Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 15303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

a weird settlement I found in Italy

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Weird settlement in northern Italy, the rebel defenders should be all Celtish; instead here half the defenders are Greeks... what is this last alliance between and Celts and Greeks against the Romans(me)??

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Shouldn't they be Ligurian (not Celtish) with some Hellenistic tint?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Shouldn't they be Ligurian (not Celtish) with some Hellenistic tint?
    yes ligurian but i've never seen greek elements there as rebel garrison before though, like the hoplites with orange shield and greek skirmishers.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

are they from massilia?

Some uncropped Sauromatae pngs. By far my favorite faction. Eurasian steppe peoples were savage and epic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails medieval2 2019-03-02 01-43-04.jpg   medieval2 2019-03-02 01-42-28.jpg   medieval2 2019-03-02 01-43-39.jpg   medieval2 2019-03-02 01-44-40.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by _Tartaros_ View Post
    are they from massilia?
    Not sure if this is directed at my post of northern Italian city with Greek rebel defendants. The city is in northern Italy, not Massilia. Those Greek hoplites with orange shield and Greek skirmishers are usually only seen in southern Italian rebels, so I thought it was weird to spot them in northern Italy.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Charge of two Cataphract units:

The ensuing melee:

Riding with the Baktrian Kataphraktoi:

Flanking Baktrian Horsearchers:

Freshwater navy

Quote Originally Posted by RodriguesSting View Post
    Freshwater navy
    You complain of that? Oh boy, let me tell you this story:

By the way, have you ever had 0% casualties after a battle? My first time

Last edited by Lusitanio; March 09, 2019 at 07:38 AM.

Just had a massive and epic battle in EBII that I want to share, There were more than 10500 soldiers on the battlefield. I had +3000 units (1 army) and the enemy had +7000 units (3 armies).

In order to win I had to create a large barrier with the phalanx in the center and the other units on the flanks with the cavalry doing what Alexander loved to do, destroying the enemy on the flanks, going after all the routing units and performing charges at every chance. There was a time when I really thought that it was the end and I was going to loose, when my left flank (which was weaker) gave up to the pressure of the hundreds of spearmen, chariots and dying friends and started to run away. The only thing that saved me were my elite units that managed to hold the line and some routing units that came back and distracted the pursuing enemy units, avoiding a bigger attack from behind, finally, I sent some skirmishers to fight against the flanking enemy units and prevented my army form a total break. Of course, this required a lot of micromanaging with the cavalry and only near the end did I knew that I was going to win. It was totally worth it!

Check the images:

Looks indeed epic. How much real time did it take?
    Obviously, once in the heat of the battle you've forgotten to take pictures.
    The number of resurrected troops is interesting: 2000 died/were taken prisoners, but after the battle, your losses were only 1250.

Looks indeed epic. How much real time did it take?
    Obviously, once in the heat of the battle you've forgotten to take pictures.
    The number of resurrected troops is interesting: 2000 died/were taken prisoners, but after the battle, your losses were only 1250.
    Chirurgeon - never go on a serious campaign without one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Just had a massive and epic battle in EBII that I want to share, There were more than 10500 soldiers on the battlefield. I had +3000 units (1 army) and the enemy had +7000 units (3 armies).

Check the images:
    this is the first time I seen historic battle site on map for eb2

It took me around 1h30 minutes to finish the battle but it may have been more. I also played on 0.5 velocity both because it allowed me to better direct the battle and because my pc isn't that great and such high numbers would make the battle to slow and would probably crash.

I actually didn't had a chirurgeon but I had one of those related with that and other ancillarie that reduced casualties.

Tentaku the first time you see a famous battle site in the campaign map?

I actually didn't had a chirurgeon but I had one of those related with that and other ancillarie that reduced casualties.
    You had more than one healer type follower with your fm? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    You had more than one healer type follower with your fm? Interesting.
    Yes, a physician and an historical ancillary that gives health bonus and reduces the casualties. I was surprised when I was allowed to transfer the ancillary to my General since as you know, once you have one type of ancillary that reduces the casualties, you normally can't transfer another one.

Good for you then!
    I'm thinking of starting a Celtic campaign just for all the druid related healing stuff

Yes, a physician and an historical ancillary that gives health bonus and reduces the casualties. I was surprised when I was allowed to transfer the ancillary to my General since as you know, once you have one type of ancillary that reduces the casualties, you normally can't transfer another one.
    My previous opinion on transfers of the ancillaries:

Ok, this is one perspective, I understand it's valid for the EBII, fair play.
    Nevertheless, I tilt towards another view: all human/animal ancillaries represent unique people/creatures who feel attachment to a general (or vice versa) and because of this are not transferable (otherwise you've got a Master Smitch or a Swift Steed serving for 100 years to generals from 4 different generations). This result also in stacking inferior ancillaries on older generals (to die), while passing the better ones to the young. I don't like it, I prefer to make probabilities of acquiring the ancillaries lower but make all of them die at the moment their master dies.
    However, the titles (in the SSHIP there're provincional governors and ministerial ones, and also crowns for the FL) represent staff accompaning the holder and as such they can be transferred to another general.

Well, in this case, since it was an historical character, I could say it was the decision of the Basileus that he accompained the army in campaign