Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Default Re: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    I think you should make Pergamon more agressive towards the Egyptians. In my few cmapigns I've had they've been allied and made a client state. Then they build up a big army but have have nowhere to expand.
    i have seen them eventualy build up an invasion force of 10 stacks and go at ptolmie ..breaking alliance and all big time.

Antigenes's Avatar Biarchus

Progression! I'm going to use CanOmer's map because it's more fun to play with in an image editor. H/M Makedonia, 242 BC. CAI improvement fix installed, but only managed to get it around 255 BC or so.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Pritanoi: Slooooow. For perspective, they only just got Alauna and Wrikonon in the last five years. On the bright side, they do have an army in northern Gaul doing absolutely nothing.

Aeduoi: Not quite as awesome as their southern rivals, but picking up steam. They're beating the Sweboz to the punch for those Rhenish cities.

Aruernoi: The Terror of the West. Nobody wants to fight these guys. They vultured northern Italy from Rome because the Romans couldn't get past Segesta and Felsina due to constant rebellions. In the late 250s, they took turns beating the living crap out of the Romans in tandem with Qarthadast. Rome got forced into a protectorate somewhere around 248. Now they're building up their army again, cleaning Eleutheroi out of their border regions, and conducting a humongous cold war with their Semitic rivals.

Lusotannan: Meh. Lost the race for Qarthadast's colonies. Been sitting on their butts ever since.

Areuakoi: Won that race in the 260s and immediately peaced out. For whatever reason, didn't contest the Aruernoi for Emporiton.

Sweboz: Captured all of their territory by 260 and sat there getting rich and indolent until I installed the CAI fix. Then they immediately launched all their armies in all directions and got slaughtered by Eleutheroi garrisons. The Lugioi picked up the pieces. Currently trying to beat the Aeduoi to the punch for the cities in that Eleutheroi buffer zone between them, and failing.

Boioi: Almost completely useless. The CAI fix did nothing for them.

Romani: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Qarthadast: Losing Iberia really helped them. They suddenly shifted into high gear on Sicily and swarmed over the whole island while the Romans were making heavy weather of Epeiros and the Felsina Boioi. Once Epeiros was dead, it was open season on Rome, and they crushed it in a pretty devastating five-year war that ended only when the Aruernoi protectorate-ized the last two remaining Roman cities. Managed to beat up the Numidians, too, somehow.

Massylim: At one point in the mid-260s they had three African settlements - Thugga, Kirtan, and Garama - and looked to be poised to take down Qarthadast. Numidian armies were regularly raiding and captured several Punic PSF towns. Then the Numidian military evaporated and the Qarthies rolled over them. Now they're a protectorate, stuck on their little reservation out there.

Lugioi: Did nothing whatsoever until the CAI fix was installed. Then they made quick work of the nearby Eleutheroi territories - weakened by unsuccessful Sweboz attacks. Now they're fighting...uh...the Saurometai? Yeah, okay, whatever.

Getai: Also did nothing until the CAI fix. Took Sarmizegethusa in 253. Histria required more effort, namely several unsuccessful sieges by Pergamene (!) and Pontic (!!!) armies, before the Getai moved in and vultured it.

Epeiros: User is still in shock from elephant battle. Please try again later.

Makedonia: I've been having more fun fooling around with colonization mechanics than fighting wars. Those machairophoroi reforms look pretty sweet, too...

Pergamon: My semi-useful buffer state against Pontos. I say "semi" useful because they do block Pontos from having a border with me and we are allied, but they have a bizarre habit of sending captain-led halfstacks into Thraike where they wander around for a few years and rebel, leaving me to pick up the pieces. I guess they don't have much to do now that Histria is in Getic hands. Did not take Nikaia until the CAI fix.

Koinon Hellenon: Peaced out almost immediately after I ran them out of Greece. Got into a long war with the Ptolies for Karia that's turned static lately. Got into a war with the Qarthies in the 240s that ended up with the KH losing Krete. (It's about to revolt, though, and I'm ready to snag it once it does.) Sinope revolted from the Saurometai so they've got that, too.

Kimmerios Bosporos: Quiescent until the CAI patch, then steamrolled four Eleutheroi towns in quick succession. I have no idea why they went beelining northwest like migrating birds, but they did. Now they're in a slap-fight with the Saurometai while one army keeps trying to take Olbia and failing miserably.

Pontos: Hates me, apparently. Ran out of room to expand very quickly, but is still at peace with every one of its neighbors because why not? Has a few random stacks floating around Histria and Olbia because of course it does.

Saurometai: Meh. They're doing what they usually do.

Hayasdan: Did absolutely nothing until the patch to a rather alarming degree: they didn't even move their armies from around their capital. Kabalaka revolted from the Pahlava in the 260s (!). After the CAI fix, they belatedly made a rush for Ani (251) and Mtskheta (244).

Seleukeia: Still limping along. Tarsos and Hekatompylos revolted very early, Syrinx and Antiocheia-Margiane followed shortly thereafter. They've been holding their ground for the most part in both a negative and a positive sense. Prophthasia is only in their hands because it revolted from Gandhara.

