Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Default Re: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    what number did you increase unit points to ? ta
    you can see the full results of the 8 tests i did in the movement points thread i made

Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post
    Britanoi
    Very Hard/Medium
    Using the latest AI update
    Turn 50

Same campaign
    Turn 100
    Notes: Pergamon was destroyed at turn 59

Same campaign
    Turn 100

Is the Numidian horde actually doing anything?

Hayasdan game, H/M, with the AI patches.

And a zoom on the small provinces and hard to see arvernoi :

Taksashila died to rebels again. KH is kickin' butts and taking names, Ptolemies fell apart in Anatolia

turn number?
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Oh I forgot. Turn 50. Wish I was at 25 posts yet.

Good development in that one. Besides.. you know, taksashila.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

lol where are taxasans? did they got rebeled out?

KH winning over Makedon, thats rare.

Yes, it got rebelled out. That's twice in 2 games I've posted updates on in here. I'm starting to think it might be their own stacks rebelling, and not just normal rebel stacks. AI has a tendency to leave all kinds of stacks lying around, and treason seems quite common in this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    lol where are taxasans? did they got rebeled out?
    yep sometimes they get snuffed early and sometimes KH get it too , the greek war usually has a loser atm,

Sorry, wrong thread. I should have posted it in the CAI one. Apologies.
    Last edited by AntigonosDoson; September 01, 2014 at 05:41 PM.

Campaign v2
    Campaign VH/M
    Turn 102
    I am playing as Saba.

- Here are some screenshots of the map and stack situations on some regions. I still think that AI is kinda passive when it comes to situation that they can easily take rebel/enemy settlement, when they have larger army, but they are still afraid. Example is the faction Habanat (or whatever the arabian faction is called), they have diplomat in my northest city attempting to bribe for like 30 turns... At one time they even got close with full stack of army, I had like 6 units in the garrison, so when they came close, I build another 4 units and they dissapeard (tho they would still win the fight). And diplomat came again trying to bribe. Its seems obvious they want the settlement really bad, but they are afraid to attack it. Even if they have like 5 stacks in their territory, and I have only like 1,5 in the whole faction. So if they would want, they can destroy my faction pretty easily.

- Another thing is that borders between Selucids and Ptolemaoi havent change at all.

- Does anyone know how to convert from Eastern Tribal to Eastern Imperial? I am getting more Eastern Imperial culture, but it is not still my main faction culture

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Funeh; September 02, 2014 at 06:16 AM.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Britanoi
    Very Hard/Medium
    Using the latest AI update
    Turn 50

Same campaign
    Turn 100

Same campaign
    Turn 150
    Notes: Makedonia was destroyed at turn 114.

Epiros is down to two provinces(one being besieged by rome) so I guess they will go down soon. Though they are in an alliance with Getai who is also at war with Rome.
    Rome is also at war with Garthage and has one full stack in Africa.
    Koinon Hellenon was in a loong "declare war/declare peace" cycle with ptolemaioi(around turn 60-140) but are now their vassals.

Quote Originally Posted by imareaver View Post
    Is the Numidian horde actually doing anything?
    They were standing in the desert with half a dozen halfstacks for a few years, then declared war on Garthage, took one province and after couple of turns became Garthagos vassal.
    Last edited by Poppis; September 02, 2014 at 07:15 AM.

Arche campaing, 247BC. 1st CAI mod, better traits mod and graphics mod. VH/H

I try to not start wars unnecesarily. And i have to say, apart from the random attack by KH.

What to say? A mixed bag so far, some things are pretty awesome. For example, i see SABA all of the sudden block my Harmozeian port and move an army there, but they didn't decide to attack even tho it was poorly manned, and have been sitting there for a few years. So something awesome turned into something meh.

The see invasions are much better than in RTW. As you see Corsica has fallen to the romans, and just now the Ptolemies attacked Rhodos with 2 Full stacks! They really want that island i guess, and it looks it will fall soon.

The greates powder keg is Nicomedya tho. Macedonians, Pergamon and Pontus have been trying to take the town with massive armies; Macedonia declared war on Pergamon, my allies, and on the same time allied with Ptolemies. Seemed like a great idea to declare war to macedonia myself, even tho i share no border with them. You know, moral support and all

The parhians expended via see. I have to say i allied with Pergamon and Baktria really quick, and even tho they are massing armies i haven't been attacked basically by anyone in the entire campaign.

Really interesting campaign all around tho.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Rome taking Sicilia, Illyria and landing stack in Africa, that is what I always wished!! I hope it is not only in your campaign. Also Carthagignian expansion in Iberia looks promising

funeh
    if you face the nabateans and win to save the story tell me how i am on the same situation
    but i covered them with gifts and now despite they hating my guts at the beginning we are now allies, what money cant do ?

ps:500mv, H/M, doubled the rebels stacks at the beginning and boubled recruitment and upkeep costs, V2 AI
    Last edited by anonimo272; September 02, 2014 at 09:19 AM.

Nabateans just declared war on me and took my city Dedan... They are marching towards my capital, but I had a decisive victory on the open desert with my army.. still.. they got like 4 stacks and I have only 1.. But if I will manage to fight them one by one I can win this...

my strategy if they backstab me is gold reserves, i plan to let 100k on reserves just for them it should be enought for 2-3 stacks and with that i think i can handle them
    but anyway it's not a welcome chalenge they shouldn't have that many stacks...

Quick update... Seems like the heirs of Ptolemy do care about europe in EBII... Next turn KH became client states of the Ptolemaic Empire. At the same time the Romani blocked their ports. An invasion coming? :O