Page 43 of 53 FirstFirst ... 183334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    I wonder if anyone has ever done so... I'm over two irl years into a campaign, 700 or so turns, and the world is split east and west between me (Makedonia) and my Greek allies, Pergamon. I can't imagine slogging through a war with them to take over a whole other half of the map after all this.
    Pictorial proof or it didn't happen!

Campidoctor

Rome has fallen.
    Spoiler for 132 B.C.

Thirty-five years later, the last great non-Hellenic empire will know what it means to become civilized. Makedonia begins its invasion of Carthage.
    Spoiler for 97 B.C.

The first years of the war see many great battles as Sicily and eastern Iberia are synchronously invaded, conquered, and subdued.
    Spoiler for 97 B.C. - 95 B.C.

The next year will see the invasion of Afrika, as well as the continued subjugation of Iberia. The wholesale slaughter of the enemies of Hellenism has only just begun.
    Spoiler for 95 B.C.

@Dooz: I do miss those phalanxes. They make great shots. Thank you for sharing.

Campidoctor

94 B.C. was a bloody year.

Spoiler for Beginning of 94 B.C.
    Three Makedonian armies already operating in Iberia would continue their push west. Having blockaded the straits between it and Afrika, the southern coast was quickly swallowed up by a grizzled old commander making a name for himself in the peninsula. Meanwhile, having subdued Sicily, four more armies would launch across the Mediterranean and onto the northern coastline of Afrika. Large clashes ensued. Qart-Hadasht was among the lands taken, its people nearly vanished into the mists of history, the rest to the slave mines of the Empire.
    Spoiler for 94 B.C. Battles of the Coasts

At year's end, Makedonian armies had established more than a foothold along the coasts. Few Carthaginians were spared from death or chains.
    Spoiler for End of 94 B.C.
    The conquering Imperial forces would spend the next year establishing unquestioned authority, stamping out any resistance with impunity. There would be many more great battles to come in the following years, many more lives lost and taken, many more lands blessed by the grace of Hellenism.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Here's an album with a few more images. Because I got a fever. And the only prescription, is more screenshots.

Great work and images Dooz! I would upvote you but you just destroyed my favorite faction
    So my upvote for you will be on the other thread related with the conquest of Britain

The next year will see the invasion of Afrika, as well as the continued subjugation of Iberia. The wholesale slaughter of the enemies of Hellenism has only just begun.
    Large clashes ensued. Qart-Hadasht was among the lands taken, its people nearly vanished into the mists of history, the rest to the slave mines of the Empire....

...At year's end, Makedonian armies had established more than a foothold along the coasts. Few Carthaginians were spared from death or chains.
    Excellent screenshots and awesome, way better screen resolution/graphics settings with anti-aliasing than mine due to my crap laptop computer. Thanks for sharing! I also like your Blitzkrieg-style expansion and reports about your commanders and what they are doing. Very cool! But seriously, dude, it sounds like you're an evil conqueror. I mean, the Romans sacked and burned Carthage, but they peacefully occupied Utica when it surrendered on negotiated terms. Even the Romans, who otherwise fed criminals to lions in the arena and forced gladiator slaves to fight each other, weren't entirely savage or barbaric when it came to granting clemency to former enemies.

In other words, it sounds like you always hit the "enslave" button instead of the "occupy"/"sack" the city or "release"/"ransom" the prisoners buttons. Come on, man! Have a little variety! Variety is the spice of life, and also a good sign that you're not a total psychopath.

Campidoctor

93 B.C. mostly saw occupation, consolidation, and preparation for further conquest.
    Spoiler for 93 B.C.
    It was at the turn of the next year that bloodshed would begin anew as Carthaginian forces would launch reinforcements and assaults towards their recently lost territories. Makedonia marched ahead to meet them in force, resulting in brutal clashes. Two armies would push further inland, into the deserts, while the other two continued east along the northern coast. Meanwhile, the last Iberian villages, towns, and cities still under Carthage's control would fall to the might of the besieging Makedonian phalanxes.
    Spoiler for Conquests of 92 B.C.

By the end of 92 B.C., the numbers of dead were mind numbing. But there was more to come.
    Spoiler for 92 B.C.
    Album with a few more screens from these battles. Cause there is a 100 screenshot limit I just learned.