Ptolemaioi: Have done nothing except losing Halikarnassos all game. All the CAI patch did for them was get them to peace out with the AS.

Nabataia: Clinging on gamely in the margins. Hasn't fought with anybody save Eleutheroi.

Saba: At least they managed to take one city.

Pahlava: Mostly quiet. Only took Syrinx because it revolted from the AS; grabbed Kabalaka very early (they seem to do that a lot, anecdotally) before it rebelled to the Hai. Those rebels in Hekatompylos/Antiocheia-Margiane/Marakanda/Antiocheia-in-Skythia are pretty tough, though.

Saka Rauka: Same old, same old. I think it's a little weird that a) they never seem to go for Sulek and b) AI Baktria always always always beats them to Chach.

Baktria: Looked extremely scary until about 258 when Marakanda and Antiocheia-in-Skythia rebelled. (Ha ha!) Have done nothing ever since.

Gandhara: Did a reasonably good job so far. Didn't lose Taksashila to rebels, which is nice. Beat Baktria to Orthospana (263). Captured Sagala somehow - we'll see how that goes.
    Let them eat cock!

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Ya the Ptolemaioi are pussies. They should be able to eat up the Naba easily in my campaign but I see no military build up whatsoever.

I think Rome should be strongest faction there is, almost never to fall...
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Difficulty does not have much of an impact on M2? The difference between medium and VH are probably negligible

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Turn 50. Iberia goes to war on turn 47 then they all peace out the next 2 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by nein View Post
    Difficulty does not have much of an impact on M2? The difference between medium and VH are probably negligible
    not true... it doesnt have a huge impact as one would imagine... but there are diferences...

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    not true... it doesnt have a huge impact as one would imagine... but there are diferences...
    there are parameters in the CAI that change dependent on campaign difficuly level selected.

Playing Taksashila on hard-hard, progression till turn 100. NOT using the new campaign AI (= http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...I-RELEASE-TEST).

Turn 36:

Turn 50:

Turn 75:

Turn 100:

@EB2 team - Shall I switch to the new CAI during my current Taksashila campaign? Also please let me know, if there is any specific faction, you would liked played/feedbacked - I'd start them next.

Bactria, M / VH campaign, CAI V.1, Moros Damage mod

Recording my experience and 10 year map progressions starting at turn 22

Start campaign

WAR:Saka Rauka
    ALLIANCE:Ache Selukia

Make alliance with SELUKIA
    Install allied oligarchy in Marakanda.
    SAKA askes for tribute or we will attack ~120Mnai, i accept.

Turn 22

WAR: Saka Rauka
    ALLIANCE: Ache Selukia

Full army of SAKA with Faction Leader heading toward Marakanda.
    Next Turn changed its mind, heading toward Antiocheia-Echate(neutral) i intercept. (Baktria Victory)
    Rebel aphistemenoi appearing in Baktria.

I take Antiocheia-Eschate(neutral).
    PAHLAVA demand tribute or we will attack ~120Mnai, i decline.
    Spotted PAHLAVA assassin running into baktria << assassins creed 7

Turn 32

Half army SAKA siege Marakanda (Victory)
    Main army leaves form Antiocheia to Oryta(Neutral) lack of roads make it slow going
    I Break Alliance and refuse the Selukia tribute.

Half army SAKA attacks my traveling Family Members next to Anitocheia (Defeated)
    Anitnochia garrison reinforcements decimated leads to revolt in the city it joins the SAKA RAUKA horde.

I take Oryta(Neutral) and decide to head back to Antiocheia
    Previous SAKA army with FM is reenforced and besiges Marakanda
    The army is half noble HA and it has 2 FM (Defeated)

Main army forced march for Baktria instead of Anitnochia abandoning Oryta
    Oryta revolts and joins the SAKA RAUKA horde.

Turn 42

Main army arives in Oxiene
    SAKA assasins everywhere. Parabije Creed
    Half army SAKA heading towards Baktria(Capitol)

Exhausted Main army barely reaches Oxobara exhausted commander rests here
    Half army SAKA besieges Baktria(Capitol)

Faction leader and young pup take the main army from Oxobara and force march for Baktria(Capitol)
    Instead of breaching the meager defense force SAKA asks for vassalage. I refuse
    Negotiations give time for the main army to arrive and break the siege of Baktria(Capitol) (Victory)

Main army heads towards Marakanda mini battles on the way. Faction leader assassinated
    Main army intercepts 3/4 SAKA army (Heroic Victory) assassins strike again.
    Main army decimated

Turn 52

Retreat to Baktria(Capitol) to restore main army to full strength.
    Baktrian(Capitol) spy guild master and his established spy network takes care of 3 SAKA assassins

Turn 62

Main army at full strength leaves to retake Marakanda (Victory)
    Bactria(Capitol) besieged by half army SAKA from Oryta(SAKA)
    Main army arrives to break the seige (Victory)

Turn 72

CAIv.2 is relased
    End campaign

All factions survived 72 turns

Factions that delcared war during the game are
    romani vs boii, auerni
    qarthadast vs areuakoi

I'll do the same thing with a different faction and the new CAI

note: saromate in anatolia, pahlava likes the caspian sea, 0 CTD

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    Bactria, M / VH campaign, CAI V.1, Moros Damage mod

Recording my experience and 10 year map progressions starting at turn 22

Start campaign

WAR:Saka Rauka
    ALLIANCE:Ache Selukia

Make alliance with SELUKIA
    Install allied oligarchy in Marakanda.
    SAKA askes for tribute or we will attack ~120Mnai, i accept.

