Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 227424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1051

Thread: Post Your Screenshots

Default Re: Post Your Screenshots

Some screen's of my Taksashila campaign. Awesome mod, thanks EB team!

Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links

Interesting how one tile left and it would have been a river battle, and one tile next it is a siege, yet open battle was chosen.

Some screens from my Roma campaign(only defensive wars thus far, I attack only independent provinces).

So Pyrrus of Epirus fought in Greece constantly, conquered and lost Macedonia, then disappeared somewhere, I legit could not find him.

Then he appears in Cyrenica, also in Dalmatia, then disappears again.

Some turns later, after my war with the Greeks, Pergamnon, out of the blue, decides to take my hard earned Rhodes from me;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Unable to save it, or re-conquer it, I decide to instead take the fight to Byzantium, and lo and behold, my Macedonian allies actually join me;

after this, I go scout to see the situation in Rhodes since the Pergameze refuse to give it back in return for me giving back Byzantium, and suddenly,

there he is;

he conquered it, and I kinda just left it be so.

Meanwhile, the Greeks attacked me again on Krete and lower Epirus, failed, and now only have Athens.

I try to convince them to become a vassal in return for money and me giving Byzantium away to them, but for some reason, nobody wants to be a vassal in EBII :i

The AI sometimes positions itself quite wisely;

Last edited by Mamlaz; April 26, 2022 at 03:13 AM.

The fact that your Macedonian allies actually joined you in a fight against fellow Greeks is not only impressive, but also historical. Pyrrhus randomly appearing on Rhodes though... funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleitus the Pink View Post
    The fact that your Macedonian allies actually joined you in a fight against fellow Greeks is not only impressive, but also historical. Pyrrhus randomly appearing on Rhodes though... funny.
    It's quite in nature with his lack of long-term commitment to one goal. I'm certain that had he survived Argos IRL, he would have next fought for the Chinese

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    It's quite in nature with his lack of long-term commitment to one goal. I'm certain that had he survived Argos IRL, he would have next fought for the Chinese
    He is invading Crete now, after conquering Halicarnassus lol

Defending a village in Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post

You have my condolences

Sally this you filthy casual

This... can actually be a fantastic idea! There wouldn't be much time due to the sallying enemy, but if you pull this off, you have a barrier to protect the flank or disrupt the enemy

This is actually a genius idea. It can dull cavalry charges and protect against missiles. Very few cases of its use of course, but still genius. This makes me wish armies could build fortifications on the battlefield with the Med2 engine. That would've given Roman armies a definitive advantage against everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebopp View Post
    This... can actually be a fantastic idea! There wouldn't be much time due to the sallying enemy, but if you pull this off, you have a barrier to protect the flank or disrupt the enemy
    The rams spawn in a line, so all you have to do is select each and click at the side of the map, they turn, and you can abandon them then, but it leaves a bit more room, or sacrifice about 10-15 seconds more for them to close the gaps,
    abandoning the rams as they touch each other.

All in all some 15-20 secs, while the AI is still forming outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleitus the Pink View Post
    This is actually a genius idea. It can dull cavalry charges and protect against missiles. Very few cases of its use of course, but still genius. This makes me wish armies could build fortifications on the battlefield with the Med2 engine. That would've given Roman armies a definitive advantage against everyone else.
    It protects against everything, and allows you to protect the center with fewer, stretched out troops, extending your line to outflank the enemy.

Keep in mind that in some maps, your troops get the height advantage, so their javelins hit the enemy while the enemies largely get stuck in the rams, however, if there is no height advantage, then your javelins will also get stuck on the rams.

*record scratch* *freeze frame*

Yup, that's me.

Somehow one ends up like that

Crossing the Alps on elephants to see the Boii's;

Just losing armies of elite units it took ages to recruit to civilians even after sacking the cities;

Pergamnon sacked twice.

Even the highest influence governors don't do .

Can't expand slowly because the AI on hard campaign is mentally imbecile and keeps attacking me and blockading all my ports constantly, can't expand because cities revolt even when having full stacks in them.

Lost like 200 Pedites Extrodinarii already to this .

I will just keep exterminating the civilians until they understand.

Also, all defensive wars, not a single one started by me, yet still, my reputation went from immaculate to despicable, even though I ask for peace every turn end.

The only good faction are the Boii, allies for 80 turns, ma Boii's still good.

You have to specificially go out of your way to maintain public order in the mod. A big army can only do so much, so you have to build things that increase public order and avoid building those that decreases it or even destroy them. And did you know that influence actually does nothing regarding public order? If you think fiddling with offices is annoying, wait until you realize you have to check your family members traits individually to see if they don't have something giving +3 to unrest and actually can hold a hostile city. Or you can just rely on client rulers and hopefully by the time they die the unrest should have died down enough that you can put up your factional government instead. Most of the time this is good enough...but not always.

Yeah I understand that but at some point it becomes silly.

I sacked Pergamnon 3 times, and the last time I just installed a tributary state, recruited the client ruler, and the city then rebelled again and killed the client ruler lol

All in all I think I lost about 2000 troops to Pergamese civilians, and the city is now ruined, down from 18 000 to 2900 population, perhaps fourth time the charm.

I do watch for character traits and am careful.

IMO it doesn't make sense for a city to rebel with a full garrison in them just some months after it was conquered, it should rather be a good population order for some dozen turns before they start to rebel.
    Perhaps not even lowering public order but straight up just one turn revolt with the city turning rebel or shifting faction.

The Iberian cities have been stomped though, and are now in relative order.

Halikarnassos rebelled, but luckily just turned rebel city, and I do not have to re-conquer it, but just leave it be thank God.

Anywho, as for AI diplomacy, it would seem they all had a meeting, and I wasn't invited;