Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

Gods...I hate Gauls. My grandfather hated them too.

boszo, about the timer...have you been loading during the playing? AFAIK the timer resets every time you load a game.

Quote Originally Posted by wermez View Post
    Gods...I hate Gauls. My grandfather hated them too.
    Gallic Pepe is outraged.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

End of the line...

The lot of a soldier

Serving the Strategos to the end!

Scouting

Battles with the Carthaginians over Sardin

Background on the below, the Massylii were horded by the Carthaginians and set sail for Caralis. They occupied the island for something like 150+ turns (I'm currently at turn 340) and were at war with the Carthaginians for a long time in a back and forth war over the island. You can see the remnants of some armies that rebelled, both previously belonged to Carthage and Massylii.

BarnicleBill1's Avatar Centenarius

Fantastic battle.

tiepilot98's Avatar Libertus

Aw.

I didn't try to do something cinematographic here, but battle was bloody.
    Last edited by tiepilot98; March 03, 2017 at 03:04 PM.

tiepilot98's Avatar Libertus

And yeah, one question. Must I blitzkrieg the map? Because I have a feel that I'm developing not that fast in comparison to Medieval 2. Is that me that inexperienced (I have struggles even on easy...) or EB forces that slow conquest of other territories?

Development is indeed meant to be rather slow compared with vanilla. Remember that this is 4 turns per year and EB2 covers roughly 300 years of history. Take it slow, consolidate as you go.

Quote Originally Posted by tiepilot98 View Post
    And yeah, one question. Must I blitzkrieg the map? Because I have a feel that I'm developing not that fast in comparison to Medieval 2. Is that me that inexperienced (I have struggles even on easy...) or EB forces that slow conquest of other territories?
    I'm at turn 348 (186BC) and at this point I own Cisalpine Gaul (Including Massalia), Italy and Sicily along with Corsica and Sardinia. I'm only now starting to tickle Hispania. But I didn't go to war with Carthage except to seize Massalia and Sicily from them, and to take control of Corsica and Sardinia. They've expanded into Spain alot during the time I wasn't at war with them and the main reason that I hadn't gone to war with them sooner was because I kept dealing with large Boii warbands coming down to attack, turning the campaign into a back and forth grind. There were several times I had to rotate the legion and send them back into Italy for retraining, meanwhile a fresh one had come up to replace them. At this point I have a dedicated legion that resides in Cisalpine Gaul, and I've since gotten myself an alliance with the Boii but the raiding has been coming from the Aedui now, though far less often.

I think though its much better to take your time just so you can consolidate your land and forces more often, but going to war with other factions while they're still grabbing land from rebels can be very beneficial. Especially with the new diplomacy changes the EB team made, making ceasefires actually possible. I don't think its especially necessary to blitz the map, since the campaign takes 1200 turns and the way the reforms, buildings, recruitment and other things are laid out. The campaign is made for a long run. You couldn't blitz the map simply because government types, unrest and cultural penalties are such a large component of the game. You would have rebellions in no time at all.

Damn Crusader, those are some beautiful shots mate.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

@ xHolyCrusader:
    Very nice mate, can you please PM me the names of those units in your screenshots?

Thank you guys!
    paleologos if you go into custom battles and choose the Getai faction (Period: Early) you will find all the units from above, if you, for whatever reason, dont have access to EBII atm let me know and I can still pm you the specific names.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

It is problematic for me to play EB right now, it takes forever to load in my PC.
    Just let me now the names of the units in the first and third screenies.

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    It is problematic for me to play EB right now, it takes forever to load in my PC.
    Just let me now the names of the units in the first and third screenies.
    The cavalry unit are the "Tarabostes" (Dacian Heavy Cavalry) the infantry unit in the first screenshot is called "Getikoi Stratiotai" (Dacian Light Phalanx).

How can i deactivate the UI to make so beauty Screenshots without the UI Console? In Rome 2 its the K Key....

Really Nice Screens.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice1987 View Post
    How can i deactivate the UI to make so beauty Screenshots without the UI Console? In Rome 2 its the K Key....

Really Nice Screens.
    If I'm not mistaken, you're given the chance to switch from the esxtended UI to a reduced UI which is displayed only when the mouse pointer is in certain areas of the screen. You can choose through the Options panel, even while playing a battle.I seem to remember there should be a dedicated section of the Options.

Make Cleopatra great again xd

What is the sub mod for icons and units are you useing?