Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: First bug report. :(

Quote Originally Posted by siccmr187 View Post
    Windows 7 , 64bit , Retail digital coy from amazon
    First please upload the following file: D:/sega/mods/EBII/data/descr_projectile.txt.
    Your installer may have been corrupted.

Secondly try this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14048785

Miles

Default Re: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Still not working! After reinstallation, running as admin, taking ownership of the folders, and installing the hotfix.

I get this when I wanna run the game.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

When I terminate this command prompt by pressing a random key, the following slightly different message appears.
    Script: C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools\demo_launcher\launcher.wsf
    Line: 345
    Sign: 4

Error: Access denied
    Code: 800A0046
    Source: Runtime error in Microsoft JScript
    And again my DxDiag.

Retail Collector's Edition. Multilanguage version, everything installed as English.
    Last edited by Campylobacter jejuni; August 25, 2014 at 05:17 PM.

Campylobacter, can you post the contents of C:\SEGA\Medieval II Total War?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Miles

And of course I patched Kingdoms to 1.5 before installing EBII.

Here
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Campylobacter jejuni; August 25, 2014 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    First please upload the following file: D:/sega/mods/EBII/data/descr_projectile.txt.
    Your installer may have been corrupted.

Secondly try this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14048785
    descr_projectile.txtdescr_projectile.txt

Heres the file, an your suggestion allowed me to run the builder ok but when it finished i was still unable to start Eb2

No need to, just extract this fix(it should replace some existing files) in M2TW\mods\EBII. Let me know if it works. Sorry for the trouble.
    It worked for me. Had to grant write permissions to extravt in EBII folder.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

20:57:10.758 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 25 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2.1-30 (43169) ===
    Doesn't that indicate that he hasn't got patch 1.5 installed? Isn't v1.5 required to play EB2?

Under the patronage of m_1512

For step 7 do you have java installed? What's your install path?

If yes(if not you must install it) go to:
    Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools

Open build_scripts.ini with notepad(right click) and update this path to your java path(eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe):
    Exe = E:\Programs\Java\jre7.17\bin\java.exe

Afterwards run Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools\cuf\build-all-cuf.wsf.
    Double click, if it still opens in interner explorer then right click and choose open with command prompt.

Version: Retail

I had shader.txt problem, tried first two fixes, that you provided and I managed to launch the mod. Then I had the problems with texts appearing everywhere in game, I did exactly as you said and it took like 5 minutes to rebuild everything, but now IT WORKS!!! So far no other issues, thanks!

While I was playing my Pergamon campaign my unit cards started acting weird.
    Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=514102

I cant seem to install kingdoms, Im so confused right now its been a while since i have been pc savy. My MTW2 is 1.3 , yet i have a kingdoms exe. But my kingdoms exe is what led me to mtw2 with game version 1.3 I got the gold edition, same as the other dude whos having same problems as me. Its just one installation and thats it. any advice?

M2TW is 1.30, while kingdoms is 1.5. If i go inside the options tab in M2TW it will say 1.3
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

hold on i think i have problem. My games readme file.... what a f***n con!

The Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms contained within this gold pack is
    only compatible with the boxed retail version of Medieval II: Total War or the
    Medieval II: Total War contained within this gold package. Digitally distributed versions
    of Medieval II: Total War are not supported. Uninstalling the digitally downloaded
    version of Medieval II and then installing the gold pack will allow you to play
    Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms.

Install ran fine but it put two shortcuts on my desktop. One goes to Launch.bat and the other to Launcher.exe.

Miles

I cant seem to install kingdoms, Im so confused right now its been a while since i have been pc savy. My MTW2 is 1.3 , yet i have a kingdoms exe. But my kingdoms exe is what led me to mtw2 with game version 1.3 I got the gold edition, same as the other dude whos having same problems as me. Its just one installation and thats it. any advice?
    Yes, when you install Kigndoms it automatically patches Medieval 2 to 1.3 before installing Kingdoms, because that was the current version when Kingdoms was released. But you still have to download and install the 1.5 patch that was released later.

Ignore previous post of mine, i dont know how to edit so apologies for this one

Quote Originally Posted by bob01 View Post
    Install ran fine but it put two shortcuts on my desktop. One goes to Launch.bat and the other to Launcher.exe.
    Yes. Delete the one that's not proper to your installation.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Campylobacter jejuni View Post
    Yes, when you install Kigndoms it automatically patches Medieval 2 to 1.3 before installing Kingdoms, because that was the current version when Kingdoms was released. But you still have to download and install the 1.5 patch that was released later.
    gotcha! installing it now

Miles

ADDENDUM TO MY PROBLEM

When I directly execute launch.bat, the weird "can't find M2TW" thing doesn't appear in the command prompt, but that second JScript error still appears.

And I get the message shown in the attachment when I directly execute launcher.swf.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hum.jpg  
    Last edited by Campylobacter jejuni; August 25, 2014 at 05:12 PM.

Nothing works i give up! stupid Gold edition is to blame i think, should have bought of steam or pirated night night all

For step 7 do you have java installed? What's your install path?

If yes(if not you must install it) go to:
    Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools

Open build_scripts.ini with notepad(right click) and update this path to your java path(eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe):
    Exe = E:\Programs\Java\jre7.17\bin\java.exe

Afterwards run Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools\cuf\build-all-cuf.wsf.
    Double click, if it still opens in interner explorer then right click and choose open with command prompt.
    No...not work, but many thx for your help and for your patience. I wouldt try to install a new clean Version from my Goldversion and the i will try all again.