Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    I dont know, I thought Rome was one of the biggest empire in world, they had best infantry and technology...
    No.

My campaign so far. I'm using version 2 of the new campaign AI. I'm playing as Pergamon.

Currently at war with Makedonia and Sauromatae.

playtesting not playing, i am not that weak lol

LOL nice sweboz invasion of britain.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

wow nice! swueboz in england, ... Boii still surviving hehe..
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

boii are not surviving
    they rule with 5-6 stacks
    but they are still vassals of rome

That Seleukid lol

Senator

Wow rome expanding that much?
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

i increased the movement points
    so it's not a typical EB game
    the seleukids and the romans got 30 stacks (according to the factions summary)

Id like to see rome to take over north africa
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Quote Originally Posted by anonimo272 View Post
    i increased the movement points
    so it's not a typical EB game
    the seleukids and the romans got 30 stacks (according to the factions summary)
    what number did you increase unit points to ? ta

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    please keep going , that 'party' by pergamon could be an invasion force gathering i have seen them start like that.
    My apologies, I was away for the weekend.

The second version of AI has been installed. The effect seemed instantaneous on diplomacy. Within 5 turns, the romans were attacking Carthage, The prophesized attack from/to Pergamon happened (with Seleukia, did not end well for Pergamon), and ptolemies were at war with Seleukia again.
    It did not end there either, conflicts continued to erupt. Hot spots are Crimea, Greece and Southwest Gaul. The Sauromatae lost Olbia and later Chersonesos to KH by rebellion, and the getai want a peace of that, so there's a 3-way war going on there (while Bospo is staring with 3 full-stacks.
    The 3 greek factions and Rome (!) are now at war with one another, presumably over Greece. Rome's invasion was a failure, and it seems to now focus elsewhere (Arvernoi, to be precise), and Epirus seems distracted as it's picking a fight with the ptolemies.
    In Gaul, the Arevakoi woke up and pushed the Lusotannan back, then repelled a roman invasion, And will probably repel an arvernoi invasion considering the romans are invading those.
    For those wondering, yes the romans are going a little berserk. They successively launched invasions against Carthage, Greece (mostly Makedonia), Arevakoi, Arvernoi, and never bothered to go to peace before engaging the next foe, so they're still at war with all these.
    Here's how the world looks on turn 100 :

And in the oddities section :

Is it somehow possible that some Eleutheroi settlements are actually producing troops? Because Bogidunon and Ubioidunon sure look like they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpelicity View Post
    My apologies, I was away for the weekend.

The second version of AI has been installed. The effect seemed instantaneous on diplomacy. Within 5 turns, the romans were attacking Carthage, The prophesized attack from/to Pergamon happened (with Seleukia, did not end well for Pergamon), and ptolemies were at war with Seleukia again.
    It did not end there either, conflicts continued to erupt. Hot spots are Crimea, Greece and Southwest Gaul. The Sauromatae lost Olbia and later Chersonesos to KH by rebellion, and the getai want a peace of that, so there's a 3-way war going on there (while Bospo is staring with 3 full-stacks.
    The 3 greek factions and Rome (!) are now at war with one another, presumably over Greece. Rome's invasion was a failure, and it seems to now focus elsewhere (Arvernoi, to be precise), and Epirus seems distracted as it's picking a fight with the ptolemies.
    In Gaul, the Arevakoi woke up and pushed the Lusotannan back, then repelled a roman invasion, And will probably repel an arvernoi invasion considering the romans are invading those.
    For those wondering, yes the romans are going a little berserk. They successively launched invasions against Carthage, Greece (mostly Makedonia), Arevakoi, Arvernoi, and never bothered to go to peace before engaging the next foe, so they're still at war with all these.
    Here's how the world looks on turn 100 :

And in the oddities section :

Is it somehow possible that some Eleutheroi settlements are actually producing troops? Because Bogidunon and Ubioidunon sure look like they did.
    yes they are producing troops.

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    yes they are producing troops.
    And is that a wanted feature, or an accident? It feels weird to me, but that might partially be because they never did in the first mod. It's not like it's inconceivable that those tribes could be growing.

Campidoctor

Makes sense to me. They're meant to represent individual regional factions in their own right, why not act like it?

I gave the Eleutheroi a load of money earlier in my game, and they recruited in certain places. There's full stacks where there didn't used to be because of that. Anything that slows the game down by making them more of a challenge for the other AI factions is a good thing, as far as I'm concerned, and a definite improvement on EB1 where they didn't tend to do anything but spawn pirates if deluged with cash.

Campidoctor

Apparently they are recruiting even without monetary interference from player.

Here's 100 turns of my Epeiros-as-Massalia game (just recently took Tolosa):

Again it seems to be the smaller factions who are doing well.

Britanoi
    Very Hard/Medium
    Using the latest AI update
    Turn 50

Playing as Baktria,111th turn, VH/M
    Using second AI update.

It is great to see Ptolemy and Seleucid fighting over hegemony over Anatolia and Coele-Syria.

As a loyal Satrap of Seleucid , I'm basically bankrolling war in Syria, using wealth from India and Bactria.