Thread: Settlements

Libertus

Default Settlements

Friends,
    today is a big day (not my birthday, but it also today). I would like to give you my Punic settlements for download. As I mentioned before, I will do this from now on without waiting for the big update.
    Since the settlements have no influence on the overall gameplay, they can be installed or removed at any time; they are all save compatible.
    Before you download the files, I would like you to read the following points carefully and consider them:
    1. Before installing, back up your “settlements” folder. If you are dissatisfied with my settlements, you can restore the old ones.
    2. When installing the computer will ask you if you want to replace the files, say yes.
    3. Punic settlement in EB2 is part of the Semitic culture, to which Saba also belongs. Saba will retain its old settlements after installation, but will no longer be accessible in custom battles.
    4. Villages are missing because there are no villages in EB2
    5. You will also notice that the Towns and Large Towns now have stone walls. This is more historical. You can now build siege towers and ladders during Siege of Towns. The other cultures will be the same, although they still have palisades. Don't worry, they'll all get stone walls at some point.
    6. I use high resolution textures, but since my computer died and I was forced to use a laptop, I realized that not all computers can handle the textures. If you get a message like "graphic error", you need to lower the texture settings.
    7. The settlements can be downloaded by everyone and used in other mods, but don't forget to mention me as the author.

From now on you can scroll down to the links.

But if you still have some time, you can also read the following lines about my motivations and further plans:
    When I started modeling the settlements for Medieval 2 mods a few years ago, I had no idea anything. The Punic settlements were like a training ground for me. You'll also notice that they combine many different ideas and concepts, both in terms of models and textures.
    Since then I have learned a lot and acquired many skills in 3D modeling and texturing. I would now like to use this skill and finally start creating Greek and Roman settlements. That's also the reason why I want to finally finish working on the Punic settlements. Therefore I would like to open my plans: Next project (as far as ancient is concerned) is western Greek and Roman settlements. Then Egypt. I will also be releasing Nuraghe and Medracen (wonders of the world) soon
    Since I can now work much faster and more effectively, the updates will appear much faster than before.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LpF...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by AriovistusSuebus; September 08, 2023 at 07:53 AM.

Default Re: Settlements

Congrats for the release! Really well done!

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Congratulations indeed, @Ariovistus!
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

This is great news Ariovistus. Well done on all your hard work. I am excited to hear and see more of your future projects.

Marble Emperor's Avatar Tiro

Congratulations Ariovistus! Also happy birthday!

Beautiful work! Personally--especially the way AI thinks--I would remove the concentric sets of city walls; sieges are a sore point in the game, and putting walls within walls complicates things.

Thank you and happy belated birthday!
    Mouzafphaerre, aka Urwendur, Urwendil...

Very beautiful work, more, more, more!

Libertus

Friends, thank you very much. I am happy that you like it.

The wonder package is ready:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TcU...ew?usp=sharing

The package contains two wonders: Medracen in Numidia and Nuraghe Arrubiu in Sardinia.
    This package can only be used together with the Punic settlements.
    Both wonders can be seen in the main game and custom battles.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I've said it elsewhere, but I'll say it again here, thanks for sharing all of this, Ariovistus! Awesome stuff. One of the best modifications to a mod of M2TW that has ever been done. Can't wait to see your Western Greek, Eastern Greek, and Roman settlement models too!

Congratulations! I've been following the previews and these look absolutely superb, great work.