Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

Adding to what I've shared previously, here's a campaign map update on my Makedonia campaign:

The Makedonian Empire in 148 BC:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

141 BC:

135 BC:

129 BC:

Really surprised to see the Boii still kicking...I always found that they got beat by the Swebozes and Lugians.

Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Skahn View Post
    Really surprised to see the Boii still kicking...I always found that they got beat by the Swebozes and Lugians.
    Agreed. However, their little empire didn't last for long! The Pritanoi proceeded to swallow up most of their continental possessions, followed by my breaking of the alliance with the Pritanoi and invading the British Isles while they were distracted by the Boii! Ancient China's Sun Tzu and author of The Art of War would nod in approval...the decision has yielded great results, as you can see. By the 60s BC my Hellenistic Makedonian Empire has conquered all of the British Isles and even northern Ireland, as well as most of Germania. The northernmost bit is still controlled by the Pritanoi, who also control Scandinavia and much of the Baltic (still contested by the Boii, though). I think I'll end my campaign here, though. I've exceeded 800 turns and basically surpassed the Roman Empire's greatest territorial gains during its absolute zenith under Trajan. It was not without troubles, though. For several turns the damn wandering Parthians managed to capture Akko in Judea! I skillfully managed to destroy them in a few ruinous field battles that killed all of their existing family members, so that they could not form a horde again. Recapturing the rebel city of Akko was then a piece of cake.

The Makedonian empire in 123 BC:

The Makedonian empire in 116 BC:

The Makedonian empire in 110 BC:

The Makedonian empire in 104 BC:

The Makedonian empire in 98 BC:

The Makedonian empire in 91 BC:

The Makedonian empire in 85 BC:

The Makedonian empire in 79 BC:

The Makedonian empire in 73 BC:

The Makedonian empire in 66 BC:

Jesus Christ dude, leave Europe alone! Leave it alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Jesus Christ dude, leave Europe alone! Leave it alone!
    How else can I bring the light of civilization to the barbarians, though? The contours of my Makedonian empire, although slightly more extensive than the Roman Empire, still mirror it to a large extent. I'm just doing a little historical repeat, but with Makedonia instead of Rome. Did the same with Koinon Hellenon in my previous campaign. In my next campaign I'll be a normie, repeat history for faithfully and play as the Romans like most other players.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    In my next campaign I'll be a normie, repeat history for faithfully and play as the Romans like most other players.
    May I suggest something more difficult? I once played Saka and recreated the Achaemenid Empire, now that was tough...
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

San Felipe Your screenshot looks good,

Do you play w?s 1920x1080 if so why is your screenshot in 4 by 3 format 1200x1080 just wondering

Continuing my epeiros campaign, years after the Getae were defeated, the kingdom of Epeiros move against Hayasdan, while paying an army worth of gold for Pontos to do the same.

Galatia and Sinope both fell with fierce resistance, though the Basileus died in the taking of the latter. One of the armies which still had its commander then proceeded to Amaseia to the east, in support of Pontos.

Meanwhile though, with the death of the Epeirote king, and the forces of the aiakides dynasty barely concentrated (with 2 armies in dacia, 1 in illyria, and 2 half strenght armies invading Hayasdan), the Basileus of the Ptolemaioi decided to betray the long lasting alliance of the two familes. Once Pyrrichos, the best general in the world since Pyrrhus and Alexander, led an army to recover, for the ptolemaics, all of the coastal cities in Egypt, from spartan occupation. Clearly gratitude is not something the ptolemaics are keen on.

The war started with plenty of naval action between Epeiros and Ptolemaioi, but the decisive naval battle was won soon enough, and the supremacy of the seas was conquered by Epeiros, while one of the armies in Dacia embarked in a fleet and proceeded to move towards the eastern mediterranean, to land near Tarkos.

An assault upon Amasea soon happened once Myrton, commander of the Epeirote forces in the theatre (as the new basileus remained in Ambrakia, attempting to increase his quite weak authority over the realm) arrived near the city.

The walls were attacked in three different sections. Through the course of the battle, in all three the forces of pontos and Epeiros were utterly destroyed.

However once the gate was broken, Kyros the Pontic commander sent all his forces ahead, and Hayasdan, being with their forces overstretched trying to defend the walls, could not keep the advance in check.

Epeirote forces move to attack the forces in the walls from behind.

Path inside the city is open to the allied attack.

Fighting in the center of the city.

A year later, Epeiros move their forces against the Ptolemaioi, as now Pontos is a buffer state between Hayasdan and the Epeirote territories (hayasdan having lost their three cities in center anatolia).

However! Hippokrates, whom was always loyal to the Basileus and to the Aiakides royal line, rebelled with all of his army in Dacia.

The Basileus then finally left Ambrakia with no forces of his own, then took command of the army in Illyria (much to the displeasement of their general), and marched forth to cull this rebellion.

Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Wulfburk: Very nice. Looks like an immersive campaign. Thank you for sharing.

This is a nice thread I just discovered....

Wulfburk: Your campaign's Rome has two colors? one darker red and one lighter red?

Roma_Victrix
    's campaign is also awesome. I guess each campaign's AI's fate is drastically different then. In my 150 turn campaign so far, the "gray death" Seleucid is chopped up and nom-nommed by all of its previous allies/vassals, ironically, or you can call those factions "successors of successor"....

The darker red is where im actively spotting, the lighter red is with fog of war (i got many spies in the balkans and assassins too, the getae capital rebels from rome back to Getae every ten turns or so with help from my sabotage and spies).

The reemergence script is awesome. Lusitania got themselves killed a dozen times by arevaci, but they always spawn back. True to Viriathus!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    The reemergence script is awesome. Lusitania got themselves killed a dozen times by arevaci, but they always spawn back. True to Viriathus!
    I am guessing they spawn back with 40,000 cash. In my campaign where I just dropped to 32,000 cash, Baktria spawned back and immediately they just became the richest faction on the map....

Some nice battle pics in my current Epeiros campaign (AAR link in my signature)

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Woops forgot to delete this.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; September 24, 2018 at 08:50 PM.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quick reminder for you folks to take part in the screenshot contest. All those who don‘t will sadly be fed to Ammit.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?788421-The-great-2018-quot-Mostly-September-quot-Europa-Barbarorum-2-Screenshot-contest

Quote Originally Posted by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ View Post
    May I suggest something more difficult? I once played Saka and recreated the Achaemenid Empire, now that was tough...
    Did you create an even bigger empire than the Achaemenids too?

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

One month no screenie?
    Come on you guys!

Some screens from my current Baktrian Campaign .

Imgur Link

Images

Edit by paleologos: I embedded the images for you
    Last edited by paleologos; October 21, 2018 at 12:57 PM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

I appreciate the eyecandy!

Thank you Paleologos! But I cannot see them, can you?
    It's strange, I've tried even using the [html] tag to no avail.