Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Default Re: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Hi all.

I have a question - I got two shortcuts on my desktop. When I try to use Steam it says the same text error some of the guys mentioned above. But, when I use the other shortcut, I can play easily, no problem. But then another problem occurs - I'm playing with Bosphorian kingdom (some 15 turns now), and I laid siege on Schytopolis (or something like that), and when I try to assault, I lose the battle after 10 seconds.
    So, what's the problem here?
    Thanks in advance, mod is fantastic!

And yes - when the defenders attacked me, there was no problem, the battle went well. It seems to be the problem when I'm assaulting the province...

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Like I said you didn't apply the fix I did, it should have been:
    cd ..\..
    kingdoms.exe @mods\EBII\EBII.cfg
    That is interesting. Apparently unpacking the files directly into the folder with Peazip didn't actually override trhem. I had to extract them elsewhere and manually copy them into the folder. Good that that's settled now! Many thanks!

Libertus

My game CTDs (one time while choosing factions in grand campaign, one time during my turn - I didnīt play more then 30 minutes yet though), but there is no error text. It just ends and I am back on desktop screen with nothing out of ordinary. Should I go through fixes posted here, or is this a different problem than normal CTD? Thanks.

First of all thanks to the modders of this amazing project.

Unfortunately i can't get it working. Every time i try the shortcut I get a black dos window that rapidly close. If i try to launch with the launcher i get the famous message "shared.txt:{GERR_GENERIC}"

I've triyed all the fixes.

-there are no log files in log folder aside from "ebtools.log" created by the fix previously suggested.
    -the Windows version i'm using is vista 64 bit
    -is a retail version
    -the install path is D:\Games\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII

For me, everything works very fine so far and the mod, as expected, seems zo be very beautiful. Two small issues: With Pergamon, the adivisor popped up every turm, telling me about the possibliltiy to built the "military settler" building. With the Lugoines, no years are counted.

Hallo,

After all my Problems i postet here i try to make a new Install of the Game. But my Gold Version DVD does not work, so i buyed the Game grom Steam, install EBII and everything is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by BoleslavLev View Post
    My game CTDs (one time while choosing factions in grand campaign, one time during my turn - I didnīt play more then 30 minutes yet though), but there is no error text. It just ends and I am back on desktop screen with nothing out of ordinary. Should I go through fixes posted here, or is this a different problem than normal CTD? Thanks.
    I guess a lot of people suffers from this, after 9-10 turns I get ctd.

Quote Originally Posted by M.V.Celerinus View Post
    Hallo,

After all my Problems i postet here i try to make a new Install of the Game. But my Gold Version DVD does not work, so i buyed the Game grom Steam, install EBII and everything is fine.
    wieviel hast du bezahlt für das Spiel?

I can run the game (Looks great!), but still got the "missing text" Problem, although i tried all fixes.

no log file in the Folder
    Windows 7 64 bit
    C: Programme(X86)/Total War

PROBLEMS SOLVED AFTER REINSTALLING AND USING ALL FIXES LIKE SUPPOSED TO!
    Last edited by Maskoolin; August 26, 2014 at 08:14 AM.

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

I clicked Custom Battles. CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon the J View Post
    when I try to assault, I lose the battle after 10 seconds
    Did you build a ram? If you don't have that, the game tends to consider the assault failed because the wall cannot be breached. Even if there are no actual walls!

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

THIS is my problem:

! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1a.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1b.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1c.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1d.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1e.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1f.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1g.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1h.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1i.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1j.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1k.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1l.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1m.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1n.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1o.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII.exe
    Access is denied.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

if you are having trouble trying to launch via the desktop icon all I did is create a shortcut for the launcher.bat and launch the game that way.

Also you may need to delete the map.rwm in the mods\EBII\data\world\maps\base as this caused my custom battles to crash, dont worry as the game makes a new map.rwm on startup!

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Also you may need to delete the map.rwm in the mods\EBII\data\world\maps\base as this caused my custom battles to crash, dont worry as the game makes a new map.rwm on startup!
    Is that a known M2TW issue? Since it doesn't make any sense, it's generated by the game anyway.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by Lannes1 View Post
    THIS is my problem:

! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1a.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1b.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1c.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1d.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1e.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1f.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1g.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1h.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1i.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1j.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1k.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1l.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1m.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1n.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII-1o.bin
    Access is denied.
    ! C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\EB2.zip: Cannot create C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII.exe
    Access is denied.
    You have to run the installer as administrator.

Also, first and foremost rule of installing M2TW with mods is NOT TO INSTALL IT in Program Files and Programs Files (x86) directories. Seriously people, M2TW has been on the market since 2006 and it is well known issue.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I have the game launched now, but the campaign map is bright and blurred! Cannot really see or read anything
    Sorry, wrong thread, please move or delete. Thank you

Default Re: First bug report. :(

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Try to extract this into this folder: Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII\data\

Please let me know if it fixes the issue.
    It fixed the issues with strat.txt visible, I reported here.

Thanks, Alin!

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Selecting huge city for roman culture causes a crash in custom battles? i cannot remember how to make that scripts thing...that gives you error report

EDIT: seems to have corrected itself!! all working fine now, must have been a random crash
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; August 26, 2014 at 06:43 AM.

Hi. I have tried installing and then running EBII and i keep getting a message saying the disc is not in the computer. However the disc is and my other Med2TW mods work fine and pick up the disc.
    I have a solid state HDD that just has the operating system installed and my Med2TW and Kingdoms are installed in the F Drive in the Sega parent directory (not Steam Installed). When i installed i told it to put it in F:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War but can see no EBII files in the directory at all? Any suggestions on how i can get this working as like many others i have been eagerly awaiting this for years? thanks

Kirila the Kitten's Avatar Primicerius

Well, the game crashed after I overwrited a save file. This thing is unstable.