Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Please join together with all other small bug reports into an (un)official non-game breaking bug thread

Default Re: Please join together with all other small bug reports into an (un)official non-game breaking bug thread

Thanks for the reply!

That sounds very interesting and I look forward to seeing it!

Default Re: Please join together with all other small bug reports into an (un)official non-game breaking bug thread

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelmaster View Post
    Thanks for the reply!

That sounds very interesting and I look forward to seeing it!
    I'm checking with the historians as to whether any existing units might act in their stead in the meantime, not really fair to simply have nothing at all.

EDIT: Not much use for your current game, but in 2.04h Patava now has some recruitment with an Allied Government.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; September 23, 2015 at 07:11 PM.

After fighting the siege of Lankia (Large camp on Asuria-Kantabria) I have to say that while I love the camp model, the pathfinding is messed up. Both their and my armies got spiderman powers prefering to fight in the vertical plan.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

z3n's Avatar State of Mind
    took an arrow to the knee

Have you found that it is a very common bug?
    This was a direct result of tampering with a certain exe based function in pathfinding that works with the internal algorithm which the BAI uses and individual units. I wish I had access to more than just one piece of code that has a dual purpose but like most of the pathfinding values it has a dual purpose and this is a direct result of that.

I'm not sure its worth changing as large/significant siege battles should be on the less common side. It's more of a last resort 'come and get me if you dare' strategy when the AI doesn't have enough troops to a) meet you in the field or b) ambush you or c) defend a bridge.
    The AI Workshop Creator
    Europa Barbaroum II AI/Game Mechanics Developer
    The Northern Crusades Lead Developer
    Classical Age Total War Retired Lead Developer
    Rome: Total Realism Animation Developer
    RTW Workshop Assistance MTW2 AI Tutorial & Assistance
    Broken Crescent Submod (M2TW)/IB VGR Submod (BI)/Animation (RTW/BI/ALX)/TATW PCP Submod (M2TW)/TATW DaC Submod (M2TW)/DeI Submod (TWR2)/SS6.4 Northern European UI Mod (M2TW)

alex33's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by alex33 View Post
    I'm not sure if it was already reported but iberi scutarii have soliferrum javelins when they march, but they turn to normal javelins or pila I'm not sure when they are thrown
    Another javelin bug i noticed! Iranian and Anatolian Hillmen don't have javelins in their hands when they are "reloading"

Quote Originally Posted by z3n View Post
    Have you found that it is a very common bug?
    This was a direct result of tampering with a certain exe based function in pathfinding that works with the internal algorithm which the BAI uses and individual units. I wish I had access to more than just one piece of code that has a dual purpose but like most of the pathfinding values it has a dual purpose and this is a direct result of that.

I'm not sure its worth changing as large/significant siege battles should be on the less common side. It's more of a last resort 'come and get me if you dare' strategy when the AI doesn't have enough troops to a) meet you in the field or b) ambush you or c) defend a bridge.
    Only found it once, but as you say, sieges are usualy avoidable (wich is a great feature!)

I think is more of a terrain/camp model issue, its hard to make that cliff impossible to climb?

Boii and Arverni have +1 experience bonus to troops trained here on their game field building. It might be the same for Aedui and Pritanoi..

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Boii and Arverni have +1 experience bonus to troops trained here on their game field building. It might be the same for Aedui and Pritanoi..
    They do. Some cultures give that from the game field. To be honest, they could do with the help.

Well why not? Just wanted to check if it's intentional.

I've fixed the Amber Route display-bug in Histria:

Attachment 331175

Will be in 2.05b.

This is probably just a matter of not being implemented yet, but in the Saba game I'm trying a few of the FMs have no ethnicity traits. This is for a couple of starting FMs, one that came of age and one that was adopted.

Quote Originally Posted by gosam View Post
    This is probably just a matter of not being implemented yet, but in the Saba game I'm trying a few of the FMs have no ethnicity traits. This is for a couple of starting FMs, one that came of age and one that was adopted.
    Correct, at present there are no Sabaen ethnicity traits.

Apani's Avatar Senator

Probably this has already been posted, but a double is better than zero...
    Bosporan government tree needs to be looked at. You can't build anything besides basic pacification in Olbia or the barbarian city to its north.

Quote Originally Posted by Apani View Post
    Probably this has already been posted, but a double is better than zero...
    Bosporan government tree needs to be looked at. You can't build anything besides basic pacification in Olbia or the barbarian city to its north.
    Already reworked in upcoming 2.06, not to worry.

Apani's Avatar Senator

Thanks. Is there a list of known bugs so that devs don't get superfluous reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Apani View Post
    Thanks. Is there a list of known bugs so that devs don't get superfluous reports?
    Given how many changes there have been since 2.01, the list would be vast. Best bet would be to check the spoiler-block of changes in the testing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanianWolf View Post
    After fighting the siege of Lankia (Large camp on Asuria-Kantabria) I have to say that while I love the camp model, the pathfinding is messed up. Both their and my armies got spiderman powers prefering to fight in the vertical plane.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I believe this is caused by a recent change in EBII's pathfinding which increased the angle that troops can climb; the original was something like 50 degrees but is now 80 (almost vertical). Z3N will have to confirm.

Testing client rulers in 2.06 and came across a few bugs

• The Iranian client ruler is bugged with the picture problems as has probably been noticed by now.
    • Client ruler not available in Bukharak or Nisaya, possibly Khiva as well.
    • Iberian client ruler has silver texture but correct models. Only the captains and banner holders show the correct texture.
    • Iberian client ruler from Erisana has the same ethnicity twice. 'Lusotannan' and 'leusitane' second one starts with lower case
    • In Pselkis, Ptolemais Theron and Hibis the client rulers are available but but get stuck in recruitment queue forever. I sent most of my FM to the bottom of the sea and the queue still did not budge. Perhaps 'village' settlements are unable to finish building client rulers?

I have not tested "african infantry client" or most of the settlments
    Last edited by Mantaprey; November 09, 2015 at 03:07 PM.

First one we know about, second is because I missed the hidden_resource "daha", so now fixed.

Third I believe is because no texture has been assigned to a particular faction - I'll look into that. I'll have to flag the fourth and fifth. Thanks for those.

A couple of minor bugs to add to the queue:

The Etruscan hoplites sometimes have a bugged death animation; the troop will spin around like a helicopter before freezing at an angle. I can try to figure out how to fix it, but perhaps someone else already knows an immediate workaround.

Texture or model error in desert map (I couldn't locate the issue in the textures... perhaps it is a lighting issue in the battle map?)