Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

BRING ON THE 2.1 SCREENIES MY CHAPS

Started a Romani campaign, Hard Campaign Normal Battles. Had to deal with a full rebel stack besieging Ariminum, and 1 turn later a half Epeiros stack goes on and besieges Capua which just had my faction leader. Now my army from the north has forced marched back to Capua, but then focking Pyrrhus appears with a full stack...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Battle of Capua

Ive managed to defeat Pyrrhus now though, when i recaptured Capua he retreated to outside of Taras, and allowed me to further reinforce my main army. Nevertheless i'd still have lost the battle against him if i hadnt killed him near the end, which made all of them rout and now Taras is called Tarentum! Epeiros accepted a peace soon after (before they lost Taras and Pyrrhus died it was Very Demanding, after it i offered peace again and it was Very Generous, quite immersive )
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Someone PLEEEEEEASE play custom games and take screenshots of all the new units, especially the Romans and Greeks. My PC is busted, I have exams, no way I can play in the near future.

Do it for a fallen brother.

Good people, someone post the starting map. I can't play yet, I could maybe start tomorrow, what/where are new provinces, are starting positions changed, which are the new factions, post a pic to answer those questions, good people.

Do it for a brother who never fell, always stood upright.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingvarr1 View Post
    Good people, someone post the starting map. I can't play yet, I could maybe start tomorrow, what/where are new provinces, are starting positions changed, which are the new factions, post a pic to answer those questions, good people.

Do it for a brother who never fell, always stood upright.
    No new factions, that's something for a later update.

Starting positions: looks pretty much like the last update, only Pritanoi went to the south due to the fact that Britain lost a province. Mauretania too by the way. Two new provinces in Illyria instead, as fa as I can see it. Maybe someone else can helpif I missed something.

Four new provinces; two in Illyria (one taken from Britain, one from Mauretania); one in the eastern steppe just below the Saka's starting province (taken from the Baltic); one in southern Arabia (moved from eastwards up the coast).

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    Someone PLEEEEEEASE play custom games and take screenshots of all the new units, especially the Romans and Greeks. My PC is busted, I have exams, no way I can play in the near future.

Do it for a fallen brother.
    Seconded. I'm sure many of us (myself included) are away from our EB computers for the next few days because of the holidays and would love to see the new units in action. I'm dying to see what Baktria and Saka got in the new release.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

Apparently the Saka didn't get much new in the way of factional units. But they got proper reforms now.

When I asked about Saka cataphracts:
    Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I'm afraid not. Someone was working on them, but didn't finish them in time for the update.

So it's some of the new steppe regionals; Dahae skirmishers, all the Skythians, new skins for the Pontic Spearmen. And the new settled regionals too, if you expand into India or Iran. That's about it, unfortunately. Along with possible-to-achieve reforms.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Four new provinces; two in Illyria (one taken from Britain, one from Mauretania); one in the eastern steppe just below the Saka's starting province (taken from the Baltic); one in southern Arabia (moved from eastwards up the coast).
    Does it means that we may expect Illyrian tribes as new faction, somewhere in future?

Quote Originally Posted by wermez View Post
    Does it means that we may expect Illyrian tribes as new faction, somewhere in future?
    Dont jinx it

At the very least it puts a little breathing room between Epirus and Rome.

Cohors_Evocata's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by wermez View Post
    I don't know about that, but there are some interesting hints about future plans in the new release.
    I tend to edit my posts once or several times after writing and uploading them. Please keep this in mind when reading a recent post of mine. Also, should someone, for some unimaginable reason, wish to rep me, please add your username in the process, so I can at least know whom to be grateful towards.

My thanks in advance.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited to find out who the New Guys are going to become

A few screens I took. In advance sorry for the image spam.

Last edited by Iskar; January 26, 2016 at 12:19 PM. Reason: duplicate picture removed by request

HaHawk,

I am also a Reshade user, and I just discovered that it is compatible with Medieval 2! However, I am having some serious issues. When using it with my steam version of M2TW, it worked flawlessly... but I play EB2 on my disk version due to more stability. When using Reshade with this version, it causes intense lag and extremely long loading screens on my mid-high end computer, even without any effects enabled. I hope you can help...

Quote Originally Posted by perrypus View Post
    HaHawk,

I am also a Reshade user, and I just discovered that it is compatible with Medieval 2! However, I am having some serious issues. When using it with my steam version of M2TW, it worked flawlessly... but I play EB2 on my disk version due to more stability. When using Reshade with this version, it causes intense lag and extremely long loading screens on my mid-high end computer, even without any effects enabled. I hope you can help...
    Sounds like an issue with the installation of your disk version. Perhaps you could try to run the game in windowed mode (add windowed = 1 and borderless_window = 1 under [video] in medieval2.preference.cfg). If that doesn't work, you may just have to bite the bullet and play EB2 using Steam (if you want to use ReShade).

Out of curiosity, what is more stable about your disk version? I also play using Steam and haven't had any crashes or instability (knock on wood!).

HaHawk those screenshots are amazing. I downloaded and installed that ReShade and played around with lost of settings. Couldn't get it anything like as good as you and got lots of lag on campaign map. What settings did you use in the 1st set of pics ??
    Classical World - overhaul mod for Hegemony 3 , Clash of The Ancients. The Real Time Grand Strategy equivalent of Total War
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/classical-world-5

Quote Originally Posted by HaHawk View Post
    Sounds like an issue with the installation of your disk version. Perhaps you could try to run the game in windowed mode (add windowed = 1 and borderless_window = 1 under [video] in medieval2.preference.cfg). If that doesn't work, you may just have to bite the bullet and play EB2 using Steam (if you want to use ReShade).

Out of curiosity, what is more stable about your disk version? I also play using Steam and haven't had any crashes or instability (knock on wood!).
    With steam I would get constant crashes every 5-10 minutes on both the campaign and battle map... while I have not had a single crash after moving EBII to the disk version. I already have windowed and borderless windowed enabled. At this point I think I am going to try installing EBII on steam again, as Reshade is too good to miss out on

On a side note, I highly recommend Reshade to anyone wanting to improve the graphic of their game, it is very fun tweaking different settings to get the effect you want. I use it in all of my games, and you can add a lot without performance issues at all!

Quote Originally Posted by sgz View Post
    HaHawk those screenshots are amazing. I downloaded and installed that ReShade and played around with lost of settings. Couldn't get it anything like as good as you and got lots of lag on campaign map. What settings did you use in the 1st set of pics ??
    Thanks man. I'm still learning when it comes to ReShade and haven't ever shared settings before. I think it's as easy as copying a folder into the presets directory (...\ReShade\PersonalFiles\Presets). Try this link and extract the sgz folder into the presets directory. When you're in EB2, open up ReShade (Mediator) and the "sgz" preset should be there... Let me know if it works!