Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Default Re: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

I tried the fix posted on I think page 2 but it had a 93% error when extracting

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by MagniCuculi View Post
    I tried the fix posted on I think page 2 but it had a 93% error when extracting
    Maybe your download jsut got corrupted, try downloading it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timidus View Post
    Launcher problems - keep getting the message the "wrong disc inserted" -- well, there isn't any other disc to insert - the one inserted is the M2TW Kingdoms Gold Edition that's patched to 1.05 (and plays the vanilla M2TW game fine). What gives?
    I will take the guess that you started the game with the Steam version shortcut? That's what you get when you try to start a non-Steam version with the Steak version shortcut, at least I got that too when I experimented.

Hey guys, I didn't know, if I'm in the right thread (and will already say sorry for my bad English ), but I have a big problem with Installing. Everytime I start the installation I get this error Message below starting with the file "loading_screen_5.tga". The options I can choose mean cancel, repeat or ignor. If I repeat it, I will get this message every time again, but it needs about three or four minutes until it comes again. If I ignor this message, it goes on wir "loading_screen_6.tga", but same problem here, if I have clicked ignore, I have to wait about three or four minutes until I get the same error message for this file. I reapeated it about seven times, but even if the "loading_screen" files ended I got the same message for the next file.
    I run the installation as an administrator and I already tried to install in to another folder, that I could copy it to the Medieval folder, but same problem also there.

I hope someone of you can help me, waited the hole seven years for this day, but now I'm frustrated, that I can't play this probably brilliant modification.

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Keep getting random CTD on my 3rd turn as Baktria. Clicking the map just makes it crash sometimes.
    Logs or didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Icestorm93 View Post
    Hey guys, I didn't know, if I'm in the right thread (and will already say sorry for my bad English ), but I have a big problem with Installing. Everytime I start the installation I get this error Message below starting with the file "loading_screen_5.tga". The options I can choose mean cancel, repeat or ignor. If I repeat it, I will get this message every time again, but it needs about three or four minutes until it comes again. If I ignor this message, it goes on wir "loading_screen_6.tga", but same problem here, if I have clicked ignore, I have to wait about three or four minutes until I get the same error message for this file. I reapeated it about seven times, but even if the "loading_screen" files ended I got the same message for the next file.
    I run the installation as an administrator and I already tried to install in to another folder, that I could copy it to the Medieval folder, but same problem also there.

I hope someone of you can help me, waited the hole seven years for this day, but now I'm frustrated, that I can't play this probably brilliant modification.

I seems your install got corrupted, you should download it again.

Ok, first of all, I am grateful for everything you guys have done ! You made me (and I'm guessing many others) really, REALLY happy.
    Now, I used to have the shared.txt launch crash, that fixed I still have the strat.txt everywhere on the descriptions of everything (towns, units, traits, unit stats)* and I re-installed the mod and copied both the text fix and the launch fix to their designated folders but this strat.txt everywhere hasn't been resolved by that.. So, can someone post a how to fix this for dummies ? Maybe I did something wrong..
    *-I played for a while in spite of this problem but can't stand it anymore (not knowing the units' stats and eveything)

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    It's no permitted to discuss more about this on public forums, just google for that and medieval 2.

Use the launcher fix from the main post and update afterwards the cfg file, or make the cfg file read only.

Wait alin, small question.

If i download the launcher fix from the main post, and overwrite my own CFG file, i have to put it on Read Only? Because the year is showing and working after i did that, but every time i launch EB2 it goes back to the previous graphics (which bring my performance quite down). If i take out the Read Only wont it go back to the year not showing? Or the cfg file in its own fixed that?

Thanks!
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Getting a fair amount of ctd's at random moments.
    In my log file I see a lot these happening:

17:12:48.363 [system.io] [warning] open: G:/Medieval II Total War/mods/EBII/data/terrain/aerial_map/sea/waves.tga.dds is missing

That is just one example there are a lot of missing file warnings in there. Is that a problem with my installation or with the mod? And are these causing CTD's ?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorvalhir View Post
    Ok, first of all, I am grateful for everything you guys have done ! You made me (and I'm guessing many others) really, REALLY happy.
    Now, I used to have the shared.txt launch crash, that fixed I still have the strat.txt everywhere on the descriptions of everything (towns, units, traits, unit stats)* and I re-installed the mod and copied both the text fix and the launch fix to their designated folders but this strat.txt everywhere hasn't been resolved by that.. So, can someone post a how to fix this for dummies ? Maybe I did something wrong..
    *-I played for a while in spite of this problem but can't stand it anymore (not knowing the units' stats and eveything)
    The only solution would be to try this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14048785

I know it's not easy to do but we're puzzled until now with this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Wait alin, small question.

If i download the launcher fix from the main post, and overwrite my own CFG file, i have to put it on Read Only? Because the year is showing and working after i did that, but every time i launch EB2 it goes back to the previous graphics (which bring my performance quite down). If i take out the Read Only wont it go back to the year not showing? Or the cfg file in its own fixed that?

Thanks!
    No, it doesn't needs to be read only after using that launcher fix.
    If it still overwrites the contents then it's something w/ m2tw.

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Getting a fair amount of ctd's at random moments.
    In my log file I see a lot these happening:

17:12:48.363 [system.io] [warning] open: G:/Medieval II Total War/mods/EBII/data/terrain/aerial_map/sea/waves.tga.dds is missing

That is just one example there are a lot of missing file warnings in there. Is that a problem with my installation or with the mod? And are these causing CTD's ?
    is it actualy missing though??,follow the path and check, because i checked some stuff and it was actually there and not missing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    That's because you try to unpack it into your M2TW root directory, which is under C:\Program Files (x86), and that directory is protected by Windows, that's why you get "Access is denied".

Unpack EB2 into some other directory; it may be in Downloads folder, or on your Desktop, it doesn't really matter, but not into Program Files. And then right-click the installer and choose "Run as Administrator". It may work, but if it doesn't, it would be an easy solution to reinstall M2TW under any other directory than Program Files or Program Files (x86).
    THANKS very much. Problem solved. The game looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    The only solution would be to try this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14048785

I know it's not easy to do but we're puzzled until now with this issue.

No, it doesn't needs to be read only after using that launcher fix.
    If it still overwrites the contents then it's something w/ m2tw.
    Sorry, me again wit the off topic, but I took off the Read Only in EBII.cfg but the graphics go back to your default always. I manually changed the settings of EBII.cfg with notepad and it worked, but it seems still no changes i make in game stays longer than 1 session. Be it increasing audio, graphics, etc. Just a headsup. Have no idea why though. My M2TW in game options work as usual.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I tried the command prompt solution but it didn't help, still strat.txt everywhere.. Has that solution worked for other people ? Is there anything else I could try ?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by mr mojo risin View Post
    is it actualy missing though??,follow the path and check, because i checked some stuff and it was actually there and not missing at all.
    checked the path and there is a .tga file with the same name but the game is looking for a .tga.dds file there. Is that an error in the game? And yes hide file extensions is off in my Win Explorer options.

strange,after 3 times i manage too get the game working,i have windows 7 64 bits,first i clicked the Europa Barbarorum II (for disc installs),i took me at the loading screen it stayed their for a minute and then it crashed too desktop,the second time i click on the same link but as administrator,i was saying something strange like posted before and crashed,then third time i did the same as administrator and the mod loaded good and now i can play the game,lucky me thanks for this great peace of artwork!

edit;i just say it the wrong way;1 double click the the Europa Barbarorum II (for disc installs),get loading sreen and then 1 minute later game ctd too desktop,the second time i click on the same link(Europa Barbarorum II (for disc installs) but as administrator,but a black windows comes and say it can not find the mtw executable,and ask too continue too click on any button,after i do this a message comes and say like this;error unable to execut shell command.
    then i double click again the the Europa Barbarorum II (for disc installs) but not as administrator and then the games works for me.
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; August 26, 2014 at 12:38 PM.

I'm having an issue where immediately upon launch, the game encounters an "unspecified error" and crashes right back to desktop.

I don't see any log files, I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit, and the retail version. My path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII

Should I just reinstall?

Last edited by Brune; August 26, 2014 at 12:45 PM.

During battles I am continuously CTD'ing when I do anything. All it says is there was an unspecified error. The campaign map seems to be working just fine and everything else is ok but battles are a no go for me. I can't figure out how to post attachments so I don't have my log file but the end of the ing thing says this:

12:30:57.561 [system.io] [warning] open: C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/eb2/data/text/battle_event_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    12:30:57.577 [system.io] [warning] open: C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/eb2/data/text/battle_event_subtitles.txt is missing
    12:30:57.577 [system.io] [warning] open: C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/eb2/data/text/historic_battles_subtitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    12:30:57.593 [system.io] [warning] open: C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/eb2/data/text/historic_battles_subtitles.txt is missing
    12:31:01.577 [system.io] [warning] open: data/eb2_water/test/oceantest_shader1.texture is missing
    12:31:01.608 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#green_circle.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:01.608 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#arrow.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:01.624 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#arrow_distance.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:01.624 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#outline.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:01.624 [system.io] [warning] open: C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/eb2/data/textures/#unit_indicator_arrow.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:01.624 [system.io] [warning] open: data/battlefield/cloud_sprite.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:01.843 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/ebii/data/models_missile/eb_missile_javelin_high.cas is missing
    12:31:01.843 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models/textures/weapon_phalanx_spear.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:02.483 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models/textures/arrow_red.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:02.483 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models_missile/textures/sling_stone.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:02.483 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models/textures/vertex_pointer.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:02.483 [system.io] [warning] open: data/models/textures/waypoint_marker.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:02.483 [system.io] [warning] open: C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Medieval II Total War/mods/eb2/data/textures/battlefield_border.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:02.483 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/deployment_area_border.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:02.483 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#splash_ring.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:02.483 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#water_drop.tga.dds is missing
    12:31:02.483 [system.io] [warning] open: data/textures/#weather.tga.dds is missing

I am assuming this is a bad install?

Quote Originally Posted by Practical Lobster View Post
    I'm having an issue where immediately upon launch, the game encounters an "unspecified error" and crashes right back to desktop.

I don't see any log files, I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit, and the retail version. My path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII

Should I just reinstall?
    Reinstalled, no change.