Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

I like those screenshots man.

[IMG][/IMG]

I finally managed to trigger the Faction Reemergence of Rome and then this happened. Fortunately, there weren't any family members in Isamnion, so all I had to do was defeat the wandering Roman stack near Rome. That is, after waiting one turn for the Polybian Reforms to occur.

[IMG][/IMG]

Polybian legions recruitable by a Greek faction? Ya hate to see it

[IMG][/IMG]

The Greco-Roman empire. I gifted all the historical Epirote settlement to my allies the Koinon Hellenon so that defeating them later will be all the more glorious. The roleplaying reason is that the FL needed to focus on putting down the Roman revolts and so he granted KH stewardship of Ambrakia, Epidamnos, Pella, and Dardanion. Of course this landed him vicious criticism from the royal court, which subsided after a few non-Aiakides FM appeared to have committed suicide via polonium poisoning

Better get there before they hit the Marian reform...
    Last edited by Satapatiš; May 28, 2020 at 03:22 PM.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

I actually did a Epirote early expansion on Italy this game, although it was only after taking down all factions in Hellas. What a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    I actually did a Epirote early expansion on Italy this game, although it was only after taking down all factions in Hellas. What a coincidence.
    Try abandoning your Greek holdings entirely. Take over all of Italy, then Sicily. You can always rebuild a Dynastic Administration in Tarantum or Syracuse, and Syracuse starts with a Hellenic Metropolis for providing settlers. It's so much fun letting Makedonia or KH become a superpower, then taking them down from your Italian stronghold. Even more fun is doing so with a reformed Greco-Roman army. Polybian Hastati and Cohors Sociorum for the heavy infantry, Euzenoi and Velites for the light infantry, and a slew of Hellenic cavalry make for a well-balanced and sturdy army.

[IMG][/IMG]

Kastellanos will finish what Pyrrhus has started. Leading a special task force of Hellenistic and Illyrian marines, he intends on taking the entirety of the southern Balkans in less than a year.

[IMG][/IMG]

His successor Temmandros meanwhile leads the culmination of years of statecraft and military research: the Greco-Romani Reformed Army. He will hold the line in Illyria while Kastellanos works his way north and west. The plan is to have the two meet in Epidamnos, then Kastellanos' marine task force will be converted into a proper field army. A strategy of of battling with one army while retraining the other will then be employed. Greece will be soon be conqu - I mean liberated from themselves

I am not that big of a boy to ditch Hellas completely, but I must say, I am fairly impressed that you managed to keep your Italic subjects that happy. I guess the enslavements early on really worked out. I managed to keep the place from rebelling by just sacking around, no PTSD for Pyrrhus nor Ptolemaios.

Furthermore, after a bit more of stats evaluation, I think the Thureos troops may not be that bad, after all. Armor 4 is a bit mediocre, but they all have Defense 9, which means they are professionals. Shame their availability never goes above 3.

But then, of all Hellenic factions Epeiros needs the panoply reforms the least. Between Thracians, Illyrians and Italians, you can do just fine without the thureos troops.

Machairophoroi aren't half bad, but they're not very available and even without finishing the Rome you can throw Samnites and hastati at people.

*Defends the Hellenic way of life by building mostly local recruitment in Italy. 100% naturalized Hellenes!*

I'm not going to use the legionary troops at all, except for the Camillan hastati and principes (they kind of represent the "generic" Italian warfare alongside with Umbrians and Sabellians) because for my Epeiros it's all about subjugating the Romani ethnos completely. But then there are Polybian Italian socii troops with 240 men per unit...
    Last edited by Satapatiš; May 29, 2020 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Satapatiš View Post
    But then there are Polybian Italian socii troops with 240 men per unit...
    I used them as a sort of a royal guard in my Arverni campaign.

I am not that big of a boy to ditch Hellas completely, but I must say, I am fairly impressed that you managed to keep your Italic subjects that happy. I guess the enslavements early on really worked out. I managed to keep the place from rebelling by just sacking around, no PTSD for Pyrrhus nor Ptolemaios.

