Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Default Re: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

allin did you use the 3rd CAI or it's another internal AI ?
    pergamon expanded in your campaign, tought the parthians seem to shy

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    your thoughts on the campaign alin? looks like you blitzed quite fast at the start.
    Well that's how I play as I don't enjoy fighting for ages against the same factions.
    Also the AI was quite passive at start which made it easier for me.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimo272 View Post
    allin did you use the 3rd CAI or it's another internal AI ?
    pergamon expanded in your campaign, tought the parthians seem to shy
    It was the one from release day till arround 255BC and afterwards CAI v1.

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Well that's how I play as I don't enjoy fighting for ages against the same factions.
    Also the AI was quite passive at start which made it easier for me.

It was the one from release day till arround 255BC and afterwards CAI v1.
    cool thanks for verifying.

Started a new campaign as Romani.

Campaign/Battle difficulty:
    Hard/Medium
    version 2.01
    with latest CAI and BAI versions

Turn 50

Turn 100

All factions are still alive.
    Made peace with Epeiros after taking Taras.
    Took Messana in 264 BC, starting the punic war, but Garthage had his hands full in Africa and didn't attack at all.

Military Rankings:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Top five
    1. Seleucids
    2. Ptolemy
    3. Aruernoi
    4. Makedonia
    5. Garthage
    Last edited by Poppis; September 18, 2014 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppis View Post

Hard/Medium
    version 2.01

Turn 50

Turn 100

Made peace with Epeiros after taking Taras.
    Took Messana in 264 BC, starting the punic war, but Garthage had his hands full in Africa and didn't attack at all.

Military Rankings:

Top five
    1. Seleucids
    2. Ptolemy
    3. Aruernoi
    4. Makedonia
    5. Garthage
    that looks good ...though carthge have taken a beating....can i ask Poppis ..did you get 15-20 spam diplomats asking for alliance and trade rights at around turn 40-50 ?

that looks good ...though carthge have taken a beating....can i ask Poppis ..did you get 15-20 spam diplomats asking for alliance and trade rights at around turn 40-50 ?
    Nope. I got one alliance request from areuakoi when we were both at war with Carthage and one trade right request from Arverni after they expanded south of the alps.

Nope. I got one alliance request from areuakoi when we were both at war with Carthage and one trade right request from Arverni after they expanded south of the alps.
    cool... i didnt think so ..thanks.

Turn 70 of my Epeiros-as-Syrakousai game (M/M with CAI v3a):

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Turn 70 of my Epeiros-as-Syrakousai game (M/M with CAI v3a):

tell us more! ....wooh bosph are on the march...how have rome been towards you still ?

Sadly i've never seen the eastern factions i.e parthia, baktria invading the seleucids.

tell us more! ....wooh bosph are on the march...how have rome been towards you still ?
    The Romans were initially aggressive, but after I beat them several times they seem to have given up on trying to fight me. Now they're going north instead, but they gave it a good go first. My last stroke of the most recent war I took Segesta off them and let it revolt, which is why it's now Arverni. I'm hoping it revolts again. They're also at war with the Karthadastim, which is occupying their attention.

I've done a lot less tinkering with the AI factions in this game; besides adding units to garrisons in a number of places, that's all I've done. I haven't even been moving other people's armies around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Pedro II View Post
    Sadly i've never seen the eastern factions i.e parthia, baktria invading the seleucids.
    be patient , were working towards that, when i made them attack AS near the start parthia and baktria got wiped out by AS , we are just shaping things for now in these early tests.

Hard/Medium
    version 2.01

Turn 50

Turn 100

Turn 150

So before we get started I just want to say that in the very early phases of the campaign(less than 50 turns in) I decided to auto calc all my battles. This, combined with my incompetence at strategy has lead to some interesting developments to say the least.

So, at the end of last session I had taken Aleria and Messana and my plan was to continue to pressure Carthage and take the rest of Sicily and Sardinia. Well, my Faction Leader died and to quickly boost my new leaders authority I decided to pick a fight with a full stack in Sicily. Alas, auto calc failed me and the army fleed to a nearby PSF. The enemy attacked them next turn and I decided(for the last time in this campaign) to manually play the battle in order to at least do as much damage as possible. And I did, but I also killed my new Faction Leader in the process. The next leader was a 16 year old whelp who has ever since been in Roma, to become a man(and to make sure he won't die). Luckily nobody rebelled.