Campidoctor

The Makedonian Military Machine rolled on throughout 91 B.C. without much serious resistance to slow it down.
    Spoiler for Beginning of 91 B.C.
    The final Iberian tribes claiming independence were destroyed in the corner of the peninsula, while the Afrikan armies continued their march west along the northern coast, eliminating all in their path.
    Spoiler for Battles of 91 B.C.

By the end of the year, so many ethnic Iberians had been killed it would seem impossible for them to ever rise again.
    Spoiler for End of 91 B.C.

Campidoctor

The Makedonians were mistaken in their belief that Iberia had been pacified. As soon as they sent two of the three peninsular armies out of Iberia and into northwestern Afrika to expedite the subjugation of the coastline of that enormous landmass, Lusitania exploded into revolution.
    Spoiler for Beginning of 90 B.C.
    But now those two armies were otherwise engaged in Afrika and could not quickly return to quell the revolt. They would, however, destroy the remaining Carthaginian armies in the far west of the continent, one of which was made up almost wholly of Iberian troops, fighting against the encroaching Makedonians any way and anywhere they could. Another was a fully heavily armed and equipped main Carthaginian army, also destroyed by the unstoppable phalanx. Other notable battles included the continuing deep desert expedition of one of the Makedonian generals, slaughtering all who took up arms against his army, installing mercenary leadership to keep the peace in their name. As well, a huge roving band of nomadic Numidian nobles who had been given apparent free reign under Carthaginian dominion of Afrkia, was now finally put to rest for good.
    Spoiler for Battles of 90 B.C.

By the end of the year, the writing on the wall was clear for all of Makedonia's enemies. Death or capitulation were the only options. If you were lucky enough to be given an option. In the coming year, the rebelling tribes and nobles in Lusitania would not be given a choice.
    Spoiler for End of 90 B.C.
    Album with couplefew dozen more.

It must be said, of course that these are excellent screenshots all around by Dooz, so kudos to him for sharing all of that.

As for me, I'm too lazy to share all the pics of my latest Epeiros campaign. That's a lot of hard work, uploading, cutting, pasting. No! I don't wanna do it! Wah!

So for now, I'll just show a map of the latest save point of my campaign, turn 700, i.e. the year 98 BC. I might call it quits here...or I might help my Seleucid allies destroy the Sabaeans while I expand my client state, the Nabataeans in Arabia. Or just not. That also sounds like a lot of hard work! I don't wanna do it! Wah!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	700 BC.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	431.2 KB 
ID:	359323

Roma, you don't play games... Well, you do, but you don't

Campidoctor

Doomed stand of youth

Charge of the Athenians

Clash of eternals

Between a spike and a sharp place

Great shots, Dooz. I particularly like the first one. It has a personal quality to it.

Coming in with one my own. Just fought a second siege defense of Luppae. Arguably, it is bloodiest struggle I have had yet.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Great screenshots as always, Dooz!

A screenshot of my Koinon Hellenon campaign, which I've unfortunately had to abandon with my new computer as explained in this thread...got up to turn 500 at least before abandoning ship, but I might start a new KH campaign, as painful as that is after building such a huge empire over several months. I was in the process of moving into central Gaul by 148 BC:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cookiegod latin signature banner ROMA_VICTRIX SUPREME iWAUOXU.png  

Lost a general (on land) to the world's most violent localized sea storm.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Surfer?

Name:	kh1.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	179.1 KB 
ID:	360696

Name:	kh2.PNG 
Views:	44 
Size:	408.4 KB 
ID:	360695

KH Campaign Hard turn 100 report. Considering I managed to squeeze the most potential of all my generals, managed to have 0 Atimia so far, and now have a basis of comparison with other Helenic factions, I think my guide might be made after all, upon finishing this campaign. Notice the ungodly amount of money, specially trade, from such a small empire.

I'm surprised to see such small income from mining though. Did you repair mines in Pella?

I did and was in the process of upgrading them. Maybe my mining income is not huge because I didn't bother building mines in places where they wouldn't be ludicrously profitable. That or the lack of a miner governor there.

Above we can see the result of Western Gaul top government retraining, and battle veterancy extended via druidic necromancy.