Furthermore, after a bit more of stats evaluation, I think the Thureos troops may not be that bad, after all. Armor 4 is a bit mediocre, but they all have Defense 9, which means they are professionals. Shame their availability never goes above 3.
    That's so nice of you to preserve Pyrrhus' and Ptolemaios' mental health. To keep the Italians happy, having your Faction Leader or other high-influence FMs camp in the more unruly Roman provinces. You'll be surprised at how quickly they'll convert the settlements to Hellenistic Policies. Hell, Capua (the capital of my Greco-Romani empire, where the royal court is held) at the time of that screenshot has just finished establishing a Hellenic Metropolis.
    Last edited by Shoebopp; May 29, 2020 at 05:00 PM.

[IMG][/IMG]

I waited 1 turn too long after Rome re-emerged and a bunch of generals appeared, evolved gills, and submerged themselves in the Tiber river. Even after wiping out the Romans (after stealing their blueprints for a Polybian-style legion, of course), they stayed put, and my FMs are too creeped out by these fish people to hunt them down. Guess they're now a permanent part of the scenery.

[IMG][/IMG]

Getting bored of the cultural appropriation of Roman Polybian units? Me too. Unlike Epeiros, Carthage can recruit Polybian Principes in decent numbers with max Settler Colonies, and Polybian Hastati in gargantuan numbers - 2 from Punic Klereuchy, 3 from max Local Colony, and 3 from max Settler Colonies. Wiping out Rome before or just after the Thorakitai Reforms can allow for some interesting army compositions.

[IMG][/IMG]

There's a reoccurring phenomena where certain Hellenistic factions are seen owning Elephants when they shouldn't. Usually it's Pergamon that is observed garrisoning elephants early on in the game, which could be explained by their betraying the Seleucids early and defeating the FL stack containing elephants, but Bosphorus? How did not one but TWO elephant units end up there? Maybe the transfer of ownership went Seleucid -> Armenia -> Sauromatae -> Bosphorus. If so then those elephants have seen . The elephants have Seen The Elephant, so to speak

I actually saw that once. Maybe it is a defunct mechanic for Hellens to get access to Indian elephants that is only triggering for the AI?

I actually saw that once. Maybe it is a defunct mechanic for Hellens to get access to Indian elephants that is only triggering for the AI?
    Well, there is a script that, from time to time, gives elephants to some AI factions. Maybe Pergamon is part of it.

Special ops training for the Apeirotan hypaspistai and peltenai troops is so good they even managed to defend the Rome's city square from Romans whilst taking the city from Romans.
    Last edited by Satapatiš; June 11, 2020 at 01:38 AM.

this is an awsome set of screenshots, would have added a rep if I could have.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdgriffin View Post
    this is an awsome set of screenshots, would have added a rep if I could have.
    Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    I agree.
    Totally worth it, to put a torch to the kingdom's finances only to field an army composed mostly of the Agema Phalangitai and Hypaspistai.

Last stand of the last Romans.

Three years after the fall of their ancestral city, the last soldiers of the Republic gave their best to preserve at least their Cisalpine rump state. As bloody as it went, it was not enough.

Samnite and Tarentine hounds of the Hellenic kings did their job well.

When a merry bunch of the Insumbres gentlemen tries to ambush you on a mountain path only to discover that your Samnite and Apeirotan highlanders are better at this game.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Not to be outshadowed by his esteemed ancestors (or maybe being drunk again, sometimes it's hard to tell with this ruling family), Genuos decided to finally end this perpetual threat to all the peace loving citizenry of the People's Kindom League of Epeiros. Thus, the 197 BCE Cisalpine Peace War started for good.

First clash of this peacekeeping effort also marked the last use of phalanxes for the Apeirotan army. The following winter and spring saw the last military reform, with phalangitai being phased out of use in favor the new model army composed mainly of the Italian improved imitations of the thureos troops.

Last edited by Satapatiš; June 21, 2020 at 06:41 AM.