Next up Aruernoi(who were now my northern neighbours) declared war on me. They took a half stack and besieged Ariminum but suprisingly, after 2 turns left and went to besiege Arretium instead. This allowed me enough time to build a full stack in Rome(all my armies were in Sicily at the time) and defeat the barbarian army. But they had a lot more troops just outside my borders so I stayed on the defensive. Weirdly they didn't attack either of my border provinces again for several years. They did sometimes stay on my side of the border for some time, causing devastation but never sieged(they had about 2 full stacks at the border at all times). They did send two armies at Aleria though. The first time I managed to send my army from Rome to Aleria before they got the town. And on return trip managed to lose the full stack to a rebel fleet. The next time they attacked Aleria(a few turns later) I wasn't fast enough to intercept them(was still building a new army in Rome). They took the town but since they had only brought a half stack it wouldn't be a problem for my new Praetorian army. I managed to avoid pirates on my way to Aleria, but then forgot a key game mechanic and send my fleet back to Rome while I besieged the town. One lost autocalc later and my whole stack was wiped out.

(During all this time I had had 2 full stacks in Sicily trying to outmaneuver the Carthaginians. My greatest victory here was winning a single battle(with my 2 full stacks) against a half stack, killing about half of them. Other than that it was mostly me losing my full stacks one after another due to overconfidence in winning 1v1 battles.)

So once Aleria was lost, I started to despair a little. So I decide to gamble my future and abandoned northern Italy, sending everything I had to Sicily in hopes of ending the war against Carthage quickly so I could then concentrate on Aruernoi. Of course as soon as I did that, the barbarians invaded. They took Ariminum, and Arretium in about 6 turns. I was forced to make a peace deal with them so I wouldn't lose Rome. And immediately they send like 4 diplomats to Carthage and became allies.

The good thing is I think Sicily is now mine. I won a great victory against their last full stack and am now besiegeing Lilibeo. So far Aruernoi haven't come to their new allies rescue. My plan for now is take Scicily and Sardinia, make peace with Carthage(they got some spanish provinces that I'm not interested) and then turn back north and take back my lands.

The Aruernoi are at war with Areuakoi(my allies), Pritanoi, Lusotannan and Getai.

In the rest of the world, Pergamon is doing pretty well(in my last campaign they were dead before turn 50).

Top 5 Military rankings:

1. Seleucids
    2. Aruernoi
    3. Ptolemy
    4. Massylim
    5. Getai

PS. Turn 150, are you kidding me?
    Last edited by Poppis; September 23, 2014 at 02:20 AM.

Awesome campaign! Auto-calc campaigns are so much fun - I did play a Roman one on EB1 few years ago after growing tired of endless battless against clueless AI and it was one very best campaign I ever had!

Now I wish you a lot of luck!

BTW - how are you coping with manpower limitations? I guess that the losses from auto-calc must be putting a lot of strain on your recruitment pools. I need to know because the AI operates under the same rules and your campaign is a good test how manageable current replenishment values are. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by V.T. Marvin View Post
    BTW - how are you coping with manpower limitations? I guess that the losses from auto-calc must be putting a lot of strain on your recruitment pools. I need to know because the AI operates under the same rules and your campaign is a good test how manageable current replenishment values are. Thanks!
    No problems on that front so far. Although with the loss of the two Italian provinces, my ability to train factional troops has diminished significantly. I guess I'll have to start using a lot more allied units, which seem to have little slower replenishment rates. I'll have to see how this will effect my campaign. The increased winter turn troop slots have been very useful. I like them a lot. Also at the moment a bigger concern is my money. I'm down to 30k from around 150k at my peak. And my income is hovering around 0.

Turn 150
    Romani campaign continued
    Turn 200
    First faction destroyed: Makedonia(turn 191, I was amazed how long it took for somebody to go)

So, at the end of last time I was holding out in southern Italy. I had just managed to get a ceasefire with Aruernoi before they took Rome and was planning to turn my attention solely on Carthage so I wouldn't have to fight at two fronts at the same time.

