Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Default Re: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Quote Originally Posted by Practical Lobster View Post
    Hmm. If I lack any log file at all, what does that mean?
    By which I mean folder, but apparently cannot edit my posts yet...

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    Can you try to pinpoint if it happens when units throw their javelins(check a hastati unit in a custom battle)?
    I have that issue. Is there a fix for this?

I see, can you post the save game file so we can take a look what's causing it.

I see, please try this fix:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems

It may be to UAC which is difficult to fix from our side, we'll try to find a solution in the future.
    Didn't help. Text is all ed up just like before. I gave full properties to Medieval II file and the SEGA file and it didn't have any effect and I also tried the fixes in the top post.

Default Re: First bug report. :(

Salve,
    I want to express my sincere gratitude to all those who helped in the development of this piece of art.
    Unfortunately i had my share of problems. First i had the launch problem and used the .rar to solve it.
    But now i'm having the "text problem" as well and can't seem to find any solution.
    I tried to follow the steps described but it did not work.

No log file, Win 7 x64, steam, C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

alin's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferHawk View Post
    I have that issue. Is there a fix for this?
    Try this:
    http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...7-Battle-Crash

I'm still not aware if it fixes the issue, let me know if it does or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 2-D Ron View Post
    recieved a CTD after 60 or so turns.
    Here's the Log.
    Thanks, reported it to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Practical Lobster View Post
    Hmm. If I lack any log file at all, what does that mean?
    The .cfg file isn't correctly configured or UAC issues, steam or retail?
    Is it installed in program files?

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingi View Post
    Didn't help. Text is all ed up just like before. I gave full properties to Medieval II file and the SEGA file and it didn't have any effect and I also tried the fixes in the top post.
    Sadly this will take some time until we fix it.
    Are you sure you tried this fix?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14048785

Delete before the .bin files just to be sure it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Doulkus Pontikus View Post
    Salve,
    I want to express my sincere gratitude to all those who helped in the development of this piece of art.
    Unfortunately i had my share of problems. First i had the launch problem and used the .rar to solve it.
    But now i'm having the "text problem" as well and can't seem to find any solution.
    I tried to follow the steps described but it did not work.

No log file, Win 7 x64, steam, C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    Try to install it in another folder, not Program Files (x86), there are UAC issues there that may cause this.
    We're not quite sure yet.

Retail, and no, although for what it's worth I get the same error if it is installed in program files... (I tried twice)

Sadly this will take some time until we fix it.
    Are you sure you tried this fix?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post14048785

Delete before the .bin files just to be sure it works.
    I have tried that one numerous times, must be over ten times now. I did that just right now and it didn't work, just like before.

And what do you mean by "Delete before the .bin files just to be sure it works."?

Also, could the problem be that I have two Java folders - one in Program Files and a another one in Program Files (x86)?

No need to, just extract this fix(it should replace some existing files) in M2TW\mods\EBII.

Let me know if it works.
    Sorry for the trouble.
    THANK YOU! Mine didn't even launch. Now it does.
    Thank you very much

I tried downloading the text-fix but am still unable to get past "shared.text".

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Any idea how to enable the windowless fulscreen mode. Doesn't appear to be working.

Quote Originally Posted by M.V.Celerinus View Post
    Hallo,

After all my Problems i postet here i try to make a new Install of the Game. But my Gold Version DVD does not work, so i buyed the Game grom Steam, install EBII and everything is fine.
    I'm having the same problem with my stock DVD version of the game. Did you buy the game on Steam?

Icon4 Re: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

I had a CTD while playing Grand Campaign with Baktria, in turn 11, when I clicked the "End Turn" button.

Windows 7, 64-bit version
    M2:TW steam version
    D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\EBII

Afterwards I restarted the mod, reloaded my Grand Campaign from the autosave and, when I clicked the "end turn" button again no CTD occured and I was able to continue to the next turn.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Open EBII.cfg in mods/EBII, make it read only and add(or search for) this:
    [misc]
    show_hud_date=true

Also other with string and text problems should try the suggested fix by mr mojo risin:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems
    Unfortunately this didn't work. I replaced the text that was already there which was "show hud date = 1". I also made it read only after making the changes, but still no luck. If this matters, I'm playing as the Romans and I've always hit continue campaign. Haven't tried a new campaign with the changes. I'll give it a shot now.

I had another CTD while playing Grand Campaign with Baktria, this time in turn 17, when I clicked the "End Turn" button.

Afterwards I restarted the mod, reloaded my Grand Campaign from the autosave and, when I clicked the "end turn" button again no CTD occured and I was able to continue to the next turn.

Quote Originally Posted by M.V.Celerinus View Post
    Hallo,

First i like to say thank you all for your work and this fantastic Mod. So, i had the same error and your Method works for me. But i have a other error, see here please. What can i do to fix that problem with the shared.txt ?

I have the stock version of med ii and kingdoms cds and have the same problem here. I've tried the fixes recommended here save for the java script fixes but the problem still persists. any recommendations?

I had another CTD while playing Grand Campaign with Baktria, this time in turn 21, when I clicked the "End Turn" button.

Dude I don't think its necessary to put all of the ctds as its seems like the same issue, I have it too, just in order to check if it was about something I have done, I didn't done anything but hit the end turn button, still got a ctd after around turn 9-10, playing as Pergamon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    Dude I don't think its necessary to put all of the ctds as its seems like the same issue, I have it too, just in order to check if it was about something I have done, I didn't done anything but hit the end turn button, still got a ctd after around turn 9-10, playing as Pergamon.
    I've been asking others, but haven't got any responses: Please put your game in windowed mode and try the same thing. Do you still get CTDs? No guarantees, but it might work.
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    I've been asking others, but haven't got any responses: Please put your game in windowed mode and try the same thing. Do you still get CTDs? No guarantees, but it might work.
    Gonna try and put the result.

Quote Originally Posted by Tureuki View Post
    Gonna try and put the result.
    Thanks. The idea is that M2TW is an old program, and display resolutions have altered radically since it was released. Windowed mode puts it in the 1024x768 "comfort zone", and it seems happiest at that resolution (or any other it was specifically designed for).
    EBII Council