Page 1 of 44 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Please join together with all other small bug reports into an (un)official non-game breaking bug thread

Default Please join together with all other small bug reports into an (un)official non-game breaking bug thread

First of all, thank you EB team for this amazing piece of work. I am looking forward to enjoying the great atmosphere and descriptions of this fantastic modification (that is many times better than near all big budget games I've played).

As is usual with such gargantuan works that are still in the process of creating (or aspiring the creation of) a final product, small mistakes do creep in. This is normal, this is human and in no way a critique. We, the users of this open beta, are here to help you find these little oversights in your strive towards perfection.

EB Mods, feel free to edit this post/thread at will.

For now I'll be posting whatever I come accross here.

Default Re: Please join together with all other small bug reports into an (un)official non-game breaking bug thread

Pritanoi campaign

1. Potential Spelling error in the Sentus (Road) description: site --> sight

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

2. Missing unit card of Pritanoi diplomat (although this might be on purpose or just not yet created and an oversight on my part):

3. Description of the Province Kantion mentions "Belgium", which is kind of anachronistic. Galia Belgica or the Belgae perhaps. Again, ignore if on purpose and in-line with other descriptions:

4. Pritanoi Allied Government still mentions Casse.

Default Re: Please join together with all other small bug reports into an (un)official non-game breaking bug thread

Anyone elses game settings not saving? Especially video? And how would one make it fullscreen windowed? Alt tab seems to freeze my game

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

Go to video settings, toggle advance settings (if not already) at the bottum there's box you can click to toggle widescreen. Don't forget to click apply settings though!

Petite Wolf's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Martin N View Post
    Anyone elses game settings not saving? Especially video? And how would one make it fullscreen windowed? Alt tab seems to freeze my game
    To make it fullscreen windowed, go in to your EB2 folder - Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII is my one (or will be once my download finishes) - and look for EBII.cfg. Open that file with notepad and search for these:
    windowed = true
    borderless_window = true

If both are on true you should be able to get the game running in windowed fullscreen. If not, change them from "false" to "true" (minus the quotation marks.) If, however, it keeps reverting back or something, you may need to right click the cfg file, select "Properties", and click the "Read-Only" box down the bottom.

edit: They should be under the "video" section of the file once opened in notepad. If borderless_window isn't present, just add it in there. Make sure to copy the cfg file and place it elsewhere before making any changes, though, just in case something messes up.
    Last edited by Petite Wolf; August 25, 2014 at 05:42 PM.

Don't know if this is a bug or intentional - but Ippone, a Carthaginian town, grew large enough to upgrade to a large town on turn 14. I was expecting some sort of governor's mansion - but the upgrade building is Wooden Wall? It's titled Wooden Wall and "provides" wall stuff, but the description seems like it's for a government building of some sort - it says nothing about fortifications!

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Areukoi (or however you spell it -- Latin Arevaci, Greek is lame!) use the incorrect banner (Roman) for their settlements/armies:

screenshot
    Last edited by Geleco; August 25, 2014 at 05:49 PM.

Couple so far in my Bactria game

-I get a new family member through marriage and he starts off in starving status
    -regarding the 3000 payment to the Seleucids I have to make, 3000 should be automatically debited from my treasury when I click the tick, it however isn't and only worked the first time
    -No year visible

Quote Originally Posted by The Ferret View Post
    Don't know if this is a bug or intentional - but Ippone, a Carthaginian town, grew large enough to upgrade to a large town on turn 14. I was expecting some sort of governor's mansion - but the upgrade building is Wooden Wall? It's titled Wooden Wall and "provides" wall stuff, but the description seems like it's for a government building of some sort - it says nothing about fortifications!
    That's how Medieval 2 works. In Medieval 2 the building you use to upgrade a settlement is a wall. It's not a bug, but it is a bit weird to get used to if you don't have much M2TW experience.

Cancel offer details is represented by a tick
    confirm offer details is represented by an X
    this is in the diplomacy screen when offering money btw

To recap the ones above:

- Pritanoi typos posted for fixing
    - Pritanoi Diplomat: Uh-oh. And not just him - spies and probably assassins too are using the wrong portraits. Thanks for posting this. Going to take a while to figure out what's going on with that.
    - Arevaci use Rome Banners: Known issue. Nobody available to make the correct one. Will get to it someday
    - Starving FM: A triat issue - thought we fixed it. Guess not. Reported.
    - Screen size: Lots of posts on this topic - see Petite Wolf #5 above.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Total_Wallyer View Post
    Cancel offer details is represented by a tick
    confirm offer details is represented by an X
    this is in the diplomacy screen when offering money btw
    Need screen shot and name of faction
    EBII Council

Downloaded, installed, when clicking too many factions -> CTD.
    When ingame extremely blurry, seems like extreme bloom.
    Tried turning off anti aliasing, no avail.
    It is unplayable, I can distinguish as taksashila some desert here and there, I can see a scroll telling me something, but I can't read the text by far. It's one big bloom/HDR fog.

Can't make screenshot for some reason either.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

I've noticed a bug where the British Tribesmen don't appear to wield any spears.

By spears I mean throwing javelins or whatever you want to call them. Also until they are caught in actual melee combat their spears are invisible. Also; are the Makedonian generals supposed to have levy spearmen as their bodyguard?

Quote Originally Posted by Petite Wolf View Post
    That's how Medieval 2 works. In Medieval 2 the building you use to upgrade a settlement is a wall. It's not a bug, but it is a bit weird to get used to if you don't have much M2TW experience.
    Cool, thanks! I feel like an idiot now.

Another "bug or intentional?" one - on the battle map, selected units aren't highlighted (with little green circles or however they ought to be highlighted). No banners, either. My units look exactly the same as the opponent's. Nice and cinematic and all, but makes battles confusing and difficult to control! EB2 is installed on top of a fresh, "out of the box" install of M2TW - I haven't messed with the settings other than to turn graphics quality up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ferret View Post
    Cool, thanks! I feel like an idiot now.

Another "bug or intentional?" one - on the battle map, selected units aren't highlighted (with little green circles or however they ought to be highlighted). No banners, either. My units look exactly the same as the opponent's. Nice and cinematic and all, but makes battles confusing and difficult to control! EB2 is installed on top of a fresh, "out of the box" install of M2TW - I haven't messed with the settings other than to turn graphics quality up.
    I'm not sure about that one. It might be a bug. Try checking through the sticky post about bugs they know about to see if they've mentioned it.

Thats not a bug, EB2 came with no arrow markers, you can enable them in the preferences txt alongside show banners and etc.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Reiacta View Post
    Downloaded, installed, when clicking too many factions -> CTD.
    When ingame extremely blurry, seems like extreme bloom.
    Tried turning off anti aliasing, no avail.
    It is unplayable, I can distinguish as taksashila some desert here and there, I can see a scroll telling me something, but I can't read the text by far. It's one big bloom/HDR fog.

Can't make screenshot for some reason either.
    Works perfectly without graphics enhancement mod though....

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Thats not a bug, EB2 came with no arrow markers, you can enable them in the preferences txt alongside show banners and etc.
    All right, cool, I'll figure it out.

File it under "suggestions", then The default settings would be great for screenshots and videos to show off how incredibly pretty the battle map and units are, but it's not very functional without unit highlighting and banners.

Works perfectly without graphics enhancement mod though....

That mod was made close to specifically for battles. In campaign you can just shift f12 and disable. In battles though it is much better with it.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Page 1 of 44 123456789101126 ... LastLast