So this time I started by finally taking Sicily(well the carthaginian province at least) and went on to take Sardinia as well. By this time Carthage was pretty much out of the game. They still had couple of provinces in Spain but they were also at war with everybody in there. I made a ceasefire as I had no interest in prolonging the war any more than was necessary. I was thinking about taking Syracuse as well before declaring on Aruernoi(I was still kinda scared since they were still second on military ranking) but then my spy noticed that the Getai had started to besiege Patavium. This changed my plans. I checked the diplomacy screen and noticed that the Aruernoi were actually at war with all their neighbours(Areuakoi, Lusotannan, Pritanoi, Aedui and Getai). Despite their high ranking, they probably wouldn't be able to fight on all fronts at the same time. Also, in my previous campaign the Getai became a superpower who smashed the Romans so I started to became worried that they might snag all the other provinces south of the alps before I could take Syracuse. So I changed my plans and decided to attack Aruernoi right away. I had one full stack ready to go in Rome, another just coming ashore from Sardinia ready to go in 1 turn. Both Ariminum and Arretium were only garrisoned by couple of units.

I declared war, moved my master spy(Rome was bombarded with spies after the ceasefire) to Ariminum to open the gates, then moved my full stack in and took the city in the first turn of the war. Next turn, spy goes to Arretium and opens the gates and my second fullstack takes the city. After this the first fullstack is transported to Corsica to take Aleria. No spies this time, but the garisson consisted of about 50 skirmishers so it only took 2 turns.

The Aruernoi did have about 2 fullstacks south of the alps. They were first going for the Getai but when I took their two provinces, they turned around and came towards Ariminum but didn't attack. At turn 200 I got a peace offer from Aruernoi. I declined.

So this was pretty much the opposite from last session.

Some notes at turn 200:
    Seems like Aedui will be getting most of the Aruernoi land in France.
    I fear Getai will become a super power once again(they are at war with Aruernoi and Epeirotes atm and they got two vassals(Pontos and Bosporos)).
    Pergamon have been doing pretty well(although they are at war with Seleucids and Ptolemies atm).

Top 5 Military rankings:

1. Seleucids
    2. Getai
    3. Ptolemy
    4. Aruernoi/Massylia

Romani campaign continued
    Turn 200
    First faction destroyed: Makedonia(turn 191, I was amazed how long it took for somebody to go)

So, at the end of last time I was holding out in southern Italy. I had just managed to get a ceasefire with Aruernoi before they took Rome and was planning to turn my attention solely on Carthage so I wouldn't have to fight at two fronts at the same time.

So this time I started by finally taking Sicily(well the carthaginian province at least) and went on to take Sardinia as well. By this time Carthage was pretty much out of the game. They still had couple of provinces in Spain but they were also at war with everybody in there. I made a ceasefire as I had no interest in prolonging the war any more than was necessary. I was thinking about taking Syracuse as well before declaring on Aruernoi(I was still kinda scared since they were still second on military ranking) but then my spy noticed that the Getai had started to besiege Patavium. This changed my plans. I checked the diplomacy screen and noticed that the Aruernoi were actually at war with all their neighbours(Areuakoi, Lusotannan, Pritanoi, Aedui and Getai). Despite their high ranking, they probably wouldn't be able to fight on all fronts at the same time. Also, in my previous campaign the Getai became a superpower who smashed the Romans so I started to became worried that they might snag all the other provinces south of the alps before I could take Syracuse. So I changed my plans and decided to attack Aruernoi right away. I had one full stack ready to go in Rome, another just coming ashore from Sardinia ready to go in 1 turn. Both Ariminum and Arretium were only garrisoned by couple of units.

I declared war, moved my master spy(Rome was bombarded with spies after the ceasefire) to Ariminum to open the gates, then moved my full stack in and took the city in the first turn of the war. Next turn, spy goes to Arretium and opens the gates and my second fullstack takes the city. After this the first fullstack is transported to Corsica to take Aleria. No spies this time, but the garisson consisted of about 50 skirmishers so it only took 2 turns.

The Aruernoi did have about 2 fullstacks south of the alps. They were first going for the Getai but when I took their two provinces, they turned around and came towards Ariminum but didn't attack. At turn 200 I got a peace offer from Aruernoi. I declined.

So this was pretty much the opposite from last session.

Some notes at turn 200:
    Seems like Aedui will be getting most of the Aruernoi land in France.
    I fear Getai will become a super power once again(they are at war with Aruernoi and Epeirotes atm and they got two vassals(Pontos and Bosporos)).
    Pergamon have been doing pretty well(although they are at war with Seleucids and Ptolemies atm).

