Page 45 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

When you manage a successful enveloping in a siege fight:

A malcontent would say sarissas aren't siege weapons. Epeirote royal family politely disagrees.

Last edited by Satapatiš; May 07, 2020 at 05:51 PM.
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

Kids gloves off. Pergamon assaulted me with a horde of deadly Pantodapoi.
    AI army composition never ceases to amaze. Their kingdom isn't this short on resources.Yet.

Sharp dressed men:

Italian holidays:

So... Instead of doing what should be done, as "building whatever can be built in Greece and preparing for the inevitable slugfest with Rome" I had to leave with only Rhegion secured because the kingdom of Pergamon insists on being suicidal.

"Hey, we're already at war with Pontos and Ptolemies, and not doing great at it. Let's attack the Epeirote Rhodos and Byzantion, absolutely nothing wrong can happen!"

I had a fun siege with my Ptolemaic allies attacking the other side of the same city. Except Ipsos is Seleucid, but since they're allied with Pergamon...

I've decided to not hold onto any taken settlement. They'll all go to Ptolemies. That should keep my back secured.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I never get tired of looking at EBII battle models.

I like the mix of colorful and gritty on them.

Although... Half of the time I can't tell which side is mine without using the UI. But that's on me for disabling the banners and the markers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capturar.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	361698

Pontos, turn 25. Impossible campaign? Wasn't hard at all, despite what the intro and the bulging ulcer in my stomach say.

Ressurging KH (after a revolt in Athens, great damn reason to keep spies on every single city in a contested frontier) decide to resettle on their traditional capital.

Of Jerusalem (well Acre but it is funnier if you think it is Jerusalem).

The ever hilarious faction re-emergence. I'm already assembling an expedition force to the Upper Egypt to finally stop Pergamon from coming back after their third time...

Total War AI tactical acumen at its finest:

1 - Spawns a half-stack barbarian army led by a five-star general and composed mostly of the heavy hitting Celtic and Illyrian units.

2 - Starts chasing my Balkan emergency army led by a zero-stars (but very loyal!) family member. Which is under a half-stack strength and modestly experienced, but composed of whatever leftovers I had lying around the kingdom.

3 - Suicides in a style by trying to storm across the river ford.

I mean, under any other circumstances it'd be a slaughter of my force, but after I've noticed that there's a river crossing between us on a strategy map and the enemy has no ranged units except for a few javelin skirmishers...

...I just stopped running away and accepted the battle.

Gotta give it to the AI, though - at least it didn't charge with the general unit first.

The funniest part is that this is exactly a kind of a situation where the high Command and Confidence stats are devastating for the AI... It didn't rout or retreat until it was too late. It just kept throwing the troops into the meat grinder.

Honorable mention goes to the Athenian hoplites. Taking heavy losses they did hold the line!
    Last edited by Satapatiš; May 21, 2020 at 09:26 AM.

Second Pontic playthrough, Pontic Empire formed just right after I took Galatia and Capadocia (prompted by the dumbass Hay encroaching into Capadocia and unleashing the apocalypse stacks all over Anatolia). I think I lost my soul somewhere in the way.

On my current campaign the Doomstacks of Galatia got eventually whittled down by all the constantly warring Asia Minor powers. Them being Eleutheroi and at war with everything else... But I've lost track how many times Ankara changed its owners.

I think they stop spawning after a while.

Legend says the spawn 8 units every winter until Thureos reform. You know, to make it """"easier"""" for Pergamon to get their reform.

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    Legend says the spawn 8 units every winter until Thureos reform. You know, to make it """"easier"""" for Pergamon to get their reform.
    Galatians perform an important societal function, though. For an example, the newly (again) re-emerged Pergamon leader and his full stack army can walk into them making life easier for everyone.

Italia is the land of the finely dressed people:

I'll miss the sight of the Etruscan hoplites, but since they're siding with the enemies of the free people of the Megale Hellas...
    Last edited by Satapatiš; May 23, 2020 at 03:58 PM.

As my potato laptop can't get good graphics for epic screenshots, I will have to make up with s.

And finally, an effort post.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Great shots, people!

It will take some heavy building and recruiting but this is going to be the finest defenders of Hellenism army this Ancient world ever saw.

Even if it it will be composed entirely of Samnite, Illyrian and Thracian units...

Koinon Apeirotan school of the applied Hellenism.

Land for people they like...

Sharp iron poisoning for everyone else.

Last edited by Satapatiš; May 27, 2020 at 02:26 PM.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Lmao
    Send 'em a nuke over.
    Aut prodesse voluit aut delectare auctor aut simul et iucunda et idonea dicere vitae.

Medieval II Stuff: Medieval & Viking Invasion music addon | Bellum Crucis Enhanced All-In-One | Elendil's Font Packs & Eye Candy | Alba di Rinascita - Fonts pack (included in the former) | The Eldar Scrolls - Fonts pack

Gather the biggest army the world ever saw and walk there. After taking the city, build a fleet there to hunt down and kill Gigantus.

Thanks, dude. It's good to know we almost took Syracousai...

Italian holidays ongoing.