Page 18 of 53 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

gustave's Avatar Semisalis
    Patrician

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

Note that the Moddb page was updated with a lot of pictures.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by gustave View Post
    Note that the Moddb page was updated with a lot of pictures.
    I just left a bunch of comments.

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160607221330_1.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	608.7 KB 
ID:	337613
    Hamilcar Barca (yep it's the actual one =) ) watches as his forces assault syracuse.
    I would have taken more pics but this battle kept me on edge it lasted around 1 1/2 hours and the syracusans fought to the last men. A reason more for their enslavement after the battle xD

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

^ Looks awesome! Am I the only one who thinks that cities like Syracuse should start out as huge cities in the game, not minor cities? The only large city on the entire campaign map is Carthage. Seems like a waste to have the awesome huge city models for cities when they are rarely used. I've never seen any faction produce a huge city on their own until roughly the end of the 2nd century BC. By then I've conquered most of the Mediterranean, so it really decreases the chances of seeing one on the battle map too.

Speaking of sieges on the battle map, Makedonia recently besieged me at Athens and it was the most glorious heroic victory I've ever had for KH. I cannot believe how smart and vicious the AI is! That siege was so full of tactical maneuvers and split-second decision street fighting that I could have easily lost the battle. My cavalry swinging around the back of troops unexpectedly is what routed many of them and won the day, yet even then the AI was smart enough to protect its flanks near the gate with sarissa phalanx pikemen, to shield fleeing troops being driven down the center by my main infantry force once their general was killed.

Goddamn this mod rocks!

I can't wait to have enough money to build me some Lithobolos siege artillery pieces, too.

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160607221330_1.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	608.7 KB 
ID:	337613
    Hamilcar Barca (yep it's the actual one =) ) watches as his forces assault syracuse.
    Nice image!

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    I would have taken more pics but this battle kept me on edge it lasted around 1 1/2 hours and the syracusans fought to the last men. A reason more for their enslavement after the battle xD
    Keep in mind that some of your most prominent families of Carthage can have family ties with some aristocrats of Syracuse

Man this Cav is so good , you can ride it into anything , pretty fun faction so far , still the Selucids lackey atm getting pimped by them for 3K a year , had a short war with Pontus , killed a few armies then they were OK with a ceasefire , just in building mode trying to build up the garrisons .

Still being pimped by the Grey death

these guys a nice new addition , can get them almost anywhere in the starting area

Here's a little picture I took, for the glory of Carthage!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I was playing as Pontos and was fixing to bring an end to the kingdom of Armenia. As I was besieging their capital defended by their prince, the king's army returned to lift the siege and a bloody battle ensued. An early cavalry charge on a flank mostly made up of tribesmen and archers tipped the scale in my favor and my cavalry's return behind their lines routed them. Unfortunately my king died while defending the other flank from about 9 units of cavalry but my line miraculously held on and I captured the entire royal family there and then. Ensued this:

Still sold them into slavery. Bastards killed my king.
    The only thing you cannot do with a bayonet is sit on it. Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord,1st Prime Minister of France, Prince of Benevento.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Love all these pictures. Carthaginian hordes, entire royal families captured and DAMN but those Galatianised spearmen look awesome. Makes me want to try Armenia, now.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tures-for-EBII

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post

Man this Cav is so good , you can ride it into anything , pretty fun faction so far , still the Selucids lackey atm getting pimped by them for 3K a year...
    beautiful cavalry indeed, Arshak did a splendid job on them.

but something isnt right here. are you still paying tribute? getting Pan-Cuacasian reforms requires Mtskheta to be caprtured and that triggers war with Seleucids after which you cannot go back tributary status (only neutral or allied). did Seleucids declare war on you when you attacked Mtskheta?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarkiss View Post
    beautiful cavalry indeed, Arshak did a splendid job on them.

but something isnt right here. are you still paying tribute? getting Pan-Cuacasian reforms requires Mtskheta to be caprtured and that triggers war with Seleucids after which you cannot go back tributary status (only neutral or allied). did Seleucids declare war on you when you attacked Mtskheta?
    The town in the north ? , anyway they did not declare war , just keep getting pimped for the 3k a year .
    I installed the 2.2a patch so i'm done with that one for now & onto a Parthian campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by xHolyCrusader View Post

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tures-for-EBII
    Straight to the moddb pics section.

Are the Galatianised spearmen in the game? I was testing the new units in custom battles, but i couldn't locate these guys in any roster, in any period whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by shiraio View Post
    Are the Galatianised spearmen in the game? I was testing the new units in custom battles, but i couldn't locate these guys in any roster, in any period whatsoever.
    Not formally. They're using the Thureophoroi as a placeholder because they'd been expected for 2.1b, but didn't arrive. Their modeller is in a rather dangerous part of the world, we're hoping he's just been busy.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Not formally. They're using the Thureophoroi as a placeholder because they'd been expected for 2.1b, but didn't arrive. Their modeller is in a rather dangerous part of the world, we're hoping he's just been busy.
    Oh dear,I hope the region which he lives not controlled by IS.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    So that's why their unit profile picture looked familiar.

Yeah, hope he's OK, wherever he is.

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    The town in the north ? , anyway they did not declare war , just keep getting pimped for the 3k a year .
    yes, it is Iberian town there.

I just checked (2.2a) and script is broken, no declaration of war. that isnt supposed to happen, you should not be able to get away with attacking Seleukid allies and building empire right under their nose. there is a rebel half stack in the province and it attacked my army (before i could reach the city) and being reinforced by the Mtskheta garrison. so, not sure if removing that stack would resolve it or the script got broken somehow? the notification when clicking on Mtskheta still pops up as intended by the war script doesnt kick in, which isnt right.