Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Stop Barbarian Empires! (0.0.1)

Default Re: [Submod] Stop Barbarian Empires! (0.0.1)

Thanks Dresden! So we cant change occupation options on a sub-culture or even religion basis right?

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

I think it means we have to assign the right factions to the right sub culture, and create new religions for them...
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

ok good luck with that if you're up for it

if it were possible to change occupation options dynamically through scripting I have different ideas, but would require someone who knows how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
    ok good luck with that if you're up for it

if it were possible to change occupation options dynamically through scripting I have different ideas, but would require someone who knows how to do it
    Yeah I think we´d need either Litharion´s, Dresdens or Mitch´s help for scripting,i certainly have no idea about it...

Now it´s jsut knowing what´s more difficult to learn, making new religions or learning to script ;-P

"I concur!"

​Me

LOL!

well im not very fond of the idea of messing with DEI's inner workings
    but learning to scrip right now is also beyond my capabilities, I have no clue where to even start. But if you start with it I will be interested in following your progress and may even join in

I too would be game to get into scripting, but like Peregrinus, I have no I idea where to start. Would love to have occupation options based on subculture as well.
    Two things...Don't pre-order Attila & Map Modding Tools

Is this small Submod dead? Found it so usefull, but dosn't seem to work that well in 1.03... Or is it just me? So sick of seing Averni conquer southern part of France and Cis alpinia... Specially Massili.

I believe it should work, but there are a number of different versions of the mod in this thread, in my last version for instances I set it up so barbarian civs can still expand, but only through looting, so they have to spend money on repairing and rebuilding before they get a working region. Also some people have reported crashes because of the loot option and other things I think.

There have been no new updates because for this mod to move forward someone with good knowledge of scripting should get his hands on it and do it for sub-cultures instead of for the base cultures, or even on a per-faction basis, that would be very nice. I think it cant be done by just changing tables, without messing too much with DEI's internal workings.

kruma's Avatar Civis

I believe it should work, but there are a number of different versions of the mod in this thread, in my last version for instances I set it up so barbarian civs can still expand, but only through looting, so they have to spend money on repairing and rebuilding before they get a working region. Also some people have reported crashes because of the loot option and other things I think.

There have been no new updates because for this mod to move forward someone with good knowledge of scripting should get his hands on it and do it for sub-cultures instead of for the base cultures, or even on a per-faction basis, that would be very nice. I think it cant be done by just changing tables, without messing too much with DEI's internal workings.
    How did u set up this expansion through looting? what did u edit in the pack? Can u share this may be ? Would be great!

My version of the mod can still be found in this link:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...5&d=1409487291

What I did was re-enable option for AI to choose to loot in one table, then I made barbarians only allowed to loot, sack and make clients.

For other changes refer to this post:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14062959

note some users reported crashes with some options, if you get them you should disable the mod then re-load autosave.
    I havent been using the mod but I too get the ocasional crash during AI turn, reloading always works fine and no need to mess with active mods.

kruma's Avatar Civis

My version of the mod can still be found in this link:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...5&d=1409487291

What I did was re-enable option for AI to choose to loot in one table, then I made barbarians only allowed to loot, sack and make clients.

For other changes refer to this post:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14062959

note some users reported crashes with some options, if you get them you should disable the mod then re-load autosave.
    I havent been using the mod but I too get the ocasional crash during AI turn, reloading always works fine and no need to mess with active mods.
    I use now your version from the first link but I played for about an hour and a half and barbarians did not expand at all. How can i check if it works?

maybe the AI is refusing to use the loot option or some other factor is disabling it and then they dont expand. I believe you can disable the mod in the middle of a game and continue without it, to see if the AI expands with mod off

kruma's Avatar Civis

maybe the AI is refusing to use the loot option or some other factor is disabling it and then they dont expand. I believe you can disable the mod in the middle of a game and continue without it, to see if the AI expands with mod off
    is this in conflict with the Sack_liberate_dipl_mod by Dresden?

Quote Originally Posted by kruma View Post
    is this in conflict with the Sack_liberate_dipl_mod by Dresden?
    yes, they modify the same table, and to be honest, i actually started from dresdens mod, and just changed a few things...

"I concur!"

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    yes, they modify the same table, and to be honest, i actually started from dresdens mod, and just changed a few things...
    yea and I started with yours, all's fair... hehehe

kruma's Avatar Civis

but only with ur mod guys i cant sack and i liked it
    Last edited by kruma; January 22, 2015 at 10:06 AM.

Yea I disabled sack for everyone except barbarians and easterners in my version

I can make a different version if you tell me what you want, bit short on time though, maybe Maetharin can help too

kruma's Avatar Civis

Well, i just want the sack back for me (rome).

Otherwise i think is best if u allow barbarian conquest only through razing ? is it not gonna be the costlies, costlier than loot?

May be i can edit myself, what table holds this?

Yea I think thats also a good option.
    If you can open the mod with pack manager, you should be able to understand how to change it, then just save it

jup that´s one of the easiest tables to mod^^ you will see what we mean when you open it

"I concur!"

​Me

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast