Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Default Re: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Hello - very excited to play but getting an error on clicking the launcher for Steam users. It says it cant find E2TW and prompts me to install it! I assumed the first time that I had specified the wrong path in the installation (I left the default which looked right as it found my Steam install under drive E so uninstalled the mod and tried again. This time I noticed that the installer had the right path but the capitalisation of some words did not match what I was seeing in explorer so I changed it to match. I get the same error.

I am on win 7 64bit and my M2TW is at E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War - no log files as I guess its not even launched yet...

I was using other mods before (stainless steel) but I did a fresh install via steam today before trying to install EBII so I am not sure where I have gone wrong and would appriciate any suggestions!

Your path in the target line in the Installer should be C:\...\...\...\Medieval II Total War.

Other than that, did you try reinstalling the mod in a M2TW -outside- program files? Such as in D:\ ?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I did, but that didn't fix the issue. Everything's patched fully, and normal Kingdoms runs fine. There aren't any other mods to conflict with. I'm kind of at a loss...

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

First of thanks for this awesome mod.

Got a CTD after playing a lot of turns without any crashes

win7 64 bit

playing on steam, standard steam install path

Playing as Armenia/Hayastan I got messages about my king no longer needing satrapies or whatnot, I got it 2 turns in a row, maybe it could have something do with that?

log.txt

Alin just wanted to thank you for the help in getting past my launch issue - and say that once this game launched, it is a GLORIOUS EXPERIENCE! What a game you guys have created for all of us to enjoy! I took the Fog of War off just so I could enjoy the intricacies of all the other moving pieces on the Campaign Map and appreciate the beautiful artwork that created that masterpiece! Well Done EB Team!

Rilder's Avatar Miles

So far the only persistent crashes I've had is a rare one in regards to right clicking on a building or unit card on the campaign map and it CTDs, not really that much of an issue though really as it happens so rarely but I'll keep trying to see if I catch a pattern to it. Could always be related to my occasional spurts of copious alt-tabbing though.

Default Re: First bug report. :(

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    For step 7 do you have java installed? What's your install path?

If yes(if not you must install it) go to:
    Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools

Open build_scripts.ini with notepad(right click) and update this path to your java path(eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe):
    Exe = E:\Programs\Java\jre7.17\bin\java.exe

Afterwards run Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools\cuf\build-all-cuf.wsf.
    Double click, if it still opens in interner explorer then right click and choose open with command prompt.

As a noob in regards to all this stuff, how do I go about doing the greened thing?

EDIT: NVM, tried the "possible" solution and it made the problem go away. Looking forward to digging in to this long awaited mod now
    Last edited by Le_Swede; August 26, 2014 at 04:12 PM.

you have to use the text fix + "activate" These files with the "build strings bin" and the "build all cuf" fix with Java ( = also one fix explained on page 1 )

Quote Originally Posted by Glorvalhir View Post
    Ok, first of all, I am grateful for everything you guys have done ! You made me (and I'm guessing many others) really, REALLY happy.
    Now, I used to have the shared.txt launch crash, that fixed I still have the strat.txt everywhere on the descriptions of everything (towns, units, traits, unit stats)* and I re-installed the mod and copied both the text fix and the launch fix to their designated folders but this strat.txt everywhere hasn't been resolved by that.. So, can someone post a how to fix this for dummies ? Maybe I did something wrong..
    *-I played for a while in spite of this problem but can't stand it anymore (not knowing the units' stats and eveything)
    you have to use the text fix + "activate" These files with the "build strings bin" and the "build all cuf" fix with Java ( = also one fix explained on page 1 )

I still have problems with the text not working properly (shared.txt generic etc problem.). I've tried every fix the top post has offered multiple times and reinstalled EB2 numerous times to no avail - I can't get the text to work.

There is a log attached to this post, hopefully it will help to solve my problem.

Operating system is Microsoft Windows 8.2 64-bit, with retail version of M2TW Kingdoms patch 1.5.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can't find the edit button at my last post, but install path is C: Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\just like the installer proposed.

The only issue I'm having is the current year and season are not showing above the mini-map. This is a minor issue but it makes me wonder if the game installed correctly. I'm using the Steam version. I downloaded via torrent. Windows 7 64 bit.

STRINGS AND TEXT PROBLEMS???? DO THIS FIX......http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Practical Lobster View Post
    I did, but that didn't fix the issue. Everything's patched fully, and normal Kingdoms runs fine. There aren't any other mods to conflict with. I'm kind of at a loss...
    What shortcut did you use?
    There should be log files in:
    M2TW\mods\EBII\logs

Quote Originally Posted by haircute View Post
    During battles I am continuously CTD'ing when I do anything. All it says is there was an unspecified error. The campaign map seems to be working just fine and everything else is ok but battles are a no go for me. I can't figure out how to post attachments so I don't have my log file but the end of the ing thing says this:
    Can you try to pinpoint if it happens when units throw their javelins(check a hastati unit in a custom battle)?

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingi View Post
    I still have problems with the text not working properly (shared.txt generic etc problem.). I've tried every fix the top post has offered multiple times and reinstalled EB2 numerous times to no avail - I can't get the text to work.

There is a log attached to this post, hopefully it will help to solve my problem.

Operating system is Microsoft Windows 8.2 64-bit, with retail version of M2TW Kingdoms patch 1.5.
    Sadly the log is incomplete and I cannot tell what's happening. We need the full log.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermeni View Post
    First of thanks for this awesome mod.

