Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problems getting the mod installed or running? Try these things before posting! Updated 6th of March 2017

Default Re: Problems getting the mod installed or running? Try these things before posting!

Hi I have a problem getting EBII to run. windows XP here
    My launcher is just in an endless loop of turning itself on every time I select EBII to play(pretty much EBII is not launching at all).
    Otherwise vanilla med2 and kingdoms games run fine.
    I preferably would like not to remove med2 and download it again.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Problems getting the mod installed or running? Try these things before posting!

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    I am running the installer exe, and it asks for some sort of disc!
    [SPOILER]Wonderful tiger, you forgot a step in the installation instructions. You need to extract the installer from the zip file you downloaded. There are several ways to accomplish this:

1. Right-click the EBII.zip and choose "Extract all". Click your way through the wizard, no changes should be necessary while doing so.

2. Enter the EBII.zip. Select all the files and choose Edit => Copy. Step back out of the zip file and choose Edit => Paste.

Then, run EBII.exe. It should work a lot better now.
    I followed these instructions, and yet it still did not work (i.e. could not find the zip files). Then I realized something: the pathway it was searching for was C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Local\Temp\7zOB196.tmp. However, after extracting the files, no such folder called "7zOB196.tmp" actually existed. So when prompted once more to choose the right pathway, I just erased the "7zOB196.tmp" part in the pathway (i.e. to simply C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Local\Temp\) and voila! The game started installing!

I'm not sure if my problem is unique because I'm using Windows 8.1, but you should probably specify this, especially since there was no "extract all" option in my right-click menu. There were, however, various other options, like "extract here" and "extract files," etc.

Every time I open the game it only fills up 3/4's of my screen. I can't move around the campaign map or battle map without having to click the minimap

Have you tried starting the game, clicking on options, opening the video settings, and then clicking on show advanced options and adjusting the resolution?

I tried that and it helped a little, but there's still a portion of the screen not covered :\ ... any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Have you tried starting the game, clicking on options, opening the video settings, and then clicking on show advanced options and adjusting the resolution?
    I tried that and it helped a little, but there's still a portion of the screen not covered :\ ... any other ideas?

pelon18's Avatar Foederatus

hello all! I was able to download the mod rather quickly and installed it via the steam users launcher. My problem is that when I launch it i get sent to the launcher i have to use to run Broken Crescent. When I select EBII from the list of mods to launch (which includes BC, MII vanilla, Americas, Crusades, Brittania, etc) the launcher just pops up again, I click launch again and another launcher window pops up again. Not sure what to do. I hope I don't have to uninstall BC as I am really having fun playing as Rajputs (and it took me 5 hours to get that mod to run lol) Any help would be appreciated.

pelon18's Avatar Foederatus

I got both mods running now!! If anyone needs help drop a reply!!

Civis

I have 2.01 installed, non steam, windows 7. Updated edu and 3.0 cai. I can play quick battles and custom battles, but when I select a faction and start the campaighn, I get "Medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will close"

Civis

I uninstalled and reinstalled the mod. I think it's gtg now. The game "Medieval 2 has encountered an unspecified error and will close" every time I quit the game, but if I save before quitting, it doesn't matter.

Guys can some1 plz help me !!! Ive instaled 2.01 ( without having 2.0 ) evrinthing ive done as have it written here, but soon as i click on my desk top icon EBII non-steam and my game starts and there is not movie to load for game or something usual for evry game, it just go to game menu BUT WITHOUT ANY OPTION AS : SINGL PLAYER ; MULTYPLAYER ; TUTORIAL .... AND SO > THIS IS MY MAIN PROBLEM, ALSO WHEN I DO LEFT CLICK ON THAT "INVISIBLE MENU" IT SAYS MEDEIVEL ll TOTAL WAR STOP WORKING AND I NEED TO CLOSE LIKE CTRL+ALT+ DELETE.
    PLZ help me this is great mod and i would like to trie it, all the best for the team who made it, wish them all the best !!!
    I also want to play 2.05 do i need only clean 2.01 or 2.0 ?

