Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problems getting the mod installed or running? Try these things before posting! Updated 6th of March 2017

Default Re: Problems getting the mod installed or running? Try these things before posting! Updated 30th June '16

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    All CTDs I had happened when I was right clicking unit/building icons in campaign. I use borderless windowed mode.
    My pc is 7 years old and has 12GB ram. Should I install Large Address Aware?
    Yes; those crashes are memory overflow-related. Without LAA, the game can only use your first 2Gb of RAM, it does nothing with the other 10Gb.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Problems getting the mod installed or running? Try these things before posting! Updated 30th June '16

Done, now I start new campaign.
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Hello! I am a big fan of EB I (Hail BAKTRIA!) , and I'm trying to run EBII in my MacBook, I have M2TW Kingdoms in the Steam version for Mac, TATW and BC run smoothly, I instaled EB II in the same directory I installed TATW and BC ( ApplicationSupport/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/Medieval2Data/mods ) and tried to run EB II the same way I run TATW and BC but it crashes in the starting loading screen...any help?

So back after a couple off years and feeling nostalgic, I realise EB moved on to kingdoms. And without a CD players I'm stuck with steam. Can anybody help me out with my problem?

I installed outside of program files, and installed the mod. However when I use the EB launcher I just get the regular game and no EB What could be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by jerby View Post
    So back after a couple off years and feeling nostalgic, I realise EB moved on to kingdoms. And without a CD players I'm stuck with steam. Can anybody help me out with my problem?

I installed outside of program files, and installed the mod. However when I use the EB launcher I just get the regular game and no EB What could be the problem?
    Try this:

Right click M2TW in steam
    Go to properties
    Then hit Set launch options
    Then enter

"--features.mod=mods/EBII" (or whatever you named your EB mod folder) without the quotations I just used.

Click on M2TW as normal in your steam menu like you were going to play the game. EBII should then, hopefully, launch.

Not sure if you tried this before, but I hope it helps

Frtigern's Avatar Tiro

For the new large address aware tool, what if you run the steam version and dont have kingdoms.exe?
    Swords don't kill people, people with swords kill people.

Rafkos's Avatar Senator

For the new large address aware tool, what if you run the steam version and dont have kingdoms.exe?
    use it on medieval2.exe

Marso's Avatar Foederatus

Hi, here is noob.

I tried to install EB2.2 but something went wrong.
    I probably did so many errors that i should say "i accidentally did something right".
    Anyway, i have m2tw on steam (in the steam/steamapps/common... folder), so, having read about the "don't install into a steam or x86 folder i copied + pasted the MTW2 folder in another folder i created on the desktop.
    But i think this wasn't enough.
    I downloaded eb (zip version, if memory serves me right) and i got an .exe file and 24 binary files.
    I tried launching the .exe and the installation went smooth, till i tried to play: i clicked the eb launcher but instead the vanilla m2tw started.
    After various attempts i uninstalled eb because i decided that it was wiser to ask for help here before any other attempt.
    Please, be patience. I loved EB I and II, and id love to play this too.

Thanks from noob.
    Very noob.
    «Nec sine marsis nec contra marsos triumphari posse»
    - Appian of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by Marso View Post
    Hi, here is noob.

I tried to install EB2.2 but something went wrong.
    I probably did so many errors that i should say "i accidentally did something right".
    Anyway, i have m2tw on steam (in the steam/steamapps/common... folder), so, having read about the "don't install into a steam or x86 folder i copied + pasted the MTW2 folder in another folder i created on the desktop.
    But i think this wasn't enough.
    I downloaded eb (zip version, if memory serves me right) and i got an .exe file and 24 binary files.
    I tried launching the .exe and the installation went smooth, till i tried to play: i clicked the eb launcher but instead the vanilla m2tw started.
    After various attempts i uninstalled eb because i decided that it was wiser to ask for help here before any other attempt.
    Please, be patience. I loved EB I and II, and id love to play this too.

