Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

We are tweaking the AI some more... The Ptolemies despite losing Alexandria usually get it back soon and horde Nabatu. On the same time they easily swallow up the Arche at the very start since for some reason AS doesn't want to defend it's cities.

But that's a story for another thread

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    We are tweaking the AI some more... The Ptolemies despite losing Alexandria usually get it back soon and horde Nabatu. On the same time they easily swallow up the Arche at the very start since for some reason AS doesn't want to defend it's cities.

But that's a story for another thread
    I noticed that this exact same thing happened in my own Koinon Hellenon campaign with the Ptolemies and Nabatu, about 50 turns in. However, I didn't just sit idly by and wait for the Ptolemies to react. They'd been weakened by the Seleukids anyway, so I swooped in and I TOOK THEIR GOLDEN CITY OF ALEXANDRIA from the Nabatu! Muhahahaha! Now the Ptolemies are weakened still...and more! They've been humiliated! They've lost their chief city to me! The fools. With that noticeable taxation and trading boost, my expansion throughout the Mediterranean was partly funded and greatly enhanced. So thank you, Nabatu! Thank you for giving me Alexandria without ever once having to unsheath my sword against the Ptolemies!

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Yes, I use this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...mod&highlight=

And yes I did, but not just cavalry, every unit.
    i'd be interested in that. whats the logic behind the increases, what is the system on which you've implemented this (assuming there is one)?

also, how does it impact on the sieges, pathfinding etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Rarilmar View Post
    ye, I had two games with Saba and Ptolemaioi always lost Alexandreia. AI have huge problems reinforcing conflict zones when AI vs AI battles also they had 2 full armies in Theron for no reason...( probably becouse it was they're closest settlement to me)
    Also it's sad how passive faction AI vs rebels is they do go for rebel cities but almost never after rebel armies.
    garrison script for the capitals would at the very least prolong factions holding on to their key settlements. always frustrating to see that, i.e. Numidians capturing Carthage in a first few turn etc.

CanOmer's Avatar Centenarius

Last edited by CanOmer; July 04, 2016 at 01:24 PM.
    My Submods For Europa Barbarorum II Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.3 ;

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Rarilmar View Post
    ye, I had two games with Saba and Ptolemaioi always lost Alexandreia. AI have huge problems reinforcing conflict zones when AI vs AI battles also they had 2 full armies in Theron for no reason...( probably becouse it was they're closest settlement to me)
    Also it's sad how passive faction AI vs rebels is they do go for rebel cities but almost never after rebel armies.
    Same happened to me with Ptolemaioi, after only 30 turns or so.

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    There is only one God among men boy.

Command goes to 11 when attacking

Campidoctor

I wonder if the 4:3 aspect ratio is the intended 'true' resolution for the game engine. Since the game takes screenshots in that aspect ratio with the built in function, and the widescreen version looks a bit stretched out. But actually that's the part I can't tell. If the widescreen does in fact look stretched out, or if the narrower one looks too scrunched up. I don't know which is the real one. Did the people working on the mod assume widescreen is the default and make everything based on that? Is that even possible? So far I'm keeping converted jpegs of the tga's with both aspect ratios, haven't decided which I'm going with for posting more screenshots or whatever based on which one has more realistic looking human proportions for the models.

In the meantime, here's one of each for this mercenary phalanx phace off.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Love the screenshots here, people!

There's a lot of people using cavalry-heavy armies here, makes the game quite a bit easier.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There's a lot of people using cavalry-heavy armies here, makes the game quite a bit easier.
    This is long before the shock cavalry of medieval Europe's knights, but even in the Hellenistic world cavalry was king, was it not? They were in short supply, of course, but they were extremely valuable for flanking, screening, and ultimately routing enemy forces. They were instrumental in the ole "hammer and anvil" tactics of Alexander the Great and his generals. They were instrumental to some of Hannibal's most celebrated victories in Italy during the Second Punic War. They were instrumental in the Roman defeat by the Parthians at Carrhae (albeit with horse archers and cataphracts in that instance). Even the Romans got around to employing more and more (auxiliary) cavalry as their Republic and then their Empire expanded in all directions.

