Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Stop Barbarian Empires! (0.0.1)

Default Re: [Submod] Stop Barbarian Empires! (0.0.1)

Update: I used your updated version and it works fine!
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Ok here's one other ideia I had that would be cool if doable:

One scrip per culture or sub-culture, that would change the list of choices based on certain conditions.

For the barbarians:
    - if conquering another barbarian region, they could get option to Occupy, Loot, Liberate, Vassal
    - if conquering a region from a different sub-culture, they could get the option to Sack only

For Latin and Hellenes:
    - if conquering another civilized region, they could occupy, loot, raze, liberate and vassal (not sack)
    - if conquering a barbarian region, they could occupy, loot, raze, vassal (not sack, and liberate only if original owner is civilized)

For Eastern it could be a mix of barbarian and civilized.

You get the idea, this would need to be developed to decide every possible option.

One other possibility is to base it on the dominant culture, maybe this idea is even more interesting:

Suppose the Arveni are conquering Massilia, if the province is dominated by Hellenic culture, they only get the option to Sack, but if dominant culture is Celtic, then besides Sack they are able to Loot (occupying with the cost of damaging buildings).

Another scenario, suppose Rome is conquering Genoa, if region is dominated by celtic culture, they get the option of Looting, Razing and Vassaling, but if region already has over 50% latin influence, then they can Occupy as well, and possibly not Raze.

Between civilized cultures, same as above.

Between barbaric cultures, if culture is barbarian as well, they should be able to occupy, loot, raze, vassal. If culture is not barbaric, maybe loose Occupy option and gain Sack instead (still able to loot or raze and conquer the region).

I highly doubt this is possible. I don't think AI factions "know" what culture the faction they're dealing with is
    ♠ We Few, We happy few, We Band of Brothers
    For He who sheds His blood with me shall be my Brother ♠

CPU
    : i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz, Water Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12 pull), MoBo: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4,
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1866MHz CL9Red, GPU: ASUS DCIIOC GTX 770, PSU: Corsair AX750,
    Case: Corsair 500r White, SSD: Samsung 840 128gb, Optical: LG BH16NS40 OEM Blu-ray Writer,
    Monitors: Alienware AW2310 23.6" & Samsung UA40ES6200, Audio: Creative T20 Series II &
    Sony HTCT260H, Keyboard: Logitech G510 & K400r, Mouse: Logitech Anywhere Mouse

Yea I dont know if it would be possible through scripting.

Would be a nice mechanic, build the choices for both AI and human depending on attacker culture and region culture.

Linke's Avatar Hazarapatish

I changed so the barbarians would be able to sack in the table Dresden had changed so that the game does not crash when they take your settlements, they will still not loot though.
    https://www.mediafire.com/view/f11tl...n_empires.pack

Joysong's Avatar Miles

is it possible to create this mod per faction? for example rom_ptolemaics.pack so that Egypt wont destroy Seleucid completely.

I am at about turn 145 and this mod causes turn resolve crashes, I started to remove certain aspects of it to see what was doing the crashing and it turns out that the fact the barbarians can make vassals and confederations causes the crash. If I remove their ability to do so it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    is it possible to create this mod per faction? for example rom_ptolemaics.pack so that Egypt wont destroy Seleucid completely.
    Its only possible to edit by grand culture so all Barbarians,romans,greeks and easterners/dessert nomadic can have individual ocupation options. However I find in my latest campaigns that the Ptolemies no longer destroy Seleucids, the Ptolemies go to war with Qarthadastim and never succeds in conquering all of Africa while the Seleucids in my campaigns destroy most rebelling satraps and Media within 50 turns

Quote Originally Posted by vpapako View Post
    Sorry, what do you mean by overall culture?
    I think he means: Hellenic, Barbarian, Roman, Nomad, etc.

dmperu11's Avatar Civis

I think we should extend this to Arabian and African cultures as well
    "Tengo deberes sagrados que cumplir
    y los cumpliré hasta quemar el último cartucho" Francisco Bolognesi

KaerMorhen's Avatar Vicarius

The mod is step in right direction for sure. I find very intriguing Massilia as client state of Aedui attacking Liguria with Aeduis military support as backup

Linke, your version only allows barbarians to either: Loot or Raze.

I just tested it in a Suebi campaign. Just FYI, so you don't play too long with something you didn't intend to happen.

Best regards mate

// edit: found out this is because the mod has 1 dash for the packfile. added 2 dashes, now it's working fine.
    Last edited by Ritterlichvon86; November 23, 2014 at 03:41 AM.

Hey guys, just had an idea and figured I would throw it out there. But be aware, I'm not experienced and this is just an idea. Is there a possible way to tie the take settlement options to the cities themselves? In other words, say if you wanted to enable Carthage to take southern Italy but only have the option to sack Rome, not occupy or loot or raze? One could go nuts with historical expansion or German invasions of the Poe Valley....

Also, could you script it to only take settlements held by the player and only subjugate, liberate or sack options when it was AI vs AI? This forum is so rich with ingenuity that I'm sure one of us can figure out something close to this...

Love the submod btw, great step in the right direction

I have no idea if these things can be done, dont know how to script, but I will add my own question if someone who knows how to script cares to answer

Is it possible to make client states / satrapies unable to conquer new territories? They should stick with defending their own and supporting their master's territory. Sometimes I think its annoying when I have for instances Syracusae as my client state (playing as rome) and they end up conquering north africa (makes the game easier).

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
    I have no idea if these things can be done, dont know how to script, but I will add my own question if someone who knows how to script cares to answer

Is it possible to make client states / satrapies unable to conquer new territories? They should stick with defending their own and supporting their master's territory. Sometimes I think its annoying when I have for instances Syracusae as my client state (playing as rome) and they end up conquering north africa (makes the game easier).
    It is possible to script the AI to be defensive at certain points. Whether it is tied to the faction itself or can be tied to the faction being client/satrapy or not I dont know

I am really enjoying this Submod, Allows both player and AI to expand nice and slow. Hopefully you find ways to enhance it. The thrill of not going to war with the Suebi powerhouse of France and Germany is so sweet :-)

Please please update this.

It works with 1.0

Great

I'll also want to take another look at this. I havent installed DEI 1 yet, hope to do it later at home and check if there were any changes to the tables that handle this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast