Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

Zadrakarta isn't part of the town for which you need large farms to trigger the imperial reform for Phalava.

Hitting the population level for upgrading the city walls right in time before the plague starts to decimate the population?
    Furthermore, I believe that Rome must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdgriffin View Post
    Zadrakarta isn't part of the town for which you need large farms to trigger the imperial reform for Phalava.
    Indeed it is not, but I was quite invested into it anyways. Hekatompylos was, and it was hit by a tremor just after upgrading the walls, killing the (then) current faction heir. I should probably change the name of the city to Enenitapylos or the Parsi equivalent after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Satapatiš View Post
    Hitting the population level for upgrading the city walls right in time before the plague starts to decimate the population?
    In the exact same turn, in fact. If I didn't queue the walls there, I would see the plague going away just when I was about 4k people.

Italian Summer, 167 B.C.E.

Well, at least I tried...

Last edited by Satapatiš; July 15, 2020 at 12:43 PM.

Wanton Hellenism vs the Pamphylian freedom gland inflammation.

The Molossians did this.

The Ancient Ottoman Empire is shaping up nicely.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

A few border skirmishes with troops who might not be as lucky as the tastefully well dressed Greeks or Iranians but still do not look half bad.

[IMG][/IMG]

I settled the Sarmatians on turn 42. Probably could've done it in 30 turns if I didn't waste 10 turns clearing out the rebels near the starting capital. The goal is to capture settlements already at Large Town levels. Trapezous, Sinope, and Amaseia fit the bill. Along with Pantakapiaon and Chernossos (which needs to grow a bit first), these settlements will help you trigger the reforms extra early. As a bonus in Amaseia and Trapezous you can train Iranian Heavy Cavalry, which will help you against any Armenian incursions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    I settled the Sarmatians on turn 42. Probably could've done it in 30 turns if I didn't waste 10 turns clearing out the rebels near the starting capital. The goal is to capture settlements already at Large Town levels. Trapezous, Sinope, and Amaseia fit the bill. Along with Pantakapiaon and Chernossos (which needs to grow a bit first), these settlements will help you trigger the reforms extra early. As a bonus in Amaseia and Trapezous you can train Iranian Heavy Cavalry, which will help you against any Armenian incursions.
    Kinda underwhelming as far as reforms go, in my opinion. You don't get anything new in nomadic and pastoral regions (can't even get Local Colonies there). But it does make them a bit interesting, being the only permanently nomadic factions in the game. Just not very interesting, gameplay-wise.

Yeah, it would be nice too be able to settle, would it be just a tribal nation someplace, but I'm not big on Sarmatian history did they actually settled and centralised? or maybe there should be like some reform for some more interesting nomadic "infrastructure" or governement buildings to simulate the clan/tribe/name it that are part of the sarmatian conferderacy?

Bala mechanics makes the faction very fun tho IMHO as I have sent sarmatians raids deep in hellas/pontus/western europe, balancing the supply limits raiding traits and bala beeing a goal is so much fun, I've built most of the royal clan members to beeing nart and I have such characters vibrant memories of them fighting against lugian/suebic/ celtic etc...
    I need to check export descr buildings to check where I should build a staging ground/retraining area for raids further into western europe, fully mounted armies are so much fun I want to try and fight everyone, fighting lightly armored infantry and cavalry sounds like quite a fun thing

It's hard to anticipate the alternative history for a nomadic faction becoming settled, because those who did settle down approached the transition in different ways. Persians, Parni, Mongols, each one of these came with their own way of doing so. There's no universal model to follow to base the in-game reforms on. It mostly depended on what settled cultures were already there to influence the incomers.
    I think Sarmatian mechanics are good. Not much more can be said and done about the people who didn't settle in a centralized manner.
    Last edited by Satapatiš; July 27, 2020 at 03:10 PM.

Apollonios the Negotiator. Convinced Seleucid satraps to give up their satrapies faster than the royal army could catch up and stabilize them.

The Balkanization of Anatolia. Upon acquiring the vast Iranian Plateau in what became known as the Iranian Purchase (alternatively the Seleucid Folly), Apollonios recommended that the capital be moved to, ironically, the former enemy-turned-cashcow's capital of Seleukia. However, this meant that the western Anatolian Hellenes began rising up against their distance overlords. Basileus Alexandros knew that he had to get something out of losing Anatolia, so he decided to grant the western Greeks stewardship of Anatolia. Alexandros was cunning, though. He intentionally divvied up the rich provinces between the two warring powers of the Antigonid Dynasty and the Koinon Hellenon. This effectively ensured that Anatolia would be in a constant state of turmoil and conflict, and would never unite to pose a threat to the Ptolemaic Dynasty's new western borders

To Alexandros' delight a pretender king claiming to be a descendant of Attalos rallied the Pergamenes against their Antigonid stewards. The region further spiraled into warfare and destruction as Alexandros laughed from his royal court in Seleukia.

The Art of the Deal

I flipped Antiochea from my Seleucid allies for 30,000 mnai to achieve the Imperial Reforms. Upon giving it back (after wiping it clean of useful infrastructure, of course) every last god damn elephant left on the planet congregated there to celebrate the occasion. The Seleucids now have 800 (80 in-battle models x 10 roleplaying multiplier) elephants to play with. I think I'll wait until those poor beast have been expended fighting off the hording Nabataeans before betraying the Seleucids.
    On the plus side, Imperial Hayastan on turn 89. Totally worth making the Indian Elephant functionally extinct.

I put the 20,000 mnai to good use

Couple of shots from a cinematic reshade preset I've been working on the last while. Taken at 5k resolution with a big performance hit to go along with it running all those effects on top.

Still in the early 20s fps wise though at least thanks to there being so much headroom running an old game on modern hardware. It has to be disabled in the menu and most likely the campaign until I figure out how to use the UI features in reshade and fine tune the lighting for the campaign.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

d

Last edited by agent 47; October 11, 2020 at 07:37 PM.

Those Greek and Carian cities to the south of you look ripe for liberation from Egyptian tyranny.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    Those Greek and Carian cities to the south of you look ripe for liberation from Egyptian tyranny.
    Yep! Sadly I had to conquer them instead of buying them, triggering a war with the Ptolemaic Empire. But fear not, I then used the extra income to buy Side and then organize a ceasefire with them (if you don't border a faction they'll PAY you money for a ceasefire). Money > sword.

@QuintusSertorius Nabatu Imperial Reforms are working after your fix