In either case, thanks for the pics, gentlemen! Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    This is long before the shock cavalry of medieval Europe's knights, but even in the Hellenistic world cavalry was king, was it not? They were in short supply, of course, but they were extremely valuable for flanking, screening, and ultimately routing enemy forces. They were instrumental in the ole "hammer and anvil" tactics of Alexander the Great and his generals. They were instrumental to some of Hannibal's most celebrated victories in Italy during the Second Punic War. They were instrumental in the Roman defeat by the Parthians at Carrhae (albeit with horse archers and cataphracts in that instance). Even the Romans got around to employing more and more (auxiliary) cavalry as their Republic and then their Empire expanded in all directions.
    My working rule of thumb is maximum of two FMs and no more than two other cavalry units. More than that, and you will almost certainly outnumber any cavalry the AI brings, unless it's a steppe faction.

I have two different approaches to the cavalry issue.

1. Have as few as possible, because they're damn expensive.

2. Follow historical army composition. If cavalry comprised 1/5 of a certain army, I'll follow that. But that does not mean 4 units out of 20. It means exactly 20% of the total manpower. It could be 5 or 6, or more, depending on the size of the infantry units.

I usually stick with approach 1 in the early stages, while the economy is still weak.
    Last edited by Rad; July 06, 2016 at 08:10 AM.

My first campaign with EB2.2b, Rome VH campaign, H battles. But I find campaign too easy. I took Sicily, Sardinia and Corsica in 4 turns from Carthage and made peace with them. There were only 9-10 units in these 5 cities.

Used sub mods:

- Campaign Victory Condition Maps for EB 2.2b
    - Clean Campaign Mini Map for EB 2.2b
    Last edited by CanOmer; July 06, 2016 at 08:59 AM.

Kill those rebels, they're screwing with your income

from back then when fatalities were still in the mod:

poor guy about to get his head chopped off xd

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Playing as Koinon Hellenon I'd thought I wasn't using cavalry enough; at most one unit, usually just Hippokontistai. Only in the last few turns have I started adding more, which is just one more unit of the same. I don't have a huge issue with making the game too easy 'cause I suck in battles. My only real interest is in accuracy.

Anyway, a few turns ago I fought an AWESOME battle against Epeiros and I wish I'd remembered to take some screenies. The Epirote army, consisting of two stacks one of which was led by Pyrrhos and contained a unit of Varu elephants, linked up and forced me to attack. The AI was superb; I sent my skirmishers forward and my hoplites and phalanx not far behind. Pyrrhos left his own skirmishers, a few peltasts and hoplites and his Varu to meet this force, and realligned the rest of his heavies - including his phalanx - facing my left flank. He then charged with this force, attempting to roll my flank while on the right a fast-moving force of Akatontistai and Kretan Peltasts fought a running duel with a horde of angry elephants.

Was a great battle, in which my Spartans took massive casualties but held, vastly outnumbered, against the hammer force on the left flank while my skirmishers and hoplites dealt with their skirmishers and the elephants before they could turn and face the main body of Pyrrhos' army. In the end we won, Pyrrhos was captured and Thermon was brought into the Chremonidean Alliance (so called affectionately after the late Chremonides, who fell some years earlier against the Makedonians and has been ably led since by King Areus of Sparta).

I'll remember to take screenies in future.

It was a bright day so I took a lot of screenshot.

Some screenies from my siege of Byzantium (playing as Pergamon).

I bet even the Ottomans couldn't have done better

Campidoctor

Beautiful screenshots by everyone! Wow. But I guess it's hard to take bad ones with EBII, huh?

General screenshot related question hoping someone might have an answer to. Anyone know why, when using the built in M2TW screenshot function, sometimes the Pause overlay will appear on screen and other times it won't?

And now, a couple of screenshots of Illyrian hoplites charging my Athenian and Korinthian ones in service of the Makedonian Basileus up in Illyria itself. Sure they're defending their homes. But they're still the bad guys. Okay?