Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Rilder's Avatar Miles

Default EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

One thing that I always found interesting in regards to EB1 was the AI faction progression threads, seeing interesting paths of expansion for the various factions was almost as interesting as playing the game itself, so I thought, why not bring it back for EB2?

Previous one here: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...ression-Thread'

To get an image for this thread open the console with the tilde key "`" and type in toggle_fow then take a screenshot, usually with fraps or something then exit/minimize the game and crop that image down to just the minimap, possibly expanding the image as well to make it easier to read and then upload it and post it here.

Do include the turn or date and the further into the campaign you are the better, the first 20 or 30 turns probably isn't gonna be that spectacular.
    Feel free to also make mention of interesting things you've seen the AI do as well ways you've influenced them as well.\
    Might be worth including details on your campaign difficulty level as well.

============================

To start off here's one from my current (and first EB2 Campaign) Pontos campaign.

Pontos (M/M, since it's my first EB2 campaign and wanted to get a handle on things)
    238BC (Turn 142)

The Getai seem to be ripping through the Rebel settlements they have available, I'm probably gonna have to go after them soon...hmm...
    The Pahavla are just ridiculous and Baktria is expanding north for some reason.
    The Bosporians seemed intent on pushing across the Black Sea until the Getai took Byzantion, I mean they had fleets dropping off full stacks to try and siege it, I thought they were coming after me at first.
    Pergamon was the first faction destroyed I think, the Seleukids took care of them.

Probably could make more commentary but I think the map can explain it well enough.

Default Re: EB 2.X AI Faction Progression Thread

Britains didnt make much progress heh :S
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

^ I think we are all used to that from the EB1 AI heh!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Are Sweboz and Lougiones at war by any means? Otherwise that Lougiones makes no sense.

Funny how the romans avoided Epeiros. Or was it Epeiros winning?

Oh, this is fun!

Rome turn 149:

I love this. All the rebel settlements that aren't hopelessly remote have been taken, and Numidia/Arveni/Macedon/Bosporus all have cool empires. Especially Numidia, they sided with me against Carthage as soon as I started winning and took a bunch of Carthaginian African cities.

Arevaci M/M Turn 186. Allied with Rome, at war with Carthago. Notice the interesting Suevi attack on the romani at the Po valley. Quite good development of the factions.

That's not a tilde, also I can never open the shell :-(, just reloads the game

Miles

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=306594350

My factions progressing, I am the Seleucid Empire, no allies, Ptolemies as enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Berg-i-dum View Post
    Arevaci M/M Turn 186. Allied with Rome, at war with Carthago. Notice the interesting Suevi attack on the romani at the Po valley. Quite good development of the factions.

Never seen such successful Nabataeans!

Quote Originally Posted by Moros View Post
    Never seen such successful Nabataeans!

Yeah they got the Sabaeans, these, along with the Lusitanians I got, are the only destroyed factions in my game as far I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Berg-i-dum View Post
    Yeah they got the Sabaeans, these, along with the Lusitanians I got, are the only destroyed factions in my game as far I know.
    Did the Sabaeans conquer Rekem, and then got their asses handed to them by Nabataean Hordes? Or were they succesfull from the start? I guess their campaign depends quite a bit on how they start. IF they do well and manage to conquer one or two provinces they get going but if they are to late the Grey Death or Yellow Fever take away their possibilities to expand.

Edit: it does make for a great, be it nervous campaign, when playing as Nabataea though.

Did the Sabaeans conquer Rekem, and then got their asses handed to them by Nabataean Hordes? Or were they succesfull from the start? I guess their campaign depends quite a bit on how they start. IF they do well and manage to conquer one or two provinces they get going but if they are to late the Grey Death or Yellow Fever take away their possibilities to expand.

Edit: it does make for a great, be it nervous campaign, when playing as Nabataea though.
    I'm playing as the sabaeans and the nabataeans are really starting to worry me: they've taken both gerrha and Qarnawu and penetrated right into the heart of the seleukids, taking both seleukeia and babylon

Meanwhile I was wasting time getting mlheia (complete money pit by the way) and now I have one full banner army and they have several. Looks like this'll be a difficult campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Shokifer View Post
    I'm playing as the sabaeans and the nabataeans are really starting to worry me: they've taken both gerrha and Qarnawu and penetrated right into the heart of the seleukids, taking both seleukeia and babylon

Meanwhile I was wasting time getting mlheia (complete money pit by the way) and now I have one full banner army and they have several. Looks like this'll be a difficult campaign.
    On the other hand they have quite light troops. Only their HA's and lancers are really a problem. But considering the amount of heavy archer-spearmen you have, you should have the better units. Unless they are using many hellenistic regionals or mercenaries.

Could you post an AI progression map? That'd be most interesting. I've played both factions a hundred times, but never a long campaign as our internal build always gets updated.

On the other hand they have quite light troops. Only their HA's and lancers are really a problem. But considering the amount of heavy archer-spearmen you have, you should have the better units. Unless they are using many hellenistic regionals or mercenaries.

Could you post an AI progression map? That'd be most interesting. I've played both factions a hundred times, but never a long campaign as our internal build always gets updated.
    Well this is the current state of affairs. I'll also post what happens after I overcome my own cowardice and declare war on them.

Slightly worried about the horde mechanism though. I'll probably take everything but rekem and suffer the occasional light army rather than five fullstacks.

Lougiones M/M Turn 302

The AI has never attacked any of my settlements.

Medium probably isn't the best difficulty to be playing this game on.

Quote Originally Posted by Biyob View Post
    Lougiones M/M Turn 302

The AI has never attacked any of my settlements.
    M/M isn't the best way to play it. I'd recommend H settings for campaign map. Also, if I were them, I wouldn't be keen on attacking you either!

Slightly worried about the horde mechanism though. I'll probably take everything but rekem and suffer the occasional light army rather than five fullstacks.
    You could try to make them a protectorate then. Also an after action report would be highly interesting.

My Koinon Hellenon h/h campaign turn 143

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	progression kh t143.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	312871

You could try to make them a protectorate then. Also an after action report would be highly interesting.
    Haha I might actually try an AAR (Though for someone who aspires to making a living out of writing, i always make sure to never actually do any )

Should be quite interesting. Especially since I'm a tactician.

M/M isn't the best way to play it. I'd recommend H settings for campaign map. Also, if I were them, I wouldn't be keen on attacking you either!
    How much of a difference does it make? I started a LP on M/M, didn't know the recommended settings. It's still early, it might be fixable.

Page 1 of 18 1234567891011 ... LastLast