Page 20 of 53 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

Icon8 Re: Post Your Screenshots

I want to take screenshots but im running without Steam. and im running by launching the launch.bat SO i cannot add it to steam.

Please somebody tell me how i can manage to take screen shots. I had so many awesome opportunities. and i have wasted many.

gustave's Avatar Semisalis
    Patrician

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

Use Fraps ! it's very easy to use.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by moisesjns View Post
    I want to take screenshots but im running without Steam. and im running by launching the launch.bat SO i cannot add it to steam.

Please somebody tell me how i can manage to take screen shots. I had so many awesome opportunities. and i have wasted many.
    Hello,

I am "almost" quoting myself from another post i was answering a similar question.

I am not steam user. Gold retail "normal" one, installed in D:/Medieval Total War II/mods/blablabla. I found that when you use "prt sc" key instead take a screenshot i was used to paste in a new paint file and saved it as a .jgp it was taking a .tga screenshot saved in ....\Medieval II Total War\tgas. When i tried to paste the "prt sc" to a new paint file it was a black empty screen with the desktop bar at the bottom, so i investigate a bit. If you look for a program able to open/edit .tga youll be able to check what screensaves you took with "prt sc" and stored as .tga in ....\Medieval II Total War\tgas. I looked for a program able to open/convert .tga ----> .jpg, i am using IrfanView 64 that i fount with google and it is freeware. Or maybe you could rebind keys to make "take a screenshot" with another key and use "prt sc" to paste in a paint file as i am used to do. I dont know if it is even possible to change the file format for MTW2/EBII screenshots to .jpg or something. I hope this helps you

Regards:

Melvid

Quote Originally Posted by melvidh View Post
    Hello,

I am "almost" quoting myself from another post i was answering a similar question.

I am not steam user. Gold retail "normal" one, installed in D:/Medieval Total War II/mods/blablabla. I found that when you use "prt sc" key instead take a screenshot i was used to paste in a new paint file and saved it as a .jgp it was taking a .tga screenshot saved in ....\Medieval II Total War\tgas. When i tried to paste the "prt sc" to a new paint file it was a black empty screen with the desktop bar at the bottom, so i investigate a bit. If you look for a program able to open/edit .tga youll be able to check what screensaves you took with "prt sc" and stored as .tga in ....\Medieval II Total War\tgas. I looked for a program able to open/convert .tga ----> .jpg, i am using IrfanView 64 that i fount with google and it is freeware. Or maybe you could rebind keys to make "take a screenshot" with another key and use "prt sc" to paste in a paint file as i am used to do. I dont know if it is even possible to change the file format for MTW2/EBII screenshots to .jpg or something. I hope this helps you

Regards:

Melvid

this worked. i used gimp.

thank you.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

The thorakitai will hold the bridge against all odds!

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

NIce pictures, although without the banners they would be even better.

couple from my 2.2b Parthy Purple Guys campaign

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Lovely screenshots my friend!

is there a mod to be able to zoom all the way down in the battle, like the one for rome2 ?

would be nice for screenshots

WOW! I already loved the addition of the Hellenistic Thorakitai from v. 2.1 onwards, but now I am totally loving the fact that I can combine them with the Katoikoi Thraikes, the new Thracian heavy infantry unit. You guys didn't say anything about their chainmail armor upgrade! They look awesome decked out in heavier armor, too. Here they are side to side with the Thorakitai in the same army. Glorious!

Who needs Roman legions when you've got Thorakitai and Katoikoi?

Campidoctor

That's awesome. So when you say armor upgrade, is that like the regular M2TW upgrade mechanic where you build a blacksmith building or whatever and can upgrade troops? Or is it an EBII specific, reform related type of thing where the unit itself changes or a new armored one is added or something?