Thanks from noob.
    Very noob.
    Firstly, you need 2.2b, not 2.2 (which I'm guessing you got from moddb?). Secondly, download and follow the instructions from the main thread on the forum. It includes everything you need to know about Steam installations.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Firstly, you need 2.2b, not 2.2 (which I'm guessing you got from moddb?). Secondly, download and follow the instructions from the main thread on the forum. It includes everything you need to know about Steam installations.
    Yes, moddb.
    - Appian of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by Marso View Post
    Yes, moddb.
    Then as I said, get yourself 2.2b from the forum, and delete the files you downloaded from moddb.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Then as I said, get yourself 2.2b from the forum, and delete the files you downloaded from moddb.
    I did it soon after you told me about it; than i followed every step but i got stucked at point number 7 of the installation guide here ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...2b-is-released! ): i used the launcher but the game is opened via steam, if i choose start m2tw or start selected mod the game is started by steam, so i only have the vanilla game.
    I noticed that in my m2tw main folder there isn't a kingdom.exe, but only a m2tw; could that be the problem?
    I really don't know what to do since i tried 2 times to follow every step of the guide.
    Pardon my bad english.
    PS I also noticed that in both installations i tried, this folder (\Medieval II Total War\mods\ebii\packs) was completely empty.
    Is that normal? I know this could sound like a rhetorical question but i'm lost.
    - Appian of Alexandria

I found out that the problem was my installation; however i followed the steam guide about how to move my games from programfiles86 to somewhere else, i re-installed EBII and it now works, but, when i started a campaign (with Rome), the game crashed to the desktop during the first loading screen; i tried again and it ctd again; I then tried to start the hotseat campaign and it worked.
    After that i tried again to start a normal campaign with another faction (Egypt) and it worked too, so i retried with Rome and it worked again.
    What could have caused those crashesTD?
    I also selected "Windowed" but i don't see any changes.
    I read the tread about the bug report but i found out that my log folder is empty.
    I'll try and hope that i'll be able to play this gorgeous mod as much as possible.

Thanks for your help and your time.

PS Ok, i found the pre-installation instructions about the map.rwm file. Hope it was that.
    Now also the "Windowed" option is working.
    Thanks again!
    Last edited by Marso; November 07, 2016 at 04:39 PM.
    - Appian of Alexandria

Frtigern's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Problems getting the mod installed or running? Try these things before posting!

What are the instructions for steam users to apply LAA to our games. I don't have kingdoms.exe and I start EB2 from within steam by some fix here. If I just apply it to kingdoms.exe will i be good?
    Swords don't kill people, people with swords kill people.

Default Re: Problems getting the mod installed or running? Try these things before posting! Updated 6th of March 2017

when i press:start selected mod it says:''error running medieval 2.exe':the system cannot find the file specified.''
    I've installed it in D/games/steamapps/common/medievalIItotalwar

Default Re: Problems getting the mod installed or running? Try these things before posting! Updated 6th of March 2017

Make sure M2TW is really installed there. Confusion can happen when you have multiple Steam libraries on the same drive. Been there myself...
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

yup thhat was the problem thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaTsarrr View Post
    yup thhat was the problem thanks
    Happy to help! Been there no more than a week ago myself
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Still have some issues getting it installed - because Steam doesn't let me to add another game folder. It keeps telling me that the selected drive already has a Steam Library folder, and as a result, it won't install in the second folder I created outside of Program Files.

Any ideas?

(apart from making a new drive)
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Still have some issues getting it installed - because Steam doesn't let me to add another game folder. It keeps telling me that the selected drive already has a Steam Library folder, and as a result, it won't install in the second folder I created outside of Program Files.

Any ideas?

(apart from making a new drive)
    IIRC, installing EBII just unzips a standalone folder into the right Steam folder location. If you really need to install the mod somewhere else, install it in the first Steam Library folder, then move the EBII standalone folder to where you want

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast