Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

Sends a Terminator back in time to stop the evil Hellenism from spreading*

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Sends a Terminator back in time to stop the evil Hellenism from spreading*
    Cyberdine and Skynet can't stop me now! Not unless they send back like 100 Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminators.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Cyberdine and Skynet can't stop me now! Not unless they send back like 100 Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminators.
    Better make it 101.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Better make it 101.

Your map is completely bonkers. Realistically speaking, why would the Macedonians bother with the Baltic Sea and the Russian steppe before conquering the rich, cultivated, settled, civilized known world of the Mediterranean? It's totally backwards.

My map and empire turned out to be much more logical, seeing how I deliberately aimed at recreating the Roman Empire.

However, the Seleukids in my campaign are almost as bonkers as your Macedonians, I'd say. The Seleukids in my campaign have already taken much of what is today's Ukraine and are moving into what is now modern-day Poland. They also have the Baltic states of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. It's so silly! It's hard to see how this would happen in real life.

I do like how your Koinon Hellenon is just barely hanging on, though, in Crete and Rhodes. KH STRONK!!!

EDIT: By the way, I've completed my conquest of the British Isles! In record time, historically speaking, since it's only 89 BC. Take that, Romans!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pergamon empire map 0085.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	388.1 KB 
ID:	358782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pergamon Empire 0079.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	316.4 KB 
ID:	358783

The Pritanoi have only one stronghold now, in what is today's Northern Ireland. I'll crush them soon enough and move on to defeating the Suebi, possibly leaving them alone as a fun hostile faction in Scandinavia. I'm going to evict them from Germania altogether, though. Perhaps I'll even conquer half of the Boii areas, although I'll leave them with enough territory to serve as a buffer between me and the Seleukids. It sounds crazy to say that about Eastern Europe, but that's the new reality here.

Biarchus

Do you actually play all your battles? I can't imagine the time needed to play to 89BC with an empire that size. You must auto resolve a lot?...

Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    Do you actually play all your battles? I can't imagine the time needed to play to 89BC with an empire that size. You must auto resolve a lot?...
    I auto-resolve sometimes, but not all the time. I've been playing the same campaign for four whole months now (since January). I like to play really long campaigns, because I want to enjoy the fruits of all my labor and build an absurdly huge economy that can support multiple full stacks that go around pwning everyone. Usually I give up and start a new campaign after 200 or 300 turns, but after I got past the 400 turn mark I decided to keep going. I'm so glad that I did! There was only one other campaign where I played past the 700 turn mark. I'm shooting for 800 or 850 turns. By that point all my enemies (including current neutral factions) should be destroyed anyway, defeating the purpose of playing unless I break my alliance with the Seleukids.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Your map is completely bonkers. Realistically speaking, why would the Macedonians bother with the Baltic Sea and the Russian steppe before conquering the rich, cultivated, settled, civilized known world of the Mediterranean? It's totally backwards.
    Ever since the sacking of Pella nearly 100 years before, Antigonus Gonatas set the agenda for the rest of the empire's future, instilling and fostering the culture of conquering all northern barbaroi and bringing them under the Makedonian yoke so that this would never happen again. A manifest destiny to reach the northern shores. His sons and their sons after them have followed this divine mandate lo' these many years. And the Sauromatae brought this on themselves. Twice they attacked our Bosphoran holdings and the menace could not be allowed to roam free and threaten our borders any longer. The king and his heir brother have led a decade long campaign in those wastelands to bring the horselords to heel. A final battle awaits from which there is a good chance one or both may not return.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Ever since the sacking of Pella nearly 100 years before, Antigonus Gonatas set the agenda for the rest of the empire's future, instilling and fostering the culture of conquering all northern barbaroi and bringing them under the Makedonian yoke so that this would never happen again. A manifest destiny to reach the northern shores. His sons and their sons after them have followed this divine mandate lo' these many years. And the Sauromatae brought this on themselves. Twice they attacked our Bosphoran holdings and the menace could not be allowed to roam free and threaten our borders any longer. The king and his heir brother have led a decade long campaign in those wastelands to bring the horselords to heel. A final battle awaits from which there is a good chance one or both may not return.

Nice pic!

Also, I can't tell if you're talking about the unruly Gallic mercenaries under Pyrrhus of Epeiros plundering the royal Macedonian cemetery at Aigai, or if you legitimately allowed a barbarian faction in EB II to sack your chief city of Pella during the beginning of your campaign.

In either case this whole "never going to let it happen again" business strikes me as being somewhat similar to the whole Roman motto after the Gallic Senones under Brennus sacked Rome in 390 BC (or 387 BC, take your pick), following the Battle of Allia. By taking the fight to the barbarians all the way to remote Caledonia (Scotland), the Romans would never let that happen again! Except for when Honorius let the Visigoths under Alaric sack Rome in 410 AD, followed by the Vandals under Geiseric in 455 AD, and finally by the Ostrogoths under Totila in 546 AD.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Twelve days without a sceenie?
    Seriously guys?

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    Twelve days without a sceenie?
    Seriously guys?
    Well, it's taken me a couple weeks, but a couple decades later in the game I now have all of Germania and that last Pritanoi holdout in northern Ireland.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pergamon empire map 0085.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	388.1 KB 
ID:	358784

I think this is a good moment to end the campaign, although I might just conquer the rest of the Boii for the lulz. If I wanted to I could go on to push the Lugiones and Scythians out of their own territories, but I'd rather have them as buffer states against the Seleucids (as crazy as that sounds for Eastern Europe in the middle of the 1st century BC, lol). I could theoretically prolong the campaign just by breaking my alliance with the Seleucids and waiting to see the consequences of that action. Or I could even invade Saba and hand each of their territories over to my tributary vassal in Nabataea, therefore ruling much of Arabia indirectly through my client state. By the way, Epeiros, the Getai, Kart-Hadast, the Ptolemies, and Hayasdan are all vassal states of mine. I'm also allied with Taksashila, as are the Seleucids, and I used to be allied with the Parthians, until the Seleucids turned them and the Saka into wandering factions. It's been like that for roughly a century now and they still haven't destroyed them.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

846 turn!
    +rep

846 turns wowwwww

Played around with Reshade 3.0's depth of field a little:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by xHolyCrusader; May 19, 2017 at 02:22 AM.

Are these new models?
    Did you use the video editor to make them?

Are these new models?
    Did you use the video editor to make them?
    No new models and yep I did.

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post
    Played around with Reshade 3.0's depth of field a little:

It's a nice free tool, and collapsing the DOF has produced a great result. I think you may have started a trend there!

Is it time for some fresh eyecandy?

Is it time for some fresh eyecandy?
    You're so persistent! Fine. Here's some eye candy: Thorakitai, Epilektoi Hoplitai, Deuteroi Phalangitai, and other infantry storming the central plaza of a Hellenistic city towards the end of a siege.

Civis

Battle in the woods between Epeiros and Eleutheroi.