Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 419202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Default Re: Launcher & String and CTD issues(post here)

Unspecified error CTD on turn 21 I believe, though I have to force close the game through task manager. It crashes on my latest quick save though I can still make use of a regular save from an hour before.

eb.system.log.rar

Quote Originally Posted by Doodleskris View Post
    Unspecified error CTD on turn 21 I believe, though I have to force close the game through task manager. It crashes on my latest quick save though I can still make use of a regular save from an hour before.
    Nothing jumps out at me from the log. Does the game always crash at exactly the same point? If the CTD happens during an AI turn, remove FoW and watch everything the AI is doing, so you can report the full details of the event.
    EBII Council

I managed to fix the CTD's by uninstalling and reinstalling M2TW and EBII. I believe the campaign got corrupted by me having initially used the .bat launcher file within the mod directory instead of using the launcher desktop shortcuts (the Steam launcher, that is). Everything works now and with a new campaign, I have seen no instability or CTD's whatsoever for almost 100 turns now. Thanks for the reply, though.

Note to self: pay more attention to M2TW mod instructions!

Hi,

I'm getting a recurring CTD when loading into battle map from pos 128,132. Please find the error log in the attachment.

Thank you.eb.system.log.zip

Also, I frequently get CTDs after each battle when transitioning into campaign map. I tried waiting a minute or 2 during the last battle conclusion window and still CTD'd. Please advise.eb.system.log2.zip
    Last edited by jinandjuice; August 29, 2018 at 11:51 AM.
    [/U]

Quote Originally Posted by jinandjuice View Post
    Hi,

I'm getting a recurring CTD when loading into battle map from pos 128,132. Please find the error log in the attachment.

Thank you.eb.system.log.zip
    That log is still the tiny one, thus not helpful. However, since the CTD is repeatable, why don't you post the save game instead? That way I can take a look at it myself (assuming it's from an unmodified v2.3 game).

Also, I frequently get CTDs after each battle when transitioning into campaign map. I tried waiting a minute or 2 during the last battle conclusion window and still CTD'd. Please advise.eb.system.log2.zip
    Random CTDs - especially those involving the transition from Strat map to battlemap or vice versa - are a good indicator of "not enough system resources". Accordingly, you should read this thread and "do your own research".
    EBII Council

Been crashing now when checking family tree. I do have the 4gb patch. Am on turn 731 and indeed my family tree is pretty gigantic, so normal yeah?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Been crashing now when checking family tree. I do have the 4gb patch. Am on turn 731 and indeed my family tree is pretty gigantic, so normal yeah?
    Unfortunately, yes, crashing when you try to look at a vast family tree seems to be "normal" for M2TW.

Miles

I saved my Parthia game right before assaulting a city and accidently clicked on auto resolve, which I lost. I reloaded the safe and the game crashed with a CTD.
    I tried again, same CTD.
    Then I tried to load a safe from 50 minutes~ before and it also crashes.
    Now I lost my whole Parthia match to that CTD.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by SanderP View Post
    I saved my Parthia game right before assaulting a city and accidently clicked on auto resolve, which I lost. I reloaded the safe and the game crashed with a CTD.
    I tried again, same CTD.
    Then I tried to load a safe from 50 minutes~ before and it also crashes.
    Now I lost my whole Parthia match to that CTD.
    Looks like the FL/FH bug again:

Code:
    12:00:55.441 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <wait> at line 42560 in mods/ebii/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    12:00:55.441 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <wait_monitors> at line 266218 in mods/ebii/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    12:00:55.799 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <TrulyAlive> fired
    12:00:55.799 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HellenicLeaderBecomesBasileus> fired
    12:00:55.799 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <FinallyBecomesFactionLeader> fired
    12:00:55.799 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HellenicHeirCeasesKleronomos> fired
    12:00:55.799 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <DisinheritedFactionHeir1> fired
    12:00:55.800 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <HellenicHeirBecomesKleronomos> fired
    12:00:55.800 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <FinallyBecomesFactionHeir> fired
    12:00:55.801 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/custom_portraits/antiochos/portrait_dead.tga (from: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    12:00:55.801 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/custom_portraits/antiochos/portrait_dead.tga (from: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    12:00:55.802 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/custom_portraits/antiochos/portrait_dead.tga (from: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    12:00:55.802 [system.io] [info] exists:   found mods/ebii/data/ui/custom_portraits/antiochos/portrait_dead.tga (from: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War)
    12:00:55.802 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. Please compress your error log in a zip format and upload it on the EBII technical help forum.
    Have you tried aborting the siege?