Turn 22

ALLIANCE: Ache Selukia

Full army of SAKA with Faction Leader heading toward Marakanda.
    Next Turn changed its mind, heading toward Antiocheia-Echate(neutral) i intercept. (Baktria Victory)
    Rebel aphistemenoi appearing in Baktria.

I take Antiocheia-Eschate(neutral).
    PAHLAVA demand tribute or we will attack ~120Mnai, i decline.
    Spotted PAHLAVA assassin running into baktria << assassins creed 7

Turn 32

Half army SAKA siege Marakanda (Victory)
    Main army leaves form Antiocheia to Oryta(Neutral) lack of roads make it slow going
    I Break Alliance and refuse the Selukia tribute.

Half army SAKA attacks my traveling Family Members next to Anitocheia (Defeated)
    Anitnochia garrison reinforcements decimated leads to revolt in the city it joins the SAKA RAUKA horde.

I take Oryta(Neutral) and decide to head back to Antiocheia
    Previous SAKA army with FM is reenforced and besiges Marakanda
    The army is half noble HA and it has 2 FM (Defeated)

Main army forced march for Baktria instead of Anitnochia abandoning Oryta
    Oryta revolts and joins the SAKA RAUKA horde.

Turn 42

Main army arives in Oxiene
    SAKA assasins everywhere. Parabije Creed
    Half army SAKA heading towards Baktria(Capitol)

Exhausted Main army barely reaches Oxobara exhausted commander rests here
    Half army SAKA besieges Baktria(Capitol)

Faction leader and young pup take the main army from Oxobara and force march for Baktria(Capitol)
    Instead of breaching the meager defense force SAKA asks for vassalage. I refuse
    Negotiations give time for the main army to arrive and break the siege of Baktria(Capitol) (Victory)

Main army heads towards Marakanda mini battles on the way. Faction leader assassinated
    Main army intercepts 3/4 SAKA army (Heroic Victory) assassins strike again.
    Main army decimated

Turn 52

Retreat to Baktria(Capitol) to restore main army to full strength.
    Baktrian(Capitol) spy guild master and his established spy network takes care of 3 SAKA assassins

Turn 62

Main army at full strength leaves to retake Marakanda (Victory)
    Bactria(Capitol) besieged by half army SAKA from Oryta(SAKA)
    Main army arrives to break the seige (Victory)

Turn 72

CAIv.2 is relased
    End campaign

All factions survived 72 turns

Factions that delcared war during the game are
    romani vs boii, auerni
    qarthadast vs areuakoi

I'll do the same thing with a different faction and the new CAI

note: saromate in anatolia, pahlava likes the caspian sea, 0 CTD
    great , cheers.

So this is my campaign at 200 turns on h/m and as you can see the tables have really turned on nabataea: antioch, bostra, seleukeia, babylon, all of them have been taken back and they have once again been reduced to their tiny camp of rekem. They've also become a protectorate of seleukeia

Not really a fan of the germans in the east, mind.

Rome seems weak in a lot of campaigns... they should be superior to all

Senator

Rome seems weak in a lot of campaigns... they should be superior to all
    Why?
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

I dont know, I thought Rome was one of the biggest empire in world, they had best infantry and technology...

Senator

I dont know, I thought Rome was one of the biggest empire in world, they had best infantry and technology...
    Hmm but you forget that a working makedonian phalanx can be even better when used right?And that the hellens weren't really having less technology?
    Romes infantry was good maybe even the best on average ,but not the best.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

I think that by conquering almost half of the known word, they proved to have best disciplined infantry and tactics... Macedonians were strong before 272BC but romans could out fight them

That still doesn't make them predestined to win no matter the circumstances.

I am not saying they should win no matter what... but at least most of the times they should be able to have a kinda big empire.... also carthagians are screwing them easily

Quote Originally Posted by Funeh View Post
    I am not saying they should win no matter what... but at least most of the times they should be able to have a kinda big empire.... also carthagians are screwing them easily
    Look at the turn counter. It's 20-50 years into the game. Rome did not have an empire yet.

In my game Rome is developing quite nice. Started a Punic War in 265 BC, which is almost historical (264-241 BC). In 10 years managed to conquer all of Sicily. In the north almost the whole Po valley is taken by the Romans. What I don't like is their expansion in Illyria - not very historical in that period, and besides it draws them towards my Makedonian borders...

So no, Rome is not underpowered so far. It just needs time to develop. Just like it was in history.