Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Default Re: First bug report. :(

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Try to run M2TW/documentation/tools/cuf/build-strings-bin.wsf, then run the game once more.

I sure hope the rest of the people don't have it like that. I think we would have seen it earlier if that is the case for everyone.
    Hm. Is that supposed to be the help with shared.txt problem? I have same problem, and running the scrip errors me (I believe it's Windoom trying to open it in default Windows Script Host, because I don't have Java installed).

Im gettting the black screen with shared.txt:{GERR_GENERIC} on luanch. I done the build strings thingie and it said somthing about a Java error. I will try and work out how to save a screenshot then post if that helps

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by M.V.Celerinus View Post
    Hallo,

First i like to say thank you all for your work and this fantastic Mod. So, i had the same error and your Method works for me. But i have a other error, see here please. What can i do to fix that problem with the shared.txt ?
    Try to extract this into this folder: Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII\data\

Please let me know if it fixes the issue.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Where can i find that or get that? And many thanks for your help.
    Umm... I just told you...? It's in the documentation/tools/cuf folder, under your M2TW folder. Run that script.

Oh, and you need Java, yes. Sorry. Try Alin's fix first though.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post

I cant start the Mod.... this happens now -> shared.txt:{GERR_GENERIC} ... and i am somewhat perplexed because i can start the Mod after installing him, and now...?

Works so far, thanks.

I have a minor complaint When I was browsing the units while setting up my first battle, I noticed that unit's description and stats are hard to read if the popup is located over units window (and it usually is) because background color of unit cards is similar to font color.

Also, I'm missing a " Flash firendly/enemy units" button in UI. Intentional or bug?

Where can i find that or get that? And many thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Umm... I just told you...? It's in the documentation/tools/cuf folder, under your M2TW folder. Run that script.

Oh, and you need Java, yes. Sorry. Try Alin's fix first though.
    So... Java is activ, and i run the file in the cuf folder, but same again, shared.txt.

Tried all the fixes still get this

I cant start the Mod.... this happens now -> shared.txt:{GERR_GENERIC} ... and i am somewhat perplexed because i can start the Mod after installing him, and now...?
    Did you try the .rar? Are you sure it overwritten existing files? Do you have a 32 bit version of Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Works so far, thanks.

I have a minor complaint When I was browsing the units while setting up my first battle, I noticed that unit's description and stats are hard to read if the popup is located over units window (and it usually is) because background color of unit cards is similar to font color.

Also, I'm missing a " Flash firendly/enemy units" button in UI. Intentional or bug?
    Can you post a screenshot, I have a trouble imagining the issue.

For some reason i am having trouble posting a screenshot. I have tried everything suggested and still i get the same screen Celernus gets . EB fails to luanch with an shared generic text error. Its a shame i am one of the few who have run into this. Been waiting the full 8 years for this Mod! just my luck

Did you try the .rar? Are you sure it overwritten existing files? Do you have a 32 bit version of Windows?
    I have a 64 bit Version Windows 7. And yes, i try both .rar and the files where overwritten (i hope).

Hi guys

Firstly, I'd like to say thanks for all the work and help. Had problems with Launcher, fixed with the .rar file you loaded up Alin. Now when I load I get this message. Clearly the screen resolution is wrong, but I've tried moving it around and my monitor doesn't like it. Can you give me any help with what I've done wrong?

Cheers
    Ben

[IMG][/IMG]

I am running 64bit windows 7 too , and Celerinus are you using the digital gold edition?

Bloody windows 8.1...

PrtScr for some reason doesn't capture what's on screen in EB, but screen of what's running under it-desktop or Chrome usually. Can't find a proper solution. And ingame screenshot function doesn't work in menu.

Quote Originally Posted by siccmr187 View Post
    I am running 64bit windows 7 too , and Celerinus are you using the digital gold edition?
    Yes, i use the Gold Edition from German Computerbild Magazin.

So my error History.

1. I had the same problem as Campylobacter jejuni reported here in #1

2. I read the helpfull answer from bovi in #7

3. I couldt start the mod without any problems. Nice Vids by the way and fantastic atmospäre too.

4. But after restart i have the problem i posted in #10

5. When i closed the game, i read on this error like Campylobacter jejuni posted in #4

6. I used the Fixes, both from alin.

7. I run the M2TW/documentation/tools/cuf/build-strings-bin.wsf, but the Internet Explorer opens like i postedt in #27.

8. When i try to start the Mod, only this happend like i postet in #15

So, i think i made some mistakes, but where?

We will try to resolve the string issues asap but for that we'll need you to post the following:
    -log file, located in: M2TW\mods\EBII\logs
    -the Windows version you are using(32 or 64bit and version: 7, 8, XP )
    -steam or retail version
    -install path
    Last edited by alin; August 25, 2014 at 03:58 PM.

Windows 7 , 64bit , Retail digital coy from amazon

Log file

20:57:10.757 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    20:57:10.758 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 25 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2.1-30 (43169) ===
    20:57:10.762 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    20:57:10.763 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    20:57:10.764 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    20:57:10.766 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    20:57:10.767 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    20:57:10.767 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    20:57:10.783 [system.io] [warning] open: D:/sega/mods/EBII/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    20:57:10.788 [system.io] [warning] open: D:/sega/mods/EBII/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    20:57:10.790 [system.io] [warning] open: D:/sega/mods/EBII/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    20:57:10.790 [system.io] [warning] open: D:/sega/mods/EBII/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    20:57:12.802 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    20:57:12.807 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    20:57:12.807 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    20:57:12.822 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    20:57:12.822 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    20:57:12.827 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    20:57:12.827 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    20:57:12.827 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    20:57:12.827 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    20:57:12.827 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    20:57:12.827 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    20:57:12.827 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    20:57:12.827 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    20:57:12.827 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    20:57:12.827 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    20:57:12.827 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    20:57:12.827 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    20:57:12.827 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    20:57:12.827 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    20:57:13.092 [script.err] [error] Script Error in D:/sega/mods/EBII/data/descr_projectile.txt, at line 593, column 1
    Expected 'radius'
    20:57:13.648 [system.rpt] [error] shared.txt:{GERR_GENERIC}

Windows 7, 64 bit. Retail Version, but the folder in M2TW\mods\EBII\logs is empty...

For step 7 do you have java installed? What's your install path?

If yes(if not you must install it) go to:
    Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools

Open build_scripts.ini with notepad(right click) and update this path to your java path(eg. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe):
    Exe = E:\Programs\Java\jre7.17\bin\java.exe

Afterwards run Medieval II Total War\documentation\tools\cuf\build-all-cuf.wsf.
    Double click, if it still opens in interner explorer then right click and choose open with command prompt.

Quote Originally Posted by siccmr187 View Post
    Windows 7 , 64bit , Retail digital coy from amazon
    First please upload the following file: D:/sega/mods/EBII/data/descr_projectile.txt.
    Your installer may have been corrupted.

Secondly try this:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14048785