Miles

You mean both killed in that battle? There was only a general inside.
    Can't abort the siege cause after I pressed reload, the game went inaccessible for me on both safes

You mean both killed in that battle? There was only a general inside.
    Can't abort the siege cause after I pressed reload, the game went inaccessible for me on both safes
    Is it the last city owned by another faction? (i.e. they will be destroyed if you conquer the city) If so, the FL/FH bug is when the FL dies but the FH lives, and those error messages are identical to the ones we've seen when the bug strikes. If you can't walk away from the siege (and assuming that yes, it is the last city owned by the enemy faction), you'll need to solve the problem differently. Please read this thread (in particular post #6) for a way to solve the problem.
    EBII Council

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Is it the last city owned by another faction? (i.e. they will be destroyed if you conquer the city) If so, the FL/FH bug is when the FL dies but the FH lives, and those error messages are identical to the ones we've seen when the bug strikes. If you can't walk away from the siege (and assuming that yes, it is the last city owned by the enemy faction), you'll need to solve the problem differently. Please read this thread (in particular post #6) for a way to solve the problem.
    Nope, it was Zadrakarta of the Seleucids and they got plenty of land left, that isnt the thing.
    I couldve abandoned the siege, but I always safe in case of a crash right before the battle, then I reloaded after a missclick on autoresolve and the reload of the safe crashed the game before I got back into it.
    The same thing happened on both safes of the campaign, I could not load either after the autoresolve, both safeloadings crashed the game with the posted error.

I could reproduce the error as well, when I safe the game while in the attack city screen, then autoresolve the battle and trying to reload, the safe will crash on loading it.

Nope, it was Zadrakarta of the Seleucids and they got plenty of land left, that isnt the thing.
    I couldve abandoned the siege, but I always safe in case of a crash right before the battle, then I reloaded after a missclick on autoresolve and the reload of the safe crashed the game before I got back into it.
    The same thing happened on both safes of the campaign, I could not load either after the autoresolve, both safeloadings crashed the game with the posted error.

I could reproduce the error as well, when I safe the game while in the attack city screen, then autoresolve the battle and trying to reload, the safe will crash on loading it.
    I can't promise anything (it sounds like the saves are completely borked at this point), but if you post the save game i'll take a look at it. That error message is universally associated with the FL/FH bug, so it's very odd to see it in a different context.
    EBII Council

Miles

I started all over by now, but I kept both saves just in case you might ask for them.
    "Quicksafe" is the newer, the named one the older safe.
    Both crash the game for me upon loading them
    Attached Files Attached Files

I started all over by now, but I kept both saves just in case you might ask for them.
    "Quicksafe" is the newer, the named one the older safe.
    Both crash the game for me upon loading them
    Yep, they both crash for me, too. Unfortunate, as I would have liked to see what was going on. Anyway, if you have started a new Pahlava Campaign, there is a bug with the reform, but you can fix it (not save game compatible however) by making the simple text file change shown in this post (and then starting a new campaign).
    EBII Council

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    Yep, they both crash for me, too. Unfortunate, as I would have liked to see what was going on. Anyway, if you have started a new Pahlava Campaign, there is a bug with the reform, but you can fix it (not save game compatible however) by making the simple text file change shown in this post (and then starting a new campaign).
    Eww, not sure about starting _another_ round with them anytime soon ... though thank you for informing!

Hello getting this ctd when loading campaign save files. What do you make of it?

Many thanks

Leg

eb.system.log.rar

Quote Originally Posted by legato466 View Post
    Hello getting this ctd when loading campaign save files. What do you make of it?

Many thanks

Leg

eb.system.log.rar
    Unfortunately, it looks like a corrupted save (with the FL/FH bug).

You're not doing yourself any favours with that unnecessarily long path, either.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Unfortunately, it looks like a corrupted save (with the FL/FH bug).

You're not doing yourself any favours with that unnecessarily long path, either.
    Thank you, that is interesting.

I have not been playing for long time but I did not touch any file or change any setting a part from playing full screen.
    Does playing on full screen cause save game corruption (compared to windowed mode?)

Leg

Quote Originally Posted by legato466 View Post
    Thank you, that is interesting.

I have not been playing for long time but I did not touch any file or change any setting a part from playing full screen.
    Does playing on full screen cause save game corruption (compared to windowed mode?)

Leg
    No, playing on full screen just makes crashes more likely. You haven't enabled autosave, have you?