-GOOD PEOPLE OF EBII-
    A screenshot related question. Is there any way to remove the Pause overlay during battles? Turns out campaign battle replays aren't very stable, especially when it comes to total overhaul mods, and most of the time don't seem to work when trying to load one and watch it through. Though there's a chance they might work through the Cinematic Editor, I just haven't been able to get that to work properly yet for myself. So I'm left with trying to get my screenshots during the battles, and I'd love to be able to do it during a pause where I pick my moment and position exactly as I want (without losing that exact moment by unpausing and trying to quickly hit the screenshot button), but not have that Pause image in the middle of the screen ruining everything. I'd been using the built-in screenshot function of M2TW with the tga's, because it automatically removes the mouse cursor and pause overlay, but the fact that the images are a small resolution and not widescreen and can't seem to change those factors (using tga_width= in cfg didn't work properly) is a bummer, and I'd rather just use Fraps for full resolution niceness.

SO, is there any way I could maybe open the relevant image file for the pause overlay and just turn it transparent or delete it or whatever needs to be done to get rid of it? I don't know if such an image file for it exists or where to find it, and any help would be much appreciated. I have a big battle coming up with Pyrrhos and would hate to lose all memory of it.

But this is a screenshot thread after all, so here are a few of my crappy little square tga's. Witness the fall of Pyrrhos' firstborn son, Ptolemaios, along with his elite Molossian cavalry and Hypaspistai guard plus mercenary Gallic warbands, at the hands of my Makedonian phalanx with mercenary hoplites and southern Anatolians in tow. His retreat to the North from Peloponnesos behind his father was cut off by the brother of King Antigonus Gonatas, Krateros, dispatched from his garrison at Cornithos.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

The Battle for Epidamnos, Ameinias vs Pyrrhos:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

That's a nice, impressive little empire you have there over the course of 46 turns! I see you've recruited the Spartan hoplites from Sparta as Makedonia; I hope their pride wasn't wounded too much when you conquered their city-state and drafted them into your wars!

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    That's a nice, impressive little empire you have there over the course of 46 turns! I see you've recruited the Spartan hoplites from Sparta as Makedonia; I hope their pride wasn't wounded too much when you conquered their city-state and drafted them into your wars!
    I had no other choice but of total war as Epeiros and KH were continuously attacking me from the start, after Pergamon did a surprise attack from the east which cost them their city-states some turns later, after some hard battles.
    And of course not, they had the honor to slay Pyrrhos!

And now as you can see Antigonos is taking care of the yellow death:
    image hosting 15mb

Are you at least trading with the Seleucids, Romans, and Carthaginians? Being at war with four different factions at once will kill your economy, since everyone is blockading you and trade overall becomes diminished. When do you plan on taking Rhodes and Crete?

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Are you at least trading with the Seleucids, Romans, and Carthaginians? Being at war with four different factions at once will kill your economy, since everyone is blockading you and trade overall becomes diminished. When do you plan on taking Rhodes and Crete?
    Duh! I get arround 15000 Mnai per turn but I invest almost all on infrastructure.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Nabataeans took Alexandreia, turn 15
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    I had no other choice but of total war as Epeiros and KH were continuously attacking me from the start, after Pergamon did a surprise attack from the east which cost them their city-states some turns later, after some hard battles.
    And of course not, they had the honor to slay Pyrrhos!

And now as you can see Antigonos is taking care of the yellow death:
    image hosting 15mb
    hang on, are you using a cinematic camera of some sort that darkens the corners of the screen, like in Rome II? didnt even know it was possible in M2TW... or is it my eyes?

EDIT: did you also increase cavalry unit sizes?
    Last edited by Sarkiss; July 03, 2016 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    hang on, are you using a cinematic camera of some sort that darkens the corners of the screen, like in Rome II? didnt even know it was possible in M2TW... or is it my eyes?

EDIT: did you also increase cavalry unit sizes?
    Yes, I use this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mod&highlight=

And yes I did, but not just cavalry, every unit.

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by CanOmer View Post
    Nabataeans took Alexandreia, turn 15
    ye, I had two games with Saba and Ptolemaioi always lost Alexandreia. AI have huge problems reinforcing conflict zones when AI vs AI battles also they had 2 full armies in Theron for no reason...( probably becouse it was they're closest settlement to me)
    Also it's sad how passive faction AI vs rebels is they do go for rebel cities but almost never after rebel armies.