Got a CTD after playing a lot of turns without any crashes

win7 64 bit

playing on steam, standard steam install path

Playing as Armenia/Hayastan I got messages about my king no longer needing satrapies or whatnot, I got it 2 turns in a row, maybe it could have something do with that?

log.txt
    Nothing wrong in the log, was it a random crash or repeatable?

Quote Originally Posted by Houjutsu View Post
    The only issue I'm having is the current year and season are not showing above the mini-map. This is a minor issue but it makes me wonder if the game installed correctly. I'm using the Steam version. I downloaded via torrent. Windows 7 64 bit.
    Open EBII.cfg in mods/EBII, make it read only and add(or search for) this:
    [misc]
    show_hud_date=true

Also other with string and text problems should try the suggested fix by mr mojo risin:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

After I play about 20-30 turns or so the game crashes with the message 'encountered an unknown error and will now exit'. This happens constantly, no matter what faction I pick. Always happens at the start of a new turn (when the end turn sequence is on Eleutheroi). This crash also happens when loading back into the campaign after finishing a battle.

Steam, Win7 64 bit, installed in proper directory (steam/steamapps/medieval2 total war), using launcher provided by mod. There is no log in logs folder.

EDIT: Also I forgot to add, if I load the last save I can continue past the crash point for another 20-30 turns, then it crashes again, repeat.
    Last edited by Geleco; August 26, 2014 at 05:43 PM.

Sadly the log is incomplete and I cannot tell what's happening. We need the full log.
    Here is the full log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Geleco View Post
    After I play about 20-30 turns or so the game crashes with the message 'encountered an unknown error and will now exit'. This happens constantly, no matter what faction I pick. Always happens at the start of a new turn (when the end turn sequence is on Eleutheroi). This crash also happens when loading back into the campaign after finishing a battle.

Steam, Win7 64 bit, installed in proper directory (steam/steamapps/medieval2 total war), using launcher provided by mod. There is no log in logs folder.

EDIT: Also I forgot to add, if I load the last save I can continue past the crash point for another 20-30 turns, then it crashes again, repeat.
    I see, can you post the save game file so we can take a look what's causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingi View Post
    Here is the full log.
    I see, please try this fix:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems

It may be to UAC which is difficult to fix from our side, we'll try to find a solution in the future.

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

I see, can you post the save game file so we can take a look what's causing it.

https://www.mediafire.com/?65dd3u83191d9p1

https://www.mediafire.com/?niprnikmdfieo73

http://www.mediafire.com/?m1a5b66mgxra34u

Also I cheated on all of these (some more than others), I guess that could have an effect, although I don't know why it would cause crashing on loading campaign map from a battle. Added population and money to look through building and recruitment rosters. I guess I can try running a cheatless campaign and see if I don't crash after ~50 turns.

Also I am using the graphical mod (ENB).
    Last edited by Geleco; August 26, 2014 at 06:18 PM.

2-D Ron's Avatar Campidoctor

recieved a CTD after 60 or so turns.
    Here's the Log.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    23:38:19.428 [system.io] [trace] file open,,X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_diplomacy.xml,16905
    23:38:19.428 [system.io] [info] open: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_diplomacy.xml (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.428 [system.io] [info] exists: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_faction_standing.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.428 [system.io] [trace] file open,,X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_faction_standing.txt,20903
    23:38:19.428 [system.io] [info] open: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_faction_standing.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.428 [system.io] [info] exists: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_missions.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.428 [system.io] [trace] file open,,X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_missions.txt,11529
    23:38:19.429 [system.io] [info] open: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_missions.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.429 [system.io] [info] exists: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.429 [system.io] [trace] file open,,X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml,6611
    23:38:19.429 [system.io] [info] open: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_settlement_mechanics.xml (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.429 [system.io] [info] exists: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_ship.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.429 [system.io] [trace] file open,,X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_ship.txt,1688
    23:38:19.429 [system.io] [info] open: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_ship.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.430 [system.io] [info] exists: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_sm_resources.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.430 [system.io] [trace] file open,,X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_sm_resources.txt,4934
    23:38:19.430 [system.io] [info] open: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/descr_sm_resources.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.430 [system.io] [info] exists: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.430 [system.io] [trace] file open,,X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt,455348
    23:38:19.430 [system.io] [info] open: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/export_descr_ancillaries.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.431 [system.io] [info] exists: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.431 [system.io] [trace] file open,,X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt,2361867
    23:38:19.431 [system.io] [info] open: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.433 [system.io] [info] exists: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.433 [system.io] [trace] file open,,X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt,929480
    23:38:19.433 [system.io] [info] open: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.435 [system.io] [info] exists: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/export_descr_guilds.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.435 [system.io] [trace] file open,,X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/export_descr_guilds.txt,499
    23:38:19.435 [system.io] [info] open: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/export_descr_guilds.txt (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.435 [system.io] [trace] file open,,6A565318,5275361
    23:38:19.435 [system.io] [info] open: found temp/campaign_battle.rpy (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:19.447 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle4_coward> fired
    23:38:19.447 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle4a_coward> fired
    23:38:19.447 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <AdmiralInitializedLost> fired
    23:38:19.447 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <AdmiralDemoted> fired
    23:38:19.447 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <battle4_coward> fired
    23:38:19.447 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <AdmiralInitializedWon> fired
    23:38:19.447 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <AdmiralPromoted> fired
    23:38:19.924 [system.io] [info] exists: found X:/Medieval 2/mods/EBII/data/ui/captain banners/dead/captain_card_f_seleukid.tga (from: X:\Medieval 2)
    23:38:24.089 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Also a minor issue
    - Liguria has No Regional Description or placeholder, description etc.

Hmm. If I lack any log file at all, what does that mean?