Top 5 Military rankings:

1. Seleucids
    2. Getai
    3. Ptolemy
    4. Aruernoi/Massylia
    cool , nice map in a lot of ways.

Darkan's Avatar Senator

Are those the Getai in the province above Pontus?
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

Taksashila M battles/ H Campaign, CAI v.3a, BAI v.1, Moros faster battles,
    Short Campaign- 20 regions, Baktria and Saka Rauka destroyed

Turn 60 to Turn 300

100 = 248BC
    200 = 223BC
    300 = 198BC

0 to 170
    I started securing independent provinces. Then i gained Independence from the Mauryan empire

55 - Ptolemy asks for alliance i accept
    60 - Seleukeia relations continually sour from here on
    120 - KH destroyed
    135 - Pergamon destroyed

170 to 240
    After independence i invaded Baktria. Luckily most of their armies are in Siberia fighting the Saka so i take advantage of them and take all their settled cities. This leaves them as Hellenic nomads. Seleukeia gets nervous and sends assassins.

175 - Massilyi destroyed
    177 - Seleukeia blockades port, i tell them to stop, they say OK
    210 - I invade Baktria
    220 - As i take Baktra a shadow war begins with Seleukeia
    240 - Baktria agrees to a cease fire

240 to 300
    Relations are terrible with Seleukeia and Baktria they both refuse trade rights even though it is their priority.After i establish my culture in Baktria, my plan is to invade the nothern steppe to wipe out Baktria and Saka. Then trade those provinces for an alliance with Pahlava. All that will be left for a Short Campaign victory is to take the remaining settlements probably in Seleukeia. However if Seleukeia attacks before my northern invasion then it will be a different story, they are tied up in several wars.

240 - Start conversion of baktria to establish a new and greater kingdom
    275 - Bosphoros destroyed
    276 - Lusotannan destroyed

Political Maps

WMWMWMWM - Red Zigzag mean hostile border or invasion (at war)

OOOOOOOOOO - Green circles mean allied border

R - Single letter means alliance over borders or sea. First letter and colour of the faction indicate who they are allied to. I only choose one side of the alliance to reduce clutter.

/////// - Crosshatches mean vassal

Turn 130

Turn 200

Turn 300

Quote Originally Posted by Mantaprey View Post
    Taksashila M battles/ H Campaign, CAI v.3a, BAI v.1, Moros faster battles,
    Short Campaign- 20 regions, Baktria and Saka Rauka destroyed

Turn 60 to Turn 300

100 = 248BC
    200 = 223BC
    300 = 198BC

0 to 170
    I started securing independent provinces. Then i gained Independence from the Mauryan empire

55 - Ptolemy asks for alliance i accept
    60 - Seleukeia relations continually sour from here on
    120 - KH destroyed
    135 - Pergamon destroyed

170 to 240
    After independence i invaded Baktria. Luckily most of their armies are in Siberia fighting the Saka so i take advantage of them and take all their settled cities. This leaves them as Hellenic nomads. Seleukeia gets nervous and sends assassins.

175 - Massilyi destroyed
    177 - Seleukeia blockades port, i tell them to stop, they say OK
    210 - I invade Baktria
    220 - As i take Baktra a shadow war begins with Seleukeia
    240 - Baktria agrees to a cease fire

240 to 300
    Relations are terrible with Seleukeia and Baktria they both refuse trade rights even though it is their priority.After i establish my culture in Baktria, my plan is to invade the nothern steppe to wipe out Baktria and Saka. Then trade those provinces for an alliance with Pahlava. All that will be left for a Short Campaign victory is to take the remaining settlements probably in Seleukeia. However if Seleukeia attacks before my northern invasion then it will be a different story, they are tied up in several wars.

240 - Start conversion of baktria to establish a new and greater kingdom
    275 - Bosphoros destroyed
    276 - Lusotannan destroyed

Political Maps

WMWMWMWM - Red Zigzag mean hostile border or invasion (at war)

OOOOOOOOOO - Green circles mean allied border

R - Single letter means alliance over borders or sea. First letter and colour of the faction indicate who they are allied to. I only choose one side of the alliance to reduce clutter.

/////// - Crosshatches mean vassal

Turn 130

Turn 200

Turn 300
    nice ..cheers