You don't need 2.0 for anything, delete it so you can't confuse anything. You need a clean, working installation of 2.01 before you patch to 2.05c.

i have a disc version of m2tw, but whenever i try to install the mod it trys to create a steam folder, ive tried to make it install to the mods folder in the disc but when i try and open it (with the non steam shortcut) it says it cant find the folders, any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    You don't need 2.0 for anything, delete it so you can't confuse anything. You need a clean, working installation of 2.01 before you patch to 2.05c.
    OK i understand that, but like i already written the proble is when i instal and start game through the icon EBII-NonSteam wich is on my desktop game launches and there is no move or some intro jus black screan and then menu but empty menu and i must leave > CTRL+ALT+ DELETE
    @QuintusSertorlus thx for your time

still same problem when i use desktop non- steam luncher and problem is " Medeivel 2 Total War: Kingodms is not responding" and then 2 option i have 1) close program
    2) wait for the program to respond .

But in my M2TW/ Mods/ EBII > i have found 2 icons one called : launch-cine-edit
    and second called : launch-cine-render
    And i started game and grand camp properly WOHOOO ! and i think it will b fine but on wich luncher shuld i start and play on first " launch-cine-edit " or second " launch-cine-render " ?

..... > after 20 min of playing Grand camp it quit from game just in blink, musick stops and quit to desktop like crashes from its self .... what shuld i do ... plz help !!!
    Last edited by AleksandarSrb333; October 25, 2015 at 05:34 PM.

Hi, first timer here.

I've played EB1 and just yesterday downloaded EB2 (v2.2 -I'm guessing it's the version 2.2a, since I downloaded it from the "EB FTP (installer)" link on http://www.europabarbarorum.com/, and I don't know if that has been updated with the latest version 2.2b).

However, I'm a bit confused with the step involving the EBii.cfg (step 9-11 in the announcement post). I have little experience with these things, so please bear with me. I used notepad to modify the file EBii.cfg, ensuring that the values were correct, and added the "auto_save = 0" part to the game section. unfortunately, when I started playing the game (the romans), I noticed that the autosave still happened after every turn. Obviously I'm just missing something here, but isn't the autosave supposed to be completely disabled?

So, do you know what I've forgotten to do?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by The First View Post
    Hi, first timer here.

I've played EB1 and just yesterday downloaded EB2 (v2.2 -I'm guessing it's the version 2.2a, since I downloaded it from the "EB FTP (installer)" link on http://www.europabarbarorum.com/, and I don't know if that has been updated with the latest version 2.2b).

However, I'm a bit confused with the step involving the EBii.cfg (step 9-11 in the announcement post). I have little experience with these things, so please bear with me. I used notepad to modify the file EBii.cfg, ensuring that the values were correct, and added the "auto_save = 0" part to the game section. unfortunately, when I started playing the game (the romans), I noticed that the autosave still happened after every turn. Obviously I'm just missing something here, but isn't the autosave supposed to be completely disabled?

So, do you know what I've forgotten to do?

Thanks!
    That's an out of date version; the current version is 2.2b, which is currently only on torrents, but will be on FTP and elsewhere soon.

aaah, I had a bit of sneaky suspicion that it could be the old one. I'll wait around for the current version to come up then. Thanks for clarifying

Default Re: v2.2b has been released - please do NOT report any bugs if you are playing with previous versions

I've added a new tip to the first post, about using Large Address Aware to make the game more stable by using more than 2Gb RAM. Might help address all these inexplicable crashes people are having.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Problems getting the mod installed or running? Try these things before posting! Updated 30th June '16

All CTDs I had happened when I was right clicking unit/building icons in campaign. I use borderless windowed mode.
    My pc is 7 years old and has 12GB ram. Should I install Large Address Aware?
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast