and have captured most of the rebels around them, and also captured a Sauromatae city. (they got quite down south before Lugiones invaded).

Boii tried to expand but lost a war to Aedui and are sitting tight.

Getai expanded against the rebels and took a Bosphorus city at the west coast of the Black Sea. They also went to war with Epeiros for "Segesta"

Epeiros started horribly against Makedon and lost their 2 starting cities, as well as Taras to the Romans. Now they got 2 cities north of Makedon that they took from them while i was defeating their armies near Athens and Pella. Epeiros attempted to invade Sicily while the romans and the carthaginians were still fighting in there, and they lost a full stack.

KH also started horribly, lost Rhodes and Sparta to the macedonians, i took the first and gave Sparta back, but then Athens fell to the macedonians as well, so i had to take it and give it back too. Ephesus was also a gift from me. After the macedonians had died, KH went to war with Epeiros and captured Illyria (which they eventually lost to a roman sea invasion and i capped it for me) and Ambrakia (which is still theirs).

0.5 corruption
    500mps
    H/M

i started this campaign with normal corruption and then i put it at 0.5,here are the results some turns later

la grande armée

la grande armée en route
    Last edited by anonimo272; September 07, 2014 